Uncharted Movie Gets A Facelift Update: Tom Holland to Star, Shawn Levy Directs

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
You won’t be seeing the Uncharted movie in theaters next June

Unless Sony Pictures can pull a magical rabbit out of its hat. And that’s very unlikely.

drakesad-600x337.jpg

According to Comingsoon.net (thanks, Gamespot), Sony has removed the Uncharted film from its release calendar.

We won’t bother trying to feign surprise over the news, as the project has seen directors and writers come and go since it was announced.

The film was also supposed to start production in 2015 and arrive in theaters during June 2016. Then it was pushed to June 2017. Now, who knows.

The project has been in the works for a while with director David. O. Russell first pegged as director before he backed out.

A report from November 2014 stated The Hurt Locker’s Mark Boal had been brought in to provide a “three-week production polish” with Safe House writer David Guggenheim in charge of the script. Last month it was announced that Joe Carnahan (Narc, Bad Boys 3, The Grey) had been hired as screenwriter.

Yesterday, Carnaham tweeted that the opening scene for Uncharted “at least in script form, is really, REALLY GOOD.” So, that’s a bit of a relief.

If you want to keep up with all the changes which have taken place since the film was announced, you can check out these two stub pages on the film. Why do we have two? It’s due to tagging.

While news of the film being scraped off the schedule may be a bit disappointing for some, there’s no way the film would arrive in June 2017. But, as long as they get it right, that’s all that matters.

Please, please get it right.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I don't know whats the problem here. The games are Indiana Jones if it was written by Joss Whedon so its not a hard nut to crack.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
So it turns out they're going with Tom Holland as a young Nathan Drake

EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures is bullish enough on its upcoming Spider-Man Homecoming star Tom Holland that the studio is doubling down on the young actor by building a second major franchise around him. Holland is attaching to star in Uncharted, in what will be redrafted as a prequel to the treasure hunting action story line in the Naughty Dog video game for PlayStation. Shawn Levy is directing a film that will take its inspiration from a sequence in the third iteration of the video game that focused on the young thief Drake, and his first encounter with the professional rogue, Sullivan. This reformulation of the franchise was an inspiration of Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman after seeing the latest cut of the Spider-Man film, sources said. The studio has tried for years with various directors to get this video game to launch a franchise, with past scripts from Joe Carnahan, David Guggenheim and Eric Warren Singer. Sony Pictures will now set a new scribe to draft the story line that captures the protagonist as he grows into the treasure hunter Nathan Drake who made the game a top seller. Uncharted is produced by Charles Roven, Avi Arad, Alex Gartner and Ari Arad.

So two things, a young Nathan Drake, which strikes me as a weird choice that might work

and Rothman is happy with the new spider man:ohlawd:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think a prequel with young Drake may be the only way to do this that doesn't completely step into territory already covered. We got a taste of young indy but not a full movie and I never peeped the young indiana jones chronicles so maybe someone who has can speak on that

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'll pass. Sony already off to a bad start with the casting and the direction of the series. Has Resident Evils stench all over it.