Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Daps
Moonlight wasn't a great film in my opinion. The film felt monotonous. 1 layer of hallmark black gay sadness. I'm not against gays at all I watched brokeback mountain and that was a great film pause :dame:.
i thought moonlight was a gray film but I like movies that dig that deep into a character. It was subtle with everything it did.

Daps
Questions:

Why didn't Howard make any money off the $190K the gem was auctioned for? He could have used his uncle's $190K to pay off his debts and then made the bet on Game 7, pay his uncle back and still come out rich with the gem.

He hadn’t gotten the money from the auction house yet; I’m guessing it would’ve taken a few days cuz he tells unc he’d send it right to him once it hit his account. Of course, that was probably bullshyt, cuz like jayshiggs pointed out, Howard was just a scumbag, but the only reason he ain’t bet that was cuz he ain’t have it yet.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely didnt expect that ending. I enjoyed the movie but this is definitely meant to be viewed in theaters or a 4K blu ray.

I should’ve waited to watch

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw it earlier today; thought it was great

that Julia chick...:wow::noah:

didn’t expect
Howard to get :bustback:...why did the enforcer dude come out blasting anyway?
probably got tired of the run around, excuses and bullshyt Howard brings. Plus locking them in the store didnt make it any better at that point its better to get rid of the problem completely. And take all his shyt as payment

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
im trying to think if there any same crime dramas with boxing involved..maybe snake eyes..but not on this level..the pacing in this is good, reminds me of earlier scorsese films.
thats a fire movie waiting to be made bro

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Ok film. I think it's a good movie but I'm underwhelmed at the moment because everyone is saying this movie is super fire. I think people are enjoying this film because it's different and feels original expecially now with all the comic book crap out there.

Adam sandler is not winning best actor.
He did a weird accent in the beginning of the movie when hes on the phone outside and dropped it the rest of the movie plus the scene where hes crying with the side chick towards the end :snoop:
This is Joaquin Phoenix year.

Sidebar: I'm noticing a trend with A24 films. They are doing great work at dropping fresh interesting out of the box films and I appreciate that but they aren't dropping great great films. I usually feel like theyre movies are ighht and cool but I dont get that feeling of nolan terantino scorcese Spielberg type films. The most memorable A24 film to me is ex machina and it was cool but that's about it. :yeshrug:

7 out of 10 to be generous
Adam driver