Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been playing the draft simulator this morning and it keeps giving the Cavs a top 3 pick a bunch of times. It gave the Lakers pick to the Sixers as the number 1 pick a few times. And it gave us the number 2 pick like 3 out of 100 times.

If the Lakers get the first pick :to:
If we get the second pick :blessed:
If Cavs get a top 3 pick:scust:
If all the picks stay as is :ld:
If the Kings suck next year and they get the first pick:to:
If the Kings suck next year and we get a 2-5 pick :smugbiden:

Most fans are happy with what we have gotten with all these deals, but I'm greedy. I want every improbable scenario to favor us.

Raquinotj

#NBATwitter #NBAReddit #6ixRings #PatsNation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of champions BAWSTON
I've been playing the draft simulator this morning and it keeps giving the Cavs a top 3 pick a bunch of times. It gave the Lakers pick to the Sixers as the number 1 pick a few times. And it gave us the number 2 pick like 3 out of 100 times.

Most fans are happy with what we have gotten with all these deals, but I'm greedy. I want every improbable scenario to favor us.

Lots of time to spare breh :russ:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lots of time to spare breh :russ:
:pachaha: yeah. Plus, I think all the years we were bad in the 90's, and getting those nets picks recently conditioned me to really care about the lottery. I still remember the Tim Duncan lottery like it was yesterday. If those Sixers get the first pick then they become even with us for the next few years. And I just don't want the Cavs to get a top 3 pick cuz they get em all the time.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps

All I want is for the Celtics to draft a center. Thats on my christmas list

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps

There are interesting parallels between Boston and Golden State in terms of the matchup problems they cause. Defenses typically want as much length and athleticism on Steph Curry as possible, but cross-switching on defense forces point guards into a shooting alley where Klay Thompson, Kevin Durant, and Shaun Livingston take turns scoring over them. A lack of size on the perimeter killed New Orleans in its series against Golden State, and it could be an issue for Houston, whose best offensive lineups feature two smaller guards in Chris Paul and Eric Gordon.

Versatile teams thrive in transition—they can push the tempo and scramble matchups. It almost doesn’t matter where Tatum, Brown, Morris, or Smart end up on defense; on offense, all three can punish a mismatch, either by putting a slower defender on skates or exploiting a height difference. The Celtics effectively took Game 1 after a 25-2 run over a six-and-a-half-minute stretch in the first quarter, getting stops and running into open 3s. It was the type of run the Warriors have perfected over the past few seasons.

The idea should be to force Brad Stevens to play Horford and Aron Baynes together as much as possible. The two big men have a net rating of minus-4.6 in 128 minutes together in the playoffs, the second worst of any Boston pairing that has received over 100 minutes. Horford is more effective on offense when he has a speed edge at the 5 as opposed to a size edge at the 4, and Baynes is one of their only rotation players who doesn’t have to be guarded on the perimeter, even though he is shooting 9-of-19 from 3 in the postseason. The Celtics are just much less versatile on both sides of the ball with both in.

The Celtics Look an Awful Lot Like the Warriors