Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fire Ainge huh?

Last season was pretty awesome too

Not really. Lot of frustrating and unlikable players.

And also Ainge doesn’t need to be fired because he listened to me for once. Remember when I said during last year’s playoffs that I never wanted to see that core play another game together and he should overhaul the team in the offseason :mjgrin:

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
"We have a bunch of young guys on our team, but the way they are playing right now, they're playing like experienced veterans," Irving said. "I feel like, throughout the season, we've done a great job of helping one another, and now they've taken the team full-force and doing what they're doing. So I'm just nothing but proud of them, as well as Brad Stevens and the coaching staff."

"I'm in a great place. The first thing that comes to mind is just coming to the realization that the best time of the year is usually end of the season, going into the playoffs where you really start to develop that cohesion, your blood starts boiling a little bit because now this is the highest level of basketball and that's the playoffs,"
Irving said. "You have goals that you set and you always want to hit those goals, but when you're derailed and it goes in another direction based on some uncontrollable things, it's your best bet to just take a second to reflect and try to move forward as best as I can and show as much support as I can for my teammates and the best fans, the Boston fans.

"I just try to always just stayed involved, stay engaged as much as possible. Also having goals set for myself going into the summertime."

Kyrie: Celtics' youngsters playing like vets

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
“Just more was expected,” Tatum said of the larger role that was put on his shoulder since the start of the season. “It’s a bigger role with Kyrie (Irving) out for the season, (Daniel) Theis, (Marcus) Smart. Everybody, especially the young guys – me, Terry (Rozier), (Brown) knew we had to do more.”

So, about Ben Simmons
While the Philadelphia 76ers point guard is getting all the recognition and praise in the Rookie of the Year race, Jayson Tatum is making a case of his own.

As a player who has played every game this season, Tatum has more than proven that he can produce during important stretches of the game. With his 28 points on Monday night, he also showed he is not afraid of the playoff stage.

So, in going against Ben Simmons and having a career game, Tatum quietly displayed his claim as Rookie of the Year. He won’t admit it, but it had to be satisfying putting up that kind of performance with Simmons right there on the court.

“At this point I’m just focused on winning, not really matchups. Just win. It’s really a team thing right now,” Tatum said.

Boston Celtics: Jayson Tatum is putting NBA on notice

Daps
I've long felt Boston was very underrated, but I couldn't have foreseen this.

Boston may not have a superstar, but they have have quite a few versatile, talented players that are extremely well-coached.

If Boston and Utah end up in the Finals, Adam Silver gon' slit his wrist. :francis:

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That fukken frat boy McConnell almost turned the game around in the beginning of the 4th, but the Sixers coach made a great substitution by putting Simmons back in.:steviej:

Our medical staff really needs to monitor Jaylen, and Jaylen needs to be honest about his injury. Hamstring injuries are a pain in the ass and they linger for a long time.