UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Lol.

Uncharted 3 sold 9+ Million alone as an exclusive.

Dark Souls series across multiple platforms only sold 8.5 Million.

Games go gold a month before release usually.
Sony delayed it to have it a worldwide launch.

You ain't doing shyt, you're going to buy it day one and shut the fukk up like every one else.

How much did bloodborne sell?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna watch, but I better not hear anybody complaining about the game not having "surprises", and they went and watched 18 minutes of gameplay.

:stopitslime:
Lol. I generally think 18 minutes of a demo out of a 10+ hour campaign is nothing. ND has shown NOTHING compared to UC3, NOTHING. I remember everything from UC3 being shown damn near every month leading up to release to the point that they literally showed every big set piece at each event. UC4 they've shown practically nothing. With that said, I'm just checking out texts and gifs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:banderas:
They got the *player wandering off course dialogue* shyt down pat :banderas:

*Player Driving*

"Sam: Point is we have it pretty..."
*player wanders off*
"Nathan: "I'll be right back."
"Sam: Nathan?"
"Drake: Yeah, excuse me..."

*returns from spelunking*
"Drakie: Alright, let's go."
"Scully: Sam, what were you talking about?"
"Sam: eeh.. oh right! Point is we have it pretty easy. ...".

GTA V kind of did this but it felt more like
*If car slams into something, have NPC react and then unnaturally repeat line from beginning*

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Not gonna watch, but I better not hear anybody complaining about the game not having "surprises", and they went and watched 18 minutes of gameplay.

:stopitslime:

:russ: Nothing spoilery like that in those 18 minutes, breh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1459765976-unch-2.gif

Olg0mlN.gif

The big new addition is being able to tag enemies by hitting the left stick while aiming. It’s a little awkward holding the left trigger and pressing the stick with one hand, but so far you’re mostly doing it at a distance from bad guys so I didn’t mind. The hand-to-hand combat feels smoother, less stuttery like in past versions. If you come into an enemy’s line of sight, he will notice with their marker turning yellow, then red. In a nice addition that, yes, does remind me of Metal Gear again, you can get them to stop searching if you just stay hidden for long enough. Throughout this sequence was also stealth, exploding a huge wall, and a sniper rifle. Everything feels great.

I shouldn't be speaking about this but embargoes were broken and I want to give you a better impression. Imagine that an enemy is alerted by a companion AI. There are multiple stages of being alert. He in yellow mode. Before they ever find you, the AI companion takes them out. A truly dynamic and tense experience.

The coolest thing about the new gameplay tools is that AI is dynamic both the enemy and companion in a really neat way that makes them feel human.

Ab0d3Ph.gif

*Sully I gotta go cancel this preorder lets go..*

Sounds like The Last Metal of Uncharted: 4 A Phantom Ends Us

Last edited:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Man I don't take no chances. I usually watch the launch trailer and an e3 trailer and that's it. Hate going into games and I already know how to play the shyt/know certain events are gonna happen.

I like going in raw :noah:

I get you. I'm not trying to spoil myself either. If they said they were showing story segments and set pieces I would have :whoa: I'm only watching for the gameplay mechanics.

I'm bout to go on media blackout though. I preordered the deluxe version off PSN. I ain't trying to sully (:steviej:) that.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I get you. I'm not trying to spoil myself either. If they said they were showing story segments and set pieces I would have :whoa: I'm only watching for the gameplay mechanics.

I'm bout to go on media blackout though. I preordered the deluxe version off PSN. I ain't trying to sully (:steviej:) that.

Just preordered mine from best buy. GCU :ahh:

hopefully they let me get it early, like usual

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Hands On: Uncharted 4 Is Bigger and Better Than Ever Before on PS4

It all sounds a bit Batmobile, doesn't it? Perhaps, but it brings a nice change of pace to the tried and tested Uncharted formula, which is necessary when a franchise reaches its fourth instalment. It's important to note that the Jeep is not half-baked, either – it's governed by its own impressive physics, and the muddy off-road nature of Madagascar means that it can get stuck in mud, spin out, and more. In other words: this is a fully-fleshed feature rather than a passing fancy, and Naughty Dog seems to have found a way to embed it into the main game in a manner that's additive rather than annoying.

Of course, the core gameplay blueprints haven't been ignored; the one firefight that we got to experience felt much more sandbox in nature. Drake can now hide in long grass, for example, and mark enemies, adding a bit more strategy to encounters. Metal Gear Solid-esque enemy alert indicators enable you to better stay undercover, but if you want to go guns blazing or use a mixture of espionage and action hero tactics, that's totally up to you. Mix in the grappling hook and inherent verticality that Nate's moveset enables, and you have lots of options in conflict.

Subscribe to Push Square on

It feels very fast and responsive, we must say. The control scheme – aside from the unorthodox mapping of reload to triangle – is very intuitive, and it seems built around the spontaneous nature of skirmishes that Uncharted executes so well. Low ammunition means that you'll constantly be discarding exhausted weapons, refreshing your arsenal on the fly and rolling to new points of cover in order to get the upper-hand against your aggressive foes. We didn't see as much of the combat as we'd like to, but enough to know that it feels good.

And that point applies to the demo as a whole, really: we sampled more than enough to feel encouraged ahead of the title's May launch, but it feels like Naughty Dog's keeping a lot close to its chest. The graphics, an element that we've glossed over, are as spectacular as you'd expect – but you'd always anticipate plenty of polish from a Naughty Dog game. No, it's the way that the studio's taking the series' staples and expanding upon them all over again that's most impressive here.

War may never change – but treasure hunting, it seems, does.
Click to expand...​

Uncharted 4 also offers some new tools to help you sneak past Nate's foes. You can mark targets as in a Battlefield game by holding L2 and pressing the left stick. And when you're hidden, each enemy has a stealth indicator above their head à la Assassin's Creed. The sand-colored icon slowly fills up as they train their eyes on you; it turns yellow if they think they've seen something, at which point they'll head over to investigate; and it turns orange once they've definitively spotted you. (You're free to turn off these features if you want, and they're disabled by default on the hardest difficulty, Crushing.)
Click to expand...​
unchartedleg27jp4p.gif

ClearSlipperyDunlin.gif

FlippantBrokenIrishdraughthorse.gif

Last edited: