Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
The Celtics have averaged 118.5 points in their four games/wins since reconvening from the All-Star hiatus, and while others have certainly made large contributions to the revival, Irving is driving this train.

“He’s very locked in,” said coach Brad Stevens. “I thought he went into the break hurting a little bit for how we played. I think that that was a feeling shared by all of us on how our team performed in the last few days leading up to the break. And I thought that he hopefully had time to relax and kind of get away for a minute.

“But clearly when we came back (last) Wednesday, we were ready to go. And he was as locked in as anybody.”

The guy he replaced was known as The King of the Fourth. But in the last two games, Irving has played so well in the first three quarters that he has been The Man of Leisure in the Fourth.

Bulpett: Kyrie Irving shows all the right moves in Celtics’ latest victory

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
“I’m on his bandwagon,” Cousy told Bill Doyle of the Worcester Telegram and Gazette. “He’s very impressive.”

“This guy, in my judgment, is even more effective taking it to the basket. There isn’t anyone in the league that I can see who takes it as effectively. Maybe (Russell) Westbrook, but not with the same panache and creativity. Westbrook kind of overwhelms, overpowers you with his physical game. This kid just gets it in there and gets by anybody who tries to guard him. He also sees the floor. I always thought (Isaiah) Thomas’s deficiency, one of them, was his passing game. This kid really can make the play, he sees the play, he knows what to do, and defensively he’s a force.”

Cousy co-signs so you know we came up. :GladBrad:

Bob Cousy labels Kyrie Irving best attacking point guard in basketball: 'I'm on his bandwagon' | CLNS Media

William F. Russell

Supporter
Daps
Celtics’ Tatum on track to break team record for rookie three-pointers: The successful rookie season of Jayson Tatum has been a silver lining amid the continued absence of Gordon Hayward. And Tatum’s prolific scoring ability from beyond the arc has been a staple of his game.

Shooting 43.5 percent from three-point range, Tatum is quickly closing on a Celtics rookie record:

Morning sports update: Jayson Tatum closing in on Celtics’ rookie record

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So on other Celtics forums fans call Brad Stevens "CBS". Does anyone know what "CBS" stands for?