Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
He had a 2 team parlay

KG points + rebounds (over 27) and Celtics win

So (2 team parlay) 165,000 x 2.2 = 363,000 in winning. Total 528,000
There's a point in the movie where he asks her to read out the bet ticket after she buys it and I thought I heard to win was 2.something million.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh shyt....dunno how I missed this...looks good tho

*edit*

holy shyt...didn’t realized it already hit the net...damn...I’m slipping

Last edited:
Daps
I have a spoiler question
How much money does he win at the end? I was counting but then I lost count because I was paying attention to the movie.

. . . he won just over a million.

I thought it was 2m.

He had a 2 team parlay

KG points + rebounds (over 27) and Celtics win

So (2 team parlay) 165,000 x 2.2 = 363,000 in winning. Total 528,000

Howard puts her on speakerphone and she reads the ticket over the phone before the game begins so that Arno can hear. It was to win 1 million, two hundred something thousand

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So let me get this straight since I just finished it.
they didn't kill him for fukking up the WHOLE movie, but they killed him when he finally got the money at the end? I guess the side piece made off good at the end then.

Also, this movie reminded me of why I can't stand to be around new yorkers too much. Talk too much, too loud, for too long, all while saying a bunch of nothing :russ:

Aintnobodystupid

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
man I can't wait to see this.

fukking gotta wait till next week.

Got to wait till next week :francis:

I just finished watching the screener. Download the torrent. This is not worth the money/ time seeing it in a theatre. Adam Sandlers acting was good but yeah, I want those 2 hours of my life back.

Daps
So let me get this straight since I just finished it.
they didn't kill him for fukking up the WHOLE movie, but they killed him when he finally got the money at the end? I guess the side piece made off good at the end then.

I think being locked in a 4x4 cell would be a breaking point for most goons. :skip:

I thought they showed Phil’s escalating anger throughout the movie pretty well. He was a goon who followed Arno’s orders, but was becoming increasingly upset with Howard’s repeated displays of disrespect. Arno gave Howard a lot more leeway than he would any other debtor because he was family (by law) and Phil lost respect for Arno with each pass. Phil went from pleading with Arno to let him teach Howard a lesson to roughing him up uncommanded on the street to finally just popping him at the end. I think Phil lost all respect for Arno when he just walked away after Howard refused to call ol girl to call off the bet. He went from hanging Howard the window to just walking away like a sad puppy. :scust:

Still, Phil was just gonna leave with them. Howard is a complete dumbass for holding them captive. Ol girl already had a huge head start. They couldn’t stop her from making the bet. All he had to do was tell her to go to a hotel off site and wait it out. Could’ve devised a plan to collect with more privacy to allude any goons (Arno may’ve called off the goons with the bet won anyways). But disrespecting a goon so thoroughly like that meant all bets were off :francis:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think being locked in a 4x4 cell would be a breaking point for most goons. :skip:

I thought they showed Phil’s escalating anger throughout the movie pretty well. He was a goon who followed Arno’s orders, but was becoming increasingly upset with Howard’s repeated displays of disrespect. Arno gave Howard a lot more leeway than he would any other debtor because he was family (by law) and Phil lost respect for Arno with each pass. Phil went from pleading with Arno to let him teach Howard a lesson to roughing him up uncommanded on the street to finally just popping him at the end. I think Phil lost all respect for Arno when he just walked away after Howard refused to call ol girl to call off the bet. He went from hanging Howard the window to just walking away like a sad puppy. :scust:

Still, Phil was just gonna leave with them. Howard is a complete dumbass for holding them captive. Ol girl already had a huge head start. They couldn’t stop her from making the bet. All he had to do was tell her to go to a hotel off site and wait it out. Could’ve devised a plan to collect with more privacy to allude any goons (Arno may’ve called off the goons with the bet won anyways). But disrespecting a goon so thoroughly like that meant all bets were off :francis:
Was re-watching some last nite and Howard was extremely disrespectful, his first bet on Garnett was a slap in the face and he tries to lie about it and he probably did take his kids to see Justin Timberlake and he probably got his pool resurfaced to. lol And you see how disrespectful he was to Arno at Passover. I think it is completely believable he had no intention of paying no matter what. Howard had 0 respect for Arno.

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Was re-watching some last nite and Howard was extremely disrespectful, his first bet on Garnett was a slap in the face and he tries to lie about it and he probably did take his kids to see Justin Timberlake and he probably got his pool resurfaced to. lol And you see how disrespectful he was to Arno at Passover. I think it is completely believable he had no intention of paying no matter what. Howard had 0 respect for Arno.

I can see both of these points.
I'm just saying, damn y'all couldn't get the money first (by force) then murder the dude? They got prints all over that store too. It was a sloppy crime all over that store.