UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gameplay is good but it's not better than MGSV :wow:

On Crushing, I'm not even sure if stealth is the best option. You can't really scout ahead, nor do you have the tools to be completely stealthy. I realized that getting to the next checkpoint is more effective than trying to go unnoticed. Once you reach the checkpoint the goons stop chasing you

:russ:

On hard, its a mix of combat and stealth, which is cool. I'm not 100% you can get through these areas with all stealth though. :patrice:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The
libertalia
chapter was :whoo:.

The second
young sam/young nate
chapter less so, but I can see its importance.

On chapter 17, going to finish it at the weekend. :blessed:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
So the stealth is broken, the puzzles are shyt, the platforming is automatic, and this game is still great to Yall?

:huhldup:
The stealth isn't broken, it just isn't on par with metal gear solid, which is widely regarded as a stealth game. The platforming is easy for the most part, just like it is in Tomb Raider so nothing major to complain about. Difference is the rope mechanic mixes things up a bit and can make some parts more fun than others, otherwise it's pretty much what anyone could expect from a platforming stand point. The graphics are great, the puzzles are alright, the gun play is better than before but again, I prefer the gun play in MGS. Could be my Stan goggles or could be the exact truth. Either the game is great, not perfect but what game is. My major complaints are the pacing of the game overall. The first 9 chapters were relatively slow. The sliding mechanic is overused and very corny. Drake slides down hills of rocks on his as if it were ice. It literally feels like Mario 64 sliding down hills on his butt.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The stealth isn't broken, it just isn't on par with metal gear solid, which is widely regarded as a stealth game. The platforming is easy for the most part, just like it is in Tomb Raider so nothing major to complain about. Difference is the rope mechanic mixes things up a bit and can make some parts more fun than others, otherwise it's pretty much what anyone could expect from a platforming stand point. The graphics are great, the puzzles are alright, the gun play is better than before but again, I prefer the gun play in MGS. Could be my Stan goggles or could be the exact truth. Either the game is great, not perfect but what game is. My major complaints are the pacing of the game overall. The first 9 chapters were relatively slow. The sliding mechanic is overused and very corny. Drake slides down hills of rocks on his as if it were ice. It literally feels like Mario 64 sliding down hills on his butt.

From what I've seen the stealth is pretty shyt. Not even as good as games that came out years ago. You crouch in the grass with your head still up where enemies can clearly see you, but stay "hidden". You can jump onto a ledge directly in front of an enemy, but as long as you are hanging they can't see you:mjlol:

No way to lure/alert one enemy without alerting them all.

No denying its a good game, but people like to pretend this stuff doesn't exist. Half of the game is basically on rails. 3 of the 4 major gameplay tenets are mediocre at best.

But people still like "9.5-10, amazing game :blessed:"

That shyt don't make sense to me :heh:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah I've maybe 5-6 small complaints, some of which you point out above. There are no major flaws in the game and it has numerous special moments, which is why it's a 9/10 easily.

I disagree with the pacing in the first half. Thought that was fine.