How Far Do the Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
One reminder that might comfort some fans who are jittery about the 7-6 start. Two years ago the Celtics won 53 games and secured the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference. That year, they started . . . 7-6. And it actually got worse from there before it got better, as Boston was just 13-12 before storming to a 40-17 finish to close out the regular season. Struggles and successes are both magnified at the start of the season. Also, the fact that just two of Boston’s next 17 games come against teams with winning records will surely help.

It’s not time to panic, but everything isn’t peachy, and other thoughts on the Celtics - The Boston Globe

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Hayward needs to get his confidence back ASAP. I don't know what else Brad can do.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hayward needs to get his confidence back ASAP. I don't know what else Brad can do.
I think he'll be alright. He's getting a lot of good looks that just aren't falling. Hopefully when he gets more strength in his legs those shots will start falling. His defense is a little better than last month when he was a human turnstile.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I think he'll be alright. He's getting a lot of good looks that just aren't falling. Hopefully when he gets more strength in his legs those shots will start falling. His defense is a little better than last month when he was a human turnstile.

I remember one quote from a Celtics fan years ago when Micheal Finley was on the team. He said he sucks at defense so bad, he couldn't guard a statue :dead:

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
A Forbes piece :celticsmjLOL:

Should the team look into making moves? While it’s more likely now than it seemed at season’s start, it would be surprising for them to make any franchise-altering trades any time soon. While fans might look at the impending Washington Wizards fire sale and contemplate adding a Bradley Beal or John Wall to the mix, it’s hard to imagine how the team would finagle a deal for a major contract even if they wanted to. Marcus Smart might have their most tradeable contract given the salary cap, and he won’t be eligible to be traded until January 15.

Also, Boston isn’t just playing for this season. They see their current roster as the core of a team that can compete for the foreseeable future and won’t make any moves based solely on how they’re playing in the fall of 2018. It's more likely that they will first see whether get back on track now that they’re finally facing the softer stretch of their schedule. Tonight’s game against the 4-14 New York Knicks, for instance, should be just what the doctor ordered. Their seeding in the Eastern Conference standings circa November 21st isn’t as important as how the team looks come playoff time.

OK, The Boston Celtics Are Officially Struggling

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:francis: we are not a good basketball team right now. Offense continues to be a one on one struggle to get looks. There is no flow and our guys still have poor shot selection. Defensively we stink also. Getting pick and rolled to death. Teams are getting open jumpers or clear paths to the lane.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Time for Ainge to get off his ass and make a move. It's not gonna work with this team. We're 1/4 into this season and there's no chemistry whatsoever. It is what it is :manny:

If Brad is too soft to rein the team in and define roles, then Danny's gonna have to take matters into his own hand. Top of the list should be getting rid of Rozier. I'm 85% sure moving him will be addition by subtraction

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Time for Ainge to get off his ass and make a move. It's not gonna work with this team. We're 1/4 into this season and there's no chemistry whatsoever. It is what it is :manny:

Team is actually too talented for its own good. Too many guys that think they are superstars and no role players with defined roles.

Offense goes away from what brad built and is just everybody taking turns doing ISO’s

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Small ball lineup is getting it's ass kicked, especially when we have 2 small guards in the lineup with Horford at Center. The point of playing small is to play fast and score points, not fukken walk the ball up the court like the 94 knicks.

Rozier has been trash. Made JJ Barrea look like prime Kevin Johnson. I think Rozier needs to be shipped out. Hopefully we get value in return. I know he is insurance in case Kyrie goes down or walks in free agency, but he has been horrible. Teams keep running that high pick and roll with the Center and get any mismatch and shot they want. And if the opponent misses they just get the offensive board and score anyway. When we play Houston Cappela's gonna have Wilt Chamberlain numbers and the rest of the team will have 20 3's made. Dudes are getting beat off the dribble like crazy also. Offense still looks like shyt.
Brad needs to shorten the lineup
C Baynes, Theis, Horford some minutes, Williams
PF Horford, Morris
SF Tatum, Hayward
SG Brown, Hayward, some Smart
PG Irving, Smart

If we play with a bigger lineup and still don't improve then we are royally fukked.

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Rozier needs to be flipped. Hayward needs to come along but naturally that will take some time. Williams needs to be given/needs to earn more minutes at C. And Stevens needs to define the roles.

This is easily Stevens' biggest hurdle as an NBA coach in his young career.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
Rozier needs to be flipped. Hayward needs to come along but naturally that will take some time. Williams needs to be given/needs to earn more minutes at C. And Stevens needs to define the roles.

This is easily Stevens' biggest hurdle as an NBA coach in his young career.

Im actually not worried about Hayward, I’m encouraged by what I’ve seen... I don’t think it’s fair to judge him til after the all star break

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
I am tired of hearing we are the number one defense tho... if that’s true which based on the eye test I ain’t see it then that’s a reflection on how much the league has changed...

Still think having smart in the starting lineup is the move that needs to be made to give us the energy we are missing

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Kylie keep begging for a vet...Nah you wanted ya own team...LEAD EM.

Dude is nothing without Bron Bron. .500 ass nikka.