Uncut Gems | Discussion Thread

Daps
Was re-watching some last nite and Howard was extremely disrespectful, his first bet on Garnett was a slap in the face and he tries to lie about it and he probably did take his kids to see Justin Timberlake and he probably got his pool resurfaced to. lol And you see how disrespectful he was to Arno at Passover. I think it is completely believable he had no intention of paying no matter what. Howard had 0 respect for Arno.

Howard DEFINITELY went to JT and had his pool resurfaced.

When Arno said it, I thought Howard probably did those things but then when they showed us that their wives were first cousins, I knew it was definite. Arno’s source was his wife. :laff:

Howard was a grade A scumbag, screwing everybody over that he dealt with. From Arno, to KG (pawned his Celtics ring), to Demany (squandered all of his watches, and would’ve screwed him out of the KG commission is KG didn’t take it off top), to his uncle (you just know he wasn’t gonna pay that auctioneer’s fee; probably wouldn’t have given him the net “profit” either without hounding) :mjlol:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Howard DEFINITELY went to JT and had his pool resurfaced.

When Arno said it, I thought Howard probably did those things but then when they showed us that their wives were first cousins, I knew it was definite. Arno’s source was his wife. :laff:

Howard was a grade A scumbag, screwing everybody over that he dealt with. From Arno, to KG (pawned his Celtics ring), to Demany (squandered all of his watches, and would’ve screwed him out of the KG commission is KG didn’t take it off top), to his uncle (you just know he wasn’t gonna pay that auctioneer’s fee; probably wouldn’t have given him the net “profit” either without hounding) :mjlol:
fukked over The Weekend's jeweler Flawless he pawned his Michael Jackson Jesus piece and told him he had it in the safe. :mjlol: Fukkin' Howard.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
:ohhh: never seen Adam Sandler in this kinda role. Might have to convince my girl to go see this. Might take some finessing since she likes that movie he did w Jennifer Aniston :youngsabo:
theres a reason to why Sandler was dropping all them goofy ass films.

he did a flik called "reign over me" with Don Cheadle that people ignored.
good ass movie.

he struck back

:troll:

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
theres a reason to why Sandler was dropping all them goofy ass films.

he did a flik called "reign over me" with Don Cheadle that people ignored.
good ass movie.

he struck back

:troll:
Props. Ima have to check that Riegn over me and the other movie the cats that directed this did. Found it on amazon prime :ahh:

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
The movie was aight and way too long.
It captured the experience of watching a NBA game though, KG should get support oscar nom.

The motivations of these people made no sense.
The girl and him, why is she so ride or die, he kicked her out of the apartment.
That goon, why shoot him? Doesn't he work for someone? It is not like he lent out the money.
Was his brother in law the goon boss?

Movie was too stereotypical (brehs using the n word way too much), but in a way somewhat realistic.
Remember Jacob the Jeweler, he used to sell shytty diamond pieces that were marked up to famous rappers in the 90s.

I hate New York Jews and how the run the diamond industry.
Diamond industry/jewelry is a fukken scam that they have on lock.

Movie is aight. Is that really Adam Sandlers teeth?
I can't take him seriously, especially that scene after he got punched in the face.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Ok film. I think it's a good movie but I'm underwhelmed at the moment because everyone is saying this movie is super fire. I think people are enjoying this film because it's different and feels original expecially now with all the comic book crap out there.

Adam sandler is not winning best actor.
He did a weird accent in the beginning of the movie when hes on the phone outside and dropped it the rest of the movie plus the scene where hes crying with the side chick towards the end :snoop:
This is Joaquin Phoenix year.

Sidebar: I'm noticing a trend with A24 films. They are doing great work at dropping fresh interesting out of the box films and I appreciate that but they aren't dropping great great films. I usually feel like theyre movies are ighht and cool but I dont get that feeling of nolan terantino scorcese Spielberg type films. The most memorable A24 film to me is ex machina and it was cool but that's about it. :yeshrug:

7 out of 10 to be generous

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Didn't A24 do "Moonlight"? And "Waves", just this month?

I had to check the song from the preview, which is Pray 4 Love, but I didn't recognize it at first, because I always skipped to the Weeknd's part, so i didn't have to hear Travis Scott.