UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The woman behind the series is gone friend and now its men friend so the game is going to be more serious, friend. Theres nothing campy about being a thief who shoots people in the head for artifacts. The thing i dont like about the beta is the fact people can be picked up. Is this the last of us or uncharted friends? Someone gets crushed with a grenade and they're just down and can be revived? NO, This is wrong. Take away downing. IF your shot youre finished.

Actually, Uncharted always had downing in the MP(in the coop adventure you can be downed and revived.) The downs along with the new roles and features add a more team oriented angle to the MP. Taking away downing would effectively create a domino effect where everything else wouldn't work right.

Edit: Uncharted is not a post apocalyptic shooter, no sense in it being all serious all the time. Not every game has to be some neckbeard blood curdling shotgun toting game with military esque characters. That shyt is so played out. I'm not trying to be crying all throughout Uncharted, friend.

Last edited:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Actually, Uncharted always had downing in the MP(in the coop adventure you can be downed and revived.) The downs along with the new roles and features add a more team oriented angle to the MP. Taking away downing would effectively create a domino effect where everything else wouldn't work right.
Down on grenade friend. :usure:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Down on grenade friend. :usure:
A grenade is a loadout item in UC4. Having a loadout item be able to kill in a game with downs wouldn't make sense especially with how easy it is to throw em. It would be OP as you'd basically start with a power weapon on deck.

In TLOU a grenade has to be crafted and thrown which is slower and more mechanical than UC. :yeshrug: You don't just "have" a grenade on you in TLOU. A grenade has to kill in TLOU seeing as how you play a bit before you get it. You don't "choose" to start with a grenade in TLOU.

Power weapons like a sniper or RPG should be a KO though. Other than that downs are implemented fine in here and add a nice sense of teamwork.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
A grenade is a loadout item in UC4. Having a loadout item be able to kill in a game with downs wouldn't make sense especially with how easy it is to throw em. It would be OP as you'd basically start with a power weapon on deck.

In TLOU a grenade has to be crafted and thrown which is slower and more mechanical than UC. :yeshrug: You don't just "have" a grenade on you in TLOU. A grenade has to kill in TLOU seeing as how you play a bit before you get it. You don't "choose" to start with a grenade in TLOU.

Power weapons like a sniper or RPG should be a KO though. Other than that downs are implemented fine in here and add a nice sense of teamwork.
No grenades should kill and so should head shots.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No grenades should kill and so should head shots.
Nah man, you can't differentiate between realism and a deliberate game design. Sounds like you'd rather play a military game, friend.

No seriously, the flow and pace of the MP would be too fast and COD like with headshots.

SP has headshots if you're wondering.
s4PIJk8.gif

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Well I'm having fun. Speak for yourself. There's plenty of other shooters where you can revel in your lust for blood and realism, friend.
Thats the consensus from the community. But ok if you want a campy experience maybe you should petition for that woman to come back and write the next uncharted, friend.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats the consensus from the community. But ok if you want a campy experience maybe you should petition for that woman to come back and write the next uncharted, friend.
Tales for your arse I take?? That's not true, at all.

Again, 1HK headshots aren't going to be here whether you like it or not friend. The game will be fine. There's always yet another Battlefield or FPS military game where you can get that blood lust satiated, friend. We don't need yet another generic, samey shooter.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah man, you can't differentiate between realism and a deliberate game design. Sounds like you'd rather play a military game, friend.

No seriously, the flow and pace of the MP would be too fast and COD like with headshots.

SP has headshots if you're wondering.
s4PIJk8.gif
Mp needs them as well. Leave downing for chest shots. Creates new dynamics of skill for the game. Nades help noobs geel good when they can toss a nade and get that magical ko.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Tales for your arse I take?? That's not true, at all.

Again, 1HK headshots aren't going to be here whether you like it or not friend. The game will be fine. There's always yet another Battlefield or FPS military game where you can get that blood lust satiated, friend. We don't need yet another generic, samey shooter.
So if i dont like American politics go back to africa friend. Please stop this line of logic. Its a legitimate grievance with a game thats trying to take itself seriously.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mp needs them as well. Leave downing for chest shots. Creates new dynamics of skill for the game. Nades help noobs geel good when they can toss a nade and get that magical ko.
I don't think you understand the implications what you're proposing would have on the entire game. It's not just a simple, "Oh headshots kill straight up problem solved." you're thinking. Headshots from weapons resulting in straight kills would break the balance. Weapons with faster ROF or better recoil would absolutely decimate and there'd be no point in the other classes/mechanics such as med packs, the cintamani stone etc. They'd effecitvely be useless. What IS compensated though for what you're talking about is headshots DO kill faster. If you shoot someone in the head with w/e gun you're using, they are downed faster. The damage is increased so you effectively "kill" faster so you are rewarded with better aim. A sniper downs an enemy straight to the head. The only thing that I can see being okay is a 1HK power weapon to the head like a shotgun or a sniper but they'd have to be higher priced.

As for grenades, play TLOU and then come back to this. You'll see what I'm talking about. You spawn with grenades in UC4, there's also a cooldown timer for when you throw one and you also have upgrades in game to increase grenade count, reduce cooldown timer and something else I forget. All this on top of being a straight kill? That'd be horribly unbalanced. In TLOU, grenades have to be crafted and are a choice and on top of that you gotta throw them with a slow animation so they SHOULD kill in that game. in Uncharted you're much faster and have more room and areas to climb.

There's actually more dynamics of skill in this in regards to using mystics/sidekicks properly, knowing what works where and when and working in tandem with your teammates. A good team will ALWAYS win against another team regardless of their loadouts.

Uncharted 3 had all that shyt you're talking about and it is regarded as a joke MP and horribly unbalanced. Hell, there was a perk that gave you instant exploding grenades :dead:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So if i dont like American politics go back to africa friend. Please stop this line of logic. Its a legitimate grievance with a game thats trying to take itself seriously.
Actually it's not. In all seriousness, the people who say this is a legitimate grievance don't play Uncharted MP like that so they try and bring the systems they're familar with in other games and think they should be done here. Again, I laid out why this wouldn't work in teh current iteration of the MP and how it actually is(damage is higher when you shoot at the head) so it's not all wacked out.

It's like when COD brehs try and think the damage model in that game should be the same in a game like Halo for example. This same type of logic is what ruined UC2 MP because they ended up raising weapon damage and ended up making the game a case of getting killed as soon as you're spotted. It's like saying, "Why aren't these X ray moves in Mortal Kombat not straight up KO's?"

That shyt effectively ruined the design of the game and flow. Trust me, I've been playing UC MP since 2010. I follow every iteration and know what works and doesn't work for their games. This is such a total step up from UC3. You don't have to like it breh.

As for the game taking itself more seriously, that's the SP. The MP is not as serious as the SP. Every MP game doesn't have to be super serious breh.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Actually it's not. In all seriousness, the people who say this is a legitimate grievance don't play Uncharted MP like that so they try and bring the systems they're familar with in other games and think they should be done here. Again, I laid out why this wouldn't work in teh current iteration of the MP and how it actually is(damage is higher when you shoot at the head) so it's not all wacked out.

It's like when COD brehs try and think the damage model in that game should be the same in a game like Halo for example. This same type of logic is what ruined UC2 MP because they ended up raising weapon damage and ended up making the game a case of getting killed as soon as you're spotted. It's like saying, "Why aren't these X ray moves in Mortal Kombat not straight up KO's?"

That shyt effectively ruined the design of the game and flow. Trust me, I've been playing UC MP since 2010. I follow every iteration and know what works and doesn't work for their games. This is such a total step up from UC3. You don't have to like it breh.

As for the game taking itself more seriously, that's the SP. The MP is not as serious as the SP. Every MP game doesn't have to be super serious breh.
Grenade kills have been in uncharted for some time now friend. If they arent going to add headshot kills i dont see why they would take away such a staple feature. Its silly. Maybe they just need to go back to sugar nades like the last of us

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Grenade kills have been in uncharted for some time now friend. If they arent going to add headshot kills i dont see why they would take away such a staple feature. Its silly. Maybe they just need to go back to sugar nades like the last of us
I know they have been in but the way they are now I don't think it'd work with a downing system at the same time. Little changes create big domino effects.
If anything, a classic playlist without downs and other things similar to UC2 would probably be fine but that's yet to be seen. Even map design is made around these systems. Idk, I don't find it a issue. There's much more ways to play the game now and much more play style variety so I'm open for change. Sugar nades in TLOU are too brutal man. You want executions too?? :merchant: You're scaring me breh.