UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Good for you.

I don't resonate with extracting soldiers by a balloon for 50 hours.

I don't resonate with military warfare and political messages in video games
. Those things boring.

I prefer character driven games with strong writing and presentation. MGSV didn't do that.

Sure the gameplay is nice but eventually gameplay will get stale, good writing and powerful messages don't get stale.

Thanks for proving my point. You dudes are dudebro gamers.
You didn't have to extract them.
As far as writing, Nate isn't doing anything Indiana Jones didn't do a million times before.
MGS as much as it is confusing and a complete mess, at least it had a lot of unique elements that not many other games have even bothered trying in respect to it's story.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You didn't have to extract them.
As far as writing, Nate isn't doing anything Indiana Jones didn't do a million times before.
MGS as much as it is confusing and a complete mess, at least it had a lot of unique elements that not many other games have even bothered trying in respect to it's story.
Yes you did. Plenty of missions where you HAD to capture someone. I'm not even talking about random enemies.

As for writing, *stuff*

:what:

Reread what you wrote. What does WRITING as in character WRITING has to do with "DOING" as in action?

MGS is complicated because the writer didn't have it all figured out. it's a bunch of stuff thrown to a wall. That's why there is a lot of inconsistencies.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:gurl::umad:
Its not that it was deep, it was the truth.
Which is becoming a sin to speak in this thread apparently.
No, it was just a dumb post that with confirmation bias has you cosigning because y'all all stans want to reinforce each other with this narrative.

What does a beautifully detailed world has to do with playing?? It's there because it's there. It's not a gameplay mechanic, it just looks nice, it gives the game on the screen something that feels like it has life to it.

Drawing comparisons to a graphical world asset and gameplay mechanics is just stupid as fukk.

You have to be a stan to bring up water when you can't even fukking swim in MGSV. nikkas talking about water and waves and you literally can't even interact with the water in MGSV. At least you can actually swim and shoot while in the water in UC4.

Talking about sliding is dumb yet you can actually slide and shoot enemies when appropriate.

Saying climbing is all graphics and looks yet you can pull enemies off ledges and can't in MGSV.

You know what, I'm done defending this game from you stans. You dudes got your mind made up already and are just dikk riding each other making dumb parallels and points to prop up your favorite game. :smh:

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
No, it was just a dumb post that with confirmation bias has you cosigning because y'all all stans want to reinforce each other with this narrative.

What does a beautifully detailed world has to do with playing?? It's there because it's there. It's not a gameplay mechanic, it just looks nice, it gives the game on the screen something that feels like it has life to it.

Drawing comparisons to a graphical world asset and gameplay mechanics is just stupid as fukk.

You have to be a stan to bring up water when you can't even fukking swim in MGSV. nikkas talking about water and waves and you literally can't even interact with the water in MGSV. At least you can actually swim and shoot while in the water in UC4.

You know what, I'm done defending this game from you stans. You dudes got your mind made up already and are just dikk riding each other making dumb parallels and points to prop up your favorite game. :smh:
When you're able to look passed a bouncing gas canister on the back of jeep, a swaying shoulder strap on an AK, or a cute spider man rope, and focus on the actual game play you'll begin to understand a few of the criticisms.
I think you're missing the point in a lot of these posts. I don't think anyone is calling the game trash. A few are saying its mediocre and thats OK. Everyone has their particular game they like. But you're kind of dismissing some valid point because UC4 looks pretty. Those things add to the overall quality of the game, sure, but they aren't the reason why people play the game.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you're able to look passed a bouncing gas canister on the back of jeep, a swaying shoulder strap on an AK, or a cute spider man rope, and focus on the actual game play you'll begin to understand a few of the criticisms.
I think you're missing the point in a lot of these posts. I don't think anyone is calling the game trash. I few are saying its mediocre and thats OK. Everyone has their particular game they like. But you're kind of dismissing some valid point because UC4 looks pretty. Those things add to the overall quality of the game, sure, but they are the reason why people play the game.
There is no point. This whole back and forth is nikkas just saying "Why can't I do these stealth things in UC4?" and or "Why is this quiet moment here for?? Why am I not shooting?" That's a subjective critique and not an actual objective flaw. Nothing you guys said are actual flaws but just bullshyt parallels of wanting one game to behave like another. Like I said, I'm done with this conversation. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but shytting up a thread about one game and constantly bringing up unrelated games and comparisons that don't make sense is stupid. Y'all just wanna see/hear what y'all wanna hear. I do NOT agree with any of the shyt y'all saying about the gameplay flaws because all it boils down to is "You know why can't I summon a helicopter to make a sandstorm and blind enemies?" point.

Conversation over.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yes you did. Plenty of missions where you HAD to capture someone. I'm not even talking about random enemies.

As for writing, *stuff*

:what:

Reread what you wrote. What does WRITING as in character WRITING has to do with "DOING" as in action?

MGS is complicated because the writer didn't have it all figured out. it's a bunch of stuff thrown to a wall. That's why there is a lot of inconsistencies.
They definitely made the MGS story up as they went along. Even for the die hard fans its a mess trying to keep up with and an even bigger mess trying to explain it to new comers to the series.
Fultoning enemies was corny and overused too. I would rather it had been used once, maybe twice MAX and in the right scenario. Maybe in extracting on very important enemy or ally when there seemed to be no other way to extract them.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
There is no point. This whole back and forth is nikkas just saying "Why can't I do these stealth things in UC4?" and or "Why is this quiet moment here for?? Why am I not shooting?" That's a subjective critique and not an actual objective flaw. Nothing you guys said are actual flaws but just bullshyt parallels of wanting one game to behave like another. Like I said, I'm done with this conversation.
Pointing out that one game does something better than another is not subjective.
The problem is you believe within your SOUL that uncharted executes everything that it did better than any other game before it.
I mean, you can't even ride a horse in Uncharted.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
They definitely made the MGS story up as they went along. Even for the die hard fans its a mess trying to keep up with and an even bigger mess trying to explain it to new comers to the series.
Fultoning enemies was corny and overused too. I would rather it had been used once, maybe twice MAX and in the right scenario. Maybe in extracting on very important enemy or ally when there seemed to be no other way to extract them.
Time was spent on things that should have went to even better gameplay, like boss battles. I really wouldn't have given 2 shyts about the ending or repetition if they had just made more epic bosses. Christ, how can they fukk that up and go hard for extracting and fobs.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pointing out that one game does something better than another is not subjective.
The problem is you believe within your SOUL that uncharted executes everything that it did better than any other game before it.
I mean, you can't even ride a horse in Uncharted.
It's still subjective. I already agreed that stealth in MGSV is unparalled. All the other shyt y'all nikkas is quiet on and moving goal posts. When I bring up everything else is "but but MGSV does this..." and other pointless back and forth. I get it, MGSV is the best thing since sliced bread to some of you nikkas. To some, MGSV is not that great and it's gameplay isn't the best thing ever for everyone and that's not coming from people who didn't play it or w/e.
Stop trying to label people who don't agree with y'all as stans or w/e.

I don't even get your last point. W/e man, y'all can continue y'all nitpicking and wanting one thing to be another. I'm done here.