Uncharted Movie Gets A Facelift Update: Tom Holland to Star, Shawn Levy Directs

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Why a young Nathan though? :dahell:
I like Holland , but Young Drake makes zero sense. We got few scenes in game 4 of him young as opposed to countless hours of him as an adult?

That would almost be like a MGS with teenage snake :hhh:

Yeah I can't see cats being enthused to see a young Drake no matter how much they like the guy playing him. I could be wrong though but it seems like a tough task

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I guess they want something to separate it from looking like an automatic Indiana Jones clone if they start with Nate as an established treasure hunter?:patrice:

Either that or they are already getting cocky and planning so many sequels that they want a young actor who can stay on the franchise for a good ten years.:comeon:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Young Holland gonna burn himself out :dead:

It's like Margot Robbie signing up for all those films recently

They're trying that "The Rock" way of filming

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I like Holland , but Young Drake makes zero sense. We got few scenes in game 4 of him young as opposed to countless hours of him as an adult?

That would almost be like a MGS with teenage snake :hhh:

They are not talking about the young kid in the part 4 version of Drake, but the teenage Drake who was a young thief when he first met Sully in part 3 of the game.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
They are not talking about the young kid in the part 4 version of Drake, but the teenage Drake who was a young thief when he first met Sully in part 3 of the game.
Either way. I was gonna mention 3 in my post but I was vague on it.

I still stand by what I said

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Either way. I was gonna mention 3 in my post but I was vague on it.

I still stand by what I said

No matter which direction they go in, it will all depend on the strength of the script and the cohesiveness of the direction. This idea could turn out to be great, if there is a great story to go along with it. On the surface, it could come off as a more original story and not a copy cat Indiana Jones. If movie 1 is a success, then copying (somewhat) Indiana Jones thereafter wouldn't be so bad.

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
Either that or they are already getting cocky and planning so many sequels that they want a young actor who can stay on the franchise for a good ten years.:comeon:

Holland is a nobody, but is in all likelihood about to become a household name this summer. Problem is, Sony is splitting the Spiderman bread with Marvel. I’m 100% positive ever since the positive reaction to his turn in Civil War there has been an on-going “Figure out a franchise for Tom Holland” conversation. Remember back to the email hack,

Sony is OBSESSED with building their own billion-dollar, long running franchise and are throwing everything at the wall until one sticks. Jumanji, Equalizer, Goosebumps, Dark Tower, Sonic (yes, they’re making a Sonic the Hedgehog Movie), Barbie, more Spiderman movies, more Angry Birds, a He-Man Movie etc etc Sony is DESPERATE for a tentpole franchise to anchor their studio.

There basically ain’t an original script/non-reboot/film adaption/sequel coming out of that place for like the next 2-3 years. Undoubtedly, getting Holland (who is cheap and willing now but won’t be in two months) locked into another hail mary attempt has been their mission. I can’t imagine the type of pitches there were for all their IP’s before settling on Uncharted :heh: We probably got close to Tom Holland in Bad Boys Academy

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
This is a hard pass for me.

Holland is nothing like drake. Bad casting.

Where do you base this on? His 10 minute appearance in Civil War playing a completely different character from Nathan Drake? The many other roles you've surely seen him in? Just curious because outside of The Impossible (in which he was incredible) he doesn't exactly have a big filmography to judge him on.:jbhmm:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Where do you base this on? His 10 minute appearance in Civil War playing a completely different character from Nathan Drake? The many other roles you've surely seen him in? Just curious because outside of The Impossible (in which he was incredible) he doesn't exactly have a big filmography to judge him on.:jbhmm:
Based on anything I've seen him in. His face,his body type,his voice.

I just don't see drake AT ALL.

I would have taken chris pratt to be honest but pratt turned it down.

He doesn't suit drake as we know him and frankly seeing a younger drake like there planning I have little interest in.