UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Nope, only when running across a gap. There's no "jump" button which is why the "Can you do this in ____" talking point is stupid. Different games not going to have the same priorities.

#MGSV is not that good
:whoa::whoa::whoa:
Can you smoke cigarettes in UC4?
Can you listen to 20 minute cassette tapes in UC4?
Can you pet animals in UC4?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa::whoa::whoa:
Can you smoke cigarettes in UC4?
Can you listen to 20 minute cassette tapes in UC4?
Can you pet animals in UC4?
uc4-38-lemur.jpg

Son, the "Can you do this?" argument is dumb because every game will always have different priorities.

Trolling aside,

As a stealth game, MGSV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. No comparison

As an action game?? UC4 has the edge there, there's way more dynamic combat and shyt that you can do as a player and quite frankly, the feel of shooting imo is better in UC4.

MGSV doesn't feel strongly suited for straight up gun on gun action. That boss fight after you crash the helicopter and you gotta fight those skulls?? shyt felt horrible. The reticule, the armor, it just feels bad.

Can you do this in MGSV?
GIF4a4998.gif

:troll:

Can you do this in MGSV?
GIF43e90f.gif

ckka8AZ.gif

It's dumb.

Action in UC4>>>>MGSV

Haters be mad.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't expect 2 different games to have the same exact gameplay mechanics. And yes, while MGSV is a stealth game, it is also an action game. It excels in both categories. It's gameplay allows you the player to decide how you want to handle it. It turns into whatever you want it to be. If you want to kill everything, you can. If you want to sneak around and not kill anyone at all, you can...

Uncharted 4 is an action game with bootleg stealth elements. And the story is being propped up and I can't figure out why. I honestly think the game's presentation is why people are hyping the story. The story though... it's dumb as fukk.

MGSV AND UC4 SPOILERS in the tag
People were furious that you were playing through MGSV's story because of a big lie... but I'd say, the made up story by Sam to get Drake along for the ride for this game is even worse than that.
:laff:

So Drake knows this Kingpin name when Sam tells him how he got out of prison, buy he is oblivious to him dying in a shootout some months ago? :huh: That's like the shyt with El Chapo over the last year. Unless you lived under a rock, or had no access to the internet completely, you heard about El Chapo escaping from prison, you heard about him getting recaptured, you heard all of that. So I have to call a MASSIVE BULLshyt to Drake the GOAT historian (word to the young Nate flashback Chapters) not knowing that dude was dead when Sam came to him.

:umad:
And this is what the game's adventure was built on
:mjlol:

The thing is... @Fatboi1

You want it to be 1 way... but it's the other way.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't expect 2 different games to have the same exact gameplay mechanics. And yes, while MGSV is a stealth game, it is also an action game. It excels in both categories. It's gameplay allows you the player to decide how you want to handle it. It turns into whatever you want it to be. If you want to kill everything, you can. If you want to sneak around and not kill anyone at all, you can...
Stop moving goalposts. You not talking about "you can do what you want." Stick to the topic. Action in MGSV is not reaching UC4 levels at all. The combat encounters, the set pieces, the things you can do in combat on a purely action level>>>>>>>>>>MGSV.

You can "not kill" anyone in UC4 if you're good enough. Hell, there are enemy camps where you can completely skip in UC4.

Uncharted 4 is an action game with bootleg stealth elements. And the story is being propped up and I can't figure out why. I honestly think the game's presentation is why people are hyping the story. The story though... it's dumb as fukk.

People aren't propping up the story. The writing and presentation are.

Where you get that idea from?

People were furious that you were playing through MGSV's story because of a big lie... but I'd say, the made up story by Sam to get Drake along for the ride for this game is even worse than that.

So Drake knows this Kingpin name when Sam tells him how he got out of prison, buy he is oblivious to him dying in a shootout some months ago? :huh: That's like the shyt with El Chapo over the last year. Unless you lived under a rock, or had no access to the internet completely, you heard about El Chapo escaping from prison, you heard about him getting recaptured, you heard all of that. So I have to call a MASSIVE BULLshyt to Drake the GOAT historian (word to the young Nate flashback Chapters) not knowing that dude was dead when Sam came to him.

See, you didn't beat it so you don't even understand the whole "point" of the overarching story. It's not about "that".

Please, don't talk about "story" with the mess that was MGSV. Is that story even finished? It wasn't even finished breh. That's just funny. It's not even a debate. The story isn't even finished in MGSV.

The characters are a lifeless shell in MGSV. Ocelot?? This nikka went from a bad ass character in MGS to some right hand man guy just talking on a radio a few times on Motherbase.

The thing is... @Fatboi1

Oh really? I understand, you guys are complete stans for MGSV so of course nothing is "touching" it but in reality, MGSV was not praise for it's story or characters. You waste 40 hours in the game where the story doesn't even happen. Lots of shallow characters and cutscenes. The game was a big boss simulator. It barely had any real "MGS" moments. It was a complete mess story wise and pacing wise. A bunch of filler missions that just repeated objectives. Bold text and a mod status doesn't mean your posts have more weight breh :ufdup:

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps

And this is what the game's adventure was built on

The thing is... @Fatboi1

Uncharted stealth is trash. The game is difficult to respect as a stealth game because of how impossible it is damn near to do stealth runs on large crowds

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Stop moving goalposts. You not talking about "you can do what you want." Stick to the topic. Action in MGSV is not reaching UC4 levels at all. The combat encounters, the set pieces, the things you can do in combat on a purely action level>>>>>>>>>>MGSV.

You can "not kill" anyone in UC4 if you're good enough. Hell, there are enemy camps where you can completely skip in UC4.

People aren't propping up the story. The writing and presentation are.

Where you get that idea from?

See, you didn't beat it so you don't even understand the whole "point" of the overarching story. It's not about "that".

Please, don't talk about "story" with the mess that was MGSV. Is that story even finished? It wasn't even finished breh. That's just funny. It's not even a debate. The story isn't even finished in MGSV.

The characters are a lifeless shell in MGSV. Ocelot?? This nikka went from a bad ass character in MGS to some right hand man guy just talking on a radio a few times on Motherbase.

Oh really? I understand, you guys are complete stans for MGSV so of course nothing is "touching" it but in reality, MGSV was not praise for it's story or characters. You waste 40 hours in the game where the story doesn't even happen. Lots of shallow characters and cutscenes. The game was a big boss simulator. It barely had any real "MGS" moments. It was a complete mess story wise and pacing wise. A bunch of filler missions that just repeated objectives. Bold text and a mod status doesn't mean your posts have more weight breh :ufdup:
:yawn:

Set pieces are pretty, but it's all scripted. Something blows up, some floor falls through, and you jump and grab a ledge with your bare hands... Drake and NPC make joke about it afterwards.

All I know is, I could play MGSV single player and actually enjoy exploring the environment and running into various posts/encounters for hours. shyt was addicting... With UC4, it feels more like a chore, and I'm just waiting for the game to end.

:francis:

Pacing is just off in this game

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Uncharted stealth is trash. The game is difficult to respect as a stealth game because of how impossible it is damn near to do stealth runs on large crowds
Game wants you to be "strategic" but doesn't let you scout ahead at all or spot anyone

You basically going on throughout this shyt blind as fukk. nikkas talking about you can jump and swing around :gladbron: are playing on Casual difficulties. If you try any of that shyt in open sight on Crushing you are a dead man.

And you NEVER ever start on the highest point. There's always some sniper or some lookout dude who will be patrolling the entire map it seems like.... you can't even lure him from his post, nor can you take him out with a silenced weapon from a distance... just pray you can navigate through without anybody seeing you or get to the next checkpoint so the enemies reset.

:blessed:
Uncharted 4

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Game wants you to be "strategic" but doesn't let you scout ahead at all or spot anyone

You basically going on throughout this shyt blind as fukk. nikkas talking about you can jump and swing around :gladbron: are playing on Casual difficulties. If you try any of that shyt in open sight on Crushing you are a dead man.

And you NEVER ever start on the highest point. There's always some sniper or some lookout dude who will be patrolling the entire map it seems like.... you can't even lure him from his post, nor can you take him out with a silenced weapon from a distance... just pray you can navigate through without anybody seeing you or get to the next checkpoint so the enemies reset.

:blessed:
Uncharted 4
The game doesn't respect it's own stealth mechanics. I found u have to camp in rooms and just pull people around corners and bash their heads into a wall, but you have to let the enemy see a downed enemy so they go out of their normal patrol routes but yea you get spotted in this and have no fukking idea who saw you and it'll be someone wayyyyyyyyyyy off in the cut who saw your forehead.

Playing like them e3 trailers on Crushing is NOT HAPPENING

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:yawn:

Set pieces are pretty, but it's all scripted. Something blows up, some floor falls through, and you jump and grab a ledge with your bare hands... Drake and NPC make joke about it afterwards.
Critiquing a set piece for being a set piece which serves to move the location or story on is dumb. To answer that, not even the set pieces are all that scripted in here.

All I know is, I could play MGSV single player and actually enjoy exploring the environment and running into various posts/encounters for hours. shyt was addicting... With UC4, it feels more like a chore, and I'm just waiting for the game to end.
You biased as fukk breh. Talking about how fun MGSV was is not a rebuttal, I found that shyt boring and so did other people. You loved running around doing basically rehashed missions and attaching balloons to people/things?? Some people found it repetitive and shallow. That shyt was merely padding to lengthen the story.
:francis:

Pacing is just off in this game
That's subjective. The pacing served the narrative and some people enjoyed it. Saying it's off in this game but sayign the pacing is great in MGSV is just fanboy nonsense. That game drags around for so long without anything going on. Mission after mission of "find this guy who speaks Afrikaans" or "Get this vehicle" got tiring, especially for a series that had way more diverse objectives in the old game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But the game does let you spot people.... You playing it on the hardest difficulty where that is turned off so what are you saying? You purposely start the game on the hardest difficulty and then complain about something that's missing that is there. that's like if MGSV had a choice to play the first chatper with the second chapter modifiers first and then complaining about the lack of tools. Speaking of tools, how you gonna say that when Drake doesn't even have the same arsenal of tools which Snake is supposed to have?? UC isn't MGS.

. said:
Actually, you can do that but it depends on the encounter. not every encounter is the same so again these blanket statements are stupid. Can you do the same shyt on extreme modifiers that you did on the normal missions in MGSV? No.
. said:
Again, comparing games with different priorities and mechanics. Also this "you NEVER start on the highest point" is WRONG again. The chapter 10 fight for example starts you off in a big area where you can sneak around, take out the sniper, the two guards near the stairs and then you can climb up the tower and take out the sniper. Then from then on you can do how you want.

There's several ways you can start that encounter. Again talking about "silenced weapons". You just want to play MGSV. The game isn't meant to be a stealth game. You keep making these comparisons about "stealth" and sneaking around when that's not the whole point of combat. The level design serves to move you around and attack from different angles. It's meant to be dynamic, not "I'm gonna kill everyone quietly and take up snipers with a silencer".

Stop speaking about what you can and can't do when you purposefully crippled yourself on the hardest difficulty to prove some "elite" status. You biased as hell man. You basically went into this game wanting it to be MGSV with more set pieces. I'm done with this conversation, you MGS stans are something else. Just turn it off, put that beloved MGS disc in the PS4 and be :blessed:

:scust:

UC4>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGSV and that's that. Y'all can eat my shorts

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game doesn't respect it's own stealth mechanics. I found u have to camp in rooms and just pull people around corners and bash their heads into a wall, but you have to let the enemy see a downed enemy so they go out of their normal patrol routes but yea you get spotted in this and have no fukking idea who saw you and it'll be someone wayyyyyyyyyyy off in the cut who saw your forehead.

Playing like them e3 trailers on Crushing is NOT HAPPENING
Complain about a non stealth game being hard to 100% stealth on the hardest difficulty where the little stealth options are turned off brehs. :scust:

Likewise, one CAN complain about basically everything else in MGSV because the past MGS games had those well executed in spades(Great writing, deep characters, amazing moments that were memorable, varied gameplay objectives etc.)

You nikkas are DISGUSTING :scust:

Last edited: