How Far Do the Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coli reverse jinx in full effect. But seriously, we got too many guys that need the ball. These young guys want a bigger role and rightfully so. I hate to say it, but maybe we should trade Terry too get other guys more minutes and more shots. If we could get a good 3 and D guy who won't demand touches maybe that would be for the better. Guys are trying to appease each other and are not being aggressive. Kyrie is our leader and will get the most shots. But the rest of the guys trade from game to game on who will be the second and third guy. Our guys can't get into a rhythm and start pressing when they get the ball. For me it should be Kyrie and Tatum our primary scorers who get the most touches who the rest of the team play off of. I get so fukken pissed when I see a couple starters(Especially Tatum and Hayward) in the game with Baynes and Smart, and we're running our offense through Smart or posting up Baynes. Those are the times to run the offense through our scorers to get them going and attract double teams to get open looks for the role players. Baynes needs to just play defense, set picks, and crash the boards. But this doofus is shooting 3's with 15 seconds on the clock when we're down 20, and he's trying to thread the needle on backdoor passes like he's Bill Walton back in 77 or some shyt. Great win tonight, but this team has too many bad habits that it needs to fix.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kyrie obviously did his thing offensively, but this might have been the best defensive game I've seen him play for us so far. Was disruptive all night and made crucial stops late in the 4th/OT

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, I think Brad has a master in plan in that he wants to make the offense to suit Kyrie. You can obviously tell the offense they had last season in the playoffs is totally different

He's taking a chance by trying something new and possibly might cost us games, but maybe he feels this is the best possible way to win a championship

He could easily put Hayward on the bench and start Morris, and make the offense more team orientated, but he knows it the long run it would pan out to make Hayward and Kyrie up to speed and comfortable by playoff time

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Not really concerned I think Tatum/Brown will fuse with Kyrie/Hayward eventually; Brad has a plan

Yupp same thing I'm thinking. Brad is trying to create chemistry between Kyrie and Hayward with everyone else, and unfortunately doing it at the expense of winning games. But knows in the long run, that would be vital in the playoffs

I still think he should start Baynes and stop starting Al Horford at Center. Especially last night when you know Rudy Gobert was playing :mindblown:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The East just got a lot more interesting.

With that said, I don't think this affects us too much since we're still the team to beat in the East.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The 76ers are a poor 3-point-shooting team, and Butler has never been known as a 3-point gunner. And on the surface, the departures of floor-spacers such as Saric and Covington would seem to make this area even more of a weakness. But Covington and Saric, respectively, are just 35.9 and 35.1 percent 3-point shooters in their careers. In nine total games against the Celtics last season, Covington made just 13 of 49 threes.

Butler, meanwhile, has converted 34.1 percent of his shots from beyond the arc in his career, in line with the players for whom he was traded. But in 19 career games against the Celtics, he has made just 26.8 percent of his 3-pointers.

Lineups including Butler, Simmons, Embiid, and Markelle Fultz could struggle mightily from long range, though, not to mention the fact that all four are ball-dominant players. The Celtics already have the league’s top-ranked 3-point defense, allowing opponents to make just 30.5 percent of their tries from beyond the arc.

How the Jimmy Butler trade to the 76ers affects the Celtics and the East - The Boston Globe