UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, it's confusing how this game was intended to be played. They have all these scenarios where you can sneak around, but in a lot of cases it's easier to just kill everybody
Well, y'all started it on Crushing where the enemy count is larger, enemies are much more aware and aggressive and have wider view cones. On moderate, stealth is much more viable. You can stealth on Crushing but it's harder since everything is amped up. Those wide areas don't automatically mean it's stealth time, it' just means you have more avenues to actually move around in and fight.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I mean, it's confusing how this game was intended to be played. They have all these scenarios where you can sneak around, but in a lot of cases it's easier to just kill everybody
I thought it would be more fun to just body everyone :ld:

afterlife2009

Superstar
Daps
it is, I lost myself when this nikka was trying to climb up on a cliff and I just kicked that nikka to his death :mjlol:
:dead:

once i saw you can swing with rope in the air to travel faster and kick people when they're down, i was like :leon:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished, give it a 8.5/10. Benchmark's been set for graphics, cinematography, level design and characterisation in console gaming, 'gameplay' was ok but overall a really good package
Could have done better than a fencing finale, sure a grandiose set piece would have been fitting
Sam, or someone else from the 'good' team (wife or Dake) should have died, everything working out is lame & cliché
Drake a lame for giving his brother so many chances
Sam solo DLC all but confirmed with that Sal dialogue
They raised one ugly crooked nose kid, epilogue unnecessary
Gotta say, by Ch 18 I wanted the game to end and it started to become a bit repetitive so 22 & an Ep ain't all that bad. Gotta decide between buying Ratchet & Clank, playing UC4's multiplayer or finally growing a pair and trying Bloodborne :hamster:
fukk bloodbourne, buy Dark Souls 3 instead :myman:

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Took me a minute to get used to judging these jumps correctly again :patrice:
Have me standing around in a ravine for 5 minutes like ain't no way in the world a normal man could navigate through here:why:
Then I remember I'm controlling Superman Drake:cape::heh:
Still can't jump further than superwoman Lara, some of the things she could jump were fukkng ridiculous lol

Last edited:

jadden

Superstar
Daps
Haven't played since Friday night, I'm about to start it up again

Still hype we found libertalia :blessed:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well, y'all started it on Crushing where the enemy count is larger, enemies are much more aware and aggressive and have wider view cones. On moderate, stealth is much more viable. You can stealth on Crushing but it's harder since everything is amped up. Those wide areas don't automatically mean it's stealth time, it' just means you have more avenues to actually move around in and fight.
So on the Hardest Difficulty it's better to just go guns blazing instead of strategically moving throughout the level.

Gotcha

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So on the Hardest Difficulty it's better to just go guns blazing instead of strategically moving throughout the level.

Gotcha
That's what you don't get, moving around the level strategically doesn't mean "stealth" only. You're conflating strategy and stealth as the same thing. You said yourself that you can't sit in cover and shoot everything in safety.

You gotta move around so that's the strategy. The game is Uncharted, not splinter cell. You can still utilize strategy that involves some sort of stealth versus running straight into enemies blind firing and drop kicking to victory which will get you killed in some parts of the game. Hell, every encounter is not even the same so you can't make a blanket statement like "it's better to go guns blazing" when that's not applicable to every encounter.

Even when you're detected, you can run away and temporarily hide, that's all strategy. In past Uncharted games, once they saw you, you pretty much had to hide behind over and pop and shoot till they stopped coming. In here, the area is so big that they'll flank you. I for example try to take out bigger guys with shotguns/snipers quietly and then go guns blazing with the regular dudes but that all involves some degree of mobility of which requires strategy. You're not standing there in full view just shooting everybody on some Resident Evil shyt.

you gotta mix it up. I'm not understanding what's the confusion here.

Strategy =/= Stealth.

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That's what you don't get, moving around the level strategically doesn't mean "stealth" only. You're conflating strategy and stealth as the same thing. You said yourself that you can't sit in cover and shoot everything in safety.

You gotta move around so that's the strategy. The game is Uncharted, not splinter cell. You can still utilize strategy that involves some sort of stealth versus running straight into enemies blind firing and drop kicking to victory.

Even when you're detected, you can run away and temporarily hide, that's all strategy. In past Uncharted games, once they saw you, you pretty much had to hide behind over and pop and shoot till they stopped coming. In here, the area is so big that they'll flank you. you gotta mix it up. I'm not understanding what's the confusion here.

Strategy =/= Stealth.
I get it, I really do. I'm just saying, I find it more effective to clear an area, and then engage the next wave of enemies in front of you. When you try to sneak through some of these sections, if you get spotted you getting flanked and swarmed on and it's over.

Just take out everybody in an area, that way nobody can come from behind you, fukk stealth basically.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Just finished it.

9aocv7.jpg

Lazarevic>>>>>Rafe

The sword fight was dope though.

Well, time to start the crushing play-though. :mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get it, I really do. I'm just saying, I find it more effective to clear an area, and then engage the next wave of enemies in front of you. When you try to sneak through some of these sections, if you get spotted you getting flanked and swarmed on and it's over.

Just take out everybody in an area, that way nobody can come from behind you, fukk stealth basically.
You see that's the difference because this game has differences on certain playthroughs. I've had some gameplay moments like in chapter 10 where reinforcements came in that truck as to where I tried that same segment again and I somehow was able to kill everybody without the truck coming. I don't know what triggers that truck to come in.