Uncle Drew Playin With The Nephews By The 7/11: Official 2017-18 Boston Celtics Season Thread

How Far Do The Celtics Go This Season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even if they don't get Davis, Horford needs to go for a better defensive big. He's a great passer, but that's where it stops

That rookie has outplayed him defensively. shyt, even Greg Monroe is an upgrade. Monroe is a better scorer and rebounder

Stop it 5 :comeon:

e001

Superstar
Daps
I said this Monroe deal was a bad idea, we don't need another ball stopper, we needed a scoring SG to play alongside Kyrie for 22~25 minutes or so and an athletic paint protector like Dedmon.

DJ, Drummond, Whiteside and all these bigs are going to keep shytting on us.

Last edited:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Theis isn't outplaying Horford defensively? So Monroe ain't a better rebounder and scorer? :comeon:

Monroe's better in the post. Not better than Horford at anything else offensively. And he is legit one of the worst defensive players in the league. If you don't realize that by now, you will in due time

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Monroe's better in the post. Not better than Horford at anything else offensively. And he is legit one of the worst defensive players in the league. If you don't realize that by now, you will in due time

Horford is just as horrible in my opinion. They are both a wash defensively. It's like judging sewage vs trash

But I at least would rather play Monroe more since he's a better scorer in the post and can rebound wayyyy better. I can care less if a Center/PF shoots threes, like what Horford does. It means nothing to me IMO

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I said this Monroe deal was a bad idea, we don't need another ball stopper, we needed a scoring SG to play alongside Kyrie for 22~25 minutes or so and an athletic paint protector like Dedmon.

DJ, Drummond, Whiteside and all these bigs are going to keep shytting on us.

Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Monroe, but at least he gives them Inside scoring and rebounds. You're right, Dedmon would be great for the Celtics

Horford literally does nothing like a big man. No post presence on offense or defense, horrible rebounder, sub par pick and roll defense

My bad, I just really can't stand Horford :mjlol:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Brad says there’s gonna be some changes to the rotation after the break. So what’s it gonna be? Theis over Baynes? Morris over Tatum? Smart in the starting lineup? :lupe:

The 3 previous seasons we always played our best basketball after the ASB, hopefully that trend continues this year

Jutt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Brad says there’s gonna be some changes to the rotation after the break. So what’s it gonna be? Theis over Baynes? Morris over Tatum? Smart in the starting lineup? :lupe:

The 3 previous seasons we always played our best basketball after the ASB, hopefully that trend continues this year
Tatum had a pretty off game last night.
Morris balled out again.

We need a competent center in the worst way. I also thought Monroe played pretty well in his small piece of action.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Tatum had a pretty off game last night.
Morris balled out again.

We need a competent center in the worst way. I also thought Monroe played pretty well in his small piece of action.

Yupp I agree. Monroe needs to start. Morris needs to start also

And Horford needs to never play the 5 position again

William Heavy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Defensively this team has been terrible the past few weeks. Guys getting beat of the dribble, can't stop pick and rolls, open three pointers, ticky tack and one fouls. Offensively we suck also. Too much isolation hero ball by everyone. Only guy that gets a pass to go one on one is Kyrie, but sometimes he gets cute and turns the ball over or shoots a damn near half court three. I don't want to see any plays ran for Baynes, no more long jumpers or 1950's running hooks. Jaylen needs to stop with the trying to go coast to coast when he gets rebounds. Please give the ball to guys who can actually dribble. Tatum needs to stop turning the ball over and looking for the refs to bail him out. I thought we had something in Terry but his defense has sucked and he doesn't get other guys involved on offense. Morris has been all around bad. Al looks shot. Semi looks lost. They should have let Monroe learn the our playbook before just trying to plug him in so soon. We needed this break badly.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolutely can't demote Tatum to the bench. Dude already looks like he's lost confidence out there. Gotta let him and Brown play through their mistakes and get back to form. We're playing the long game and unless we're getting back Anthony Davis, we gotta take care of/develop those guys as much as possible.

I also think Morris' style is best suited off the bench. It's obnoxious watching him iso and chuck up low percentage shots when we got Kyrie, Al, Tatum and Brown out there. Unless he's willing to play team ball, he has no business in the starting line up.

William F. Russell

11x Champion; 5x MVP; 1st Black Coach
Supporter
Daps
No regrets :takedat:

From the conversation featured in the above video:

Nichols: "You took a huge gamble this year. You changed pretty much everything about your life. Now that you are six, seven months in, how do you feel it's workout it?

Irving: "It's still a lot of newness, honestly, being with a totally different group of guys. It's an adjustment in itself. Individually and then trying to bridge that gap with our group and be my best self with our group, it's been awesome -- trying at times, but well worth it."

Nichols: Do you ever look around just in the morning when you wake up and think, 'I am so glad this worked out?'"

Irving: "I was actually talking to my best friend Alex about it. And I have moments with him where I'm like, 'Man, we're really somewhere else right now. Like, this is something different.' It was a big chance. And Babe Ruth said it: 'Swing big and you may not miss big. You may hit a home run.' I don't know. But seriously, I'm glad that I took a chance on what I wanted to do within my career."

Kyrie Irving: Move to Boston Celtics 'well worth it,' 'glad' I took a chance within my career