Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Regardless of how the rest of the season goes...I’m already thinking of the hot take threads and ESPN headlines as soon as they lose a game with Kyrie & Hayward :dead:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

“We have to be tougher,” Lue said. “I think they’re playing tougher than we are. We’re seeing that. They’re being physical. They’re gooning the game up, and we have to do the same thing. We have to be tougher mentally and physically.”

Tyronn Lue on Celtics: 'They're gooning the game up'

Looks like Bron's crybaby tendencies have rubbed off on Lue :celticsmjLOL:

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
I don't really follow college hoops much, so i need yall help. Who's realistically looking to be available when we're on the clock? I would love to get another big but idk who's out there

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps

Like the Sixers, the Celtics have the profile of a team that is going to be good for a long, long time. Unlike the Sixers, the Celtics are still in the playoffs, and, after Tuesday’s decisive, 107-94 Game 2 win, they’re not just containing LeBron James; they’re helping him pack his things. Like the Sixers, the Celtics have a host of supremely skilled young players (Jayson Tatum is 20, Jaylen Brown is 21, and restricted free-agent Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier are 24). Unlike the Sixers, the Celtics are guaranteed to add two more All-Stars to an already-loaded team when Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward return next season. Like the Sixers, the Celtics’ rebuild was faster and more successful than a lot of people predicted. Unlike the Sixers, the Celtics still have an embarrassment of assets and could have as many as four first-round draft picks in 2019. If the Sixers are in good shape, it would appear that the Celtics are in great shape. It feels a little like Chris Pratt standing next to Chris Hemsworth; Star-Lord looks pretty good without his shirt on until Thor does the same.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/5/16/17359184/sixers-celtics-nba-draft-lottery

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Simply put, Marcus Morris is a maniac. But in Boston, he’s our maniac, which makes it A-OK. It helps that Morris isn’t the only one on the Celtics roster who is a bit out there (it must have something with the name Marcus), but the six-year veteran is the right kind of crazy for this Celtics team, a squad that never quits and doesn’t back down from any fight. That is Morris in a nutshell. He’s the guy you love if he’s on your team, but love to hate if he’s wearing a different uniform. The kind of players the Cavaliers would love to have on their roster right now.

But he’s on the Celtics, and he’s making plays on both ends of the floor as Boston looks to complete their improbable run to the NBA Finals. Despite the 42 points from James on Tuesday, Morris continued to play solid defense on the NBA’s most gifted player. Even as James scored 21 points in the first quarter, tallying 25 by halftime, Morris wasn’t going to just roll over. As James piled up the points, Morris kept muscling the king into tough looks. The fact that he was making those baskets didn’t deter Morris.

Marcus Morris Is The Right Kind Of Wild For Boston Celtics