Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
what are the chances hayward gets traded for a stud 4?

Ainge ain't trading Hayward anytime soon at least. Hayward's gotta play a full season healthy and show that he can play at the level he was pre-injury. And it's gonna be very difficult to find teams willing to take on Hayward's contract. Finally, that shyt would be a PR disaster and wouldn't be good for optics.

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is it Fellas. No Love tonight and I expect Lebron to play a fukk ton of minutes and take 40 shots. I want to see him tired by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Make him work on offense and defense. Make him chase guys around picks. I wonder if Brad plays Semi tonight just to add another body to try and tire out Lebron defensively. Bad thing is when Semi's on the floor we are playing 4 against 5 on offense. I expect those commercial breaks to be a little longer today to give Lebron more rest. :sas2: ESPN is Lebron TV and they might lose their minds if they can't talk about him 24/7 for the next month.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is it Fellas. No Love tonight and I expect Lebron to play a fukk ton of minutes and take 40 shots. I want to see him tired by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Make him work on offense and defense. Make him chase guys around picks. I wonder if Brad plays Semi tonight just to add another body to try and tire out Lebron defensively. Bad thing is when Semi's on the floor we are playing 4 against 5 on offense. I expect those commercial breaks to be a little longer today to give Lebron more rest. :sas2: ESPN is Lebron TV and they might lose their minds if they can't talk about him 24/7 for the next month.

They'll still talk about him, they'll just shift to his free agency

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Respect to y’all on a good season and for never backing down.

I’ll pull for y’all as my second squad next year if you really knock us off.

Not yet though :lolbron:

Last edited:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjcry: this one hurts cuz it was a winnable game. You knew Lebron was gonna play all 48 minutes and you still don't push the pace. You don't always have to shoot the ball early in the shot clock, but if you push the pace and set up offense you tire the opponent out. Scary Terry giveth and Scary Terry taketh. I've said it before, Terry is a very streaky undersized 2 guard. He has a hard time recognizing mismatches on offense, and he overdribbles in the half court. We were doing so good in the 1st quarter in the pick and roll, but reverted back to iso hero ball the rest of the game. We died by the 3. Young guys need to learn that when your outside shot's not falling, you have to try and manufacture points by going inside or even getting the mid range game going. Whenever we played the Terry and Smart back court they got whatever shot they wanted. Our young guys need to learn we are not going to get superstar calls against a team with the leagues posterboy. And how many and 1 opportunities did the Cavs average a game? It seemed like they'd get 4-6 per game.

Smart is an energy guy, but he's such a liability in the half court offense when they double off him. You do not want that guy shooting 10 shots in an elimination game. His days here might be up. I would hate to lose him for nothing. I doubt we'd get a sign and trade for him. You would think that if we had Kyrie and Hayward his shot attempts would be low, but do you want to pay a guy 10-14 mil who is one dimensional? I'm excited to see what we do in the off season.

One guy I'm happy for is Jeff Green. Dude came back from heart surgery and played well against us. When he was on our team a lot of our fans shytted on him big time expecting him to be more than what he is.

I'm proud of our guys. We were not expected to do much after our injuries and we still battled. These youngsters need to learn how to do the little things to win games. They also need to understand that just because you got this far while being so young, you are not guaranteed this position every year and have to earn it.

Sorry for the long rant, but I needed to vent.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Horrible performance tonight but that doesn't change that this was the 2nd most fun season to watch in all the years I've been fan of this team.

My reaction heading into the offseason is night and day compared to what it was last year. I'm just so optimistic about the future, I'm so excited to see how this big 3 of Kyrie/Hayward/Tatum is gonna look next season

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Yo....

So seriously?

Imma need a few days after this.

So many players played SO DAMN BAD that I can’t even grasp it.

Terry went 0-10 from 3????

This is an inexcusable loss in my mind.

Love this team, hate this game. We should be in the finals and we shouldn’t give them a pass on that loss.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
Yo....

So seriously?

Imma need a few days after this.

So many players played SO DAMN BAD that I can’t even grasp it.

Terry went 0-10 from 3????

This is an inexcusable loss in my mind.

Love this team, hate this game. We should be in the finals and we shouldn’t give them a pass on that loss.

This is how I feel

Brown Morris Rozier and Smart were like 11 for 52

The lebron everybody is bowing down to did not win this game

The Celtics lost this game

Horford 17 points only 3 points in second half

Offseason will be fascinating I know Danny well enough to know nobody is untouchable

Wouldn’t be shocked to see this roster come back with very few moves

Or Danny goes all in and adds kawhi and Karl Anthony towns to kyrie

Hoping we give this roster a healthy shot at a championship

They have a limit on smart they won’t pass can’t imagine they’d go much past 15 million per year but they will put it out there that they’ll match anything so they can leverage an asset out of a sign and trade if another team overpays