UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Nah I don't think you are hating on tomb raider.

It's clear that gameplay isn't the strength of the series, you pretty much admitted that in your first post. But you didn't like it when I repeated it back to you.
I don't know man. Besides Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5, I cant think of any games from this gen that I think have better gameplay than UC4. :yeshrug:

Doom might be another but I havent played it yet.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't know man. Besides Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Metal Gear Solid 5, I cant think of any games from this gen that I think have better gameplay than UC4. :yeshrug:

Doom might be another but I havent played it yet.
Dudes like to ONLY focus on Gameplay when UC is brought up acting like the game's critical reception isn't a sum of it's parts. It's like judging a album solely off the beats or club appeal. Everything together is what makes a certain sequence work.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
@Fatboi1 How you think Crystal Dynamics feeling right now. Probably playing with their notepads out like "Man, I wish we had 3-4 years to make our games and didn't have to put all this XP/open world bullshyt into them :wow: "

I wish UC4 came out sooner so they could see just how much better the linear approach is vs what they did for Rise. Probably too late now. Oh well, there's always Tomb Raider 4 (if we make it to that). :to:

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Stuff like tomb raider. The order. Quantum break, etc.
Bad choice of games cept TR QB n TO too short and offer nothing different. Steampunk was the theme of TO but they didnt mske the best of it, QTE was a bad design choice for what they used it on. OB wasn't the main selling point time control? What else does it have going for it? TR should stop trying to be uncharted so much get. Overall this isn't an uncharted thing why are most CoD knockoffs garbo? They have nothing going for them. Just like with GTA. Sleeping dogs has better combat then GTA but it isnt trying to be another version of it.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Dudes like to ONLY focus on Gameplay when UC is brought up acting like the game's critical reception isn't a sum of it's parts. It's like judging a album solely off the beats or club appeal. Everything together is what makes a certain sequence work.
Gameplay in what regards? A.I? Im lost and not trolling

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Bad choice of games cept TR QB n TO too short and offer nothing different. Steampunk was the theme of TO but they didnt mske the best of it, QTE was a bad design choice for what they used it on. OB wasn't the main selling point time control? What else does it have going for it? TR should stop trying to be uncharted so much get. Overall this isn't an uncharted thing why are most CoD knockoffs garbo? They have nothing going for them. Just like with GTA. Sleeping dogs has better combat then GTA but it isnt trying to be another version of it.
Uncharted offers "nothing different" from what I can gather.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gameplay in what regards? A.I? Im lost and not trolling
I'm talking past Uncharteds. UC4's gameplay is where it's at imo. I was always ready to get into a shootout because of how fun it was to move around and fight. No other action game really does it like UC4 while making it look good and cinematic. That jungle area in UC4 was amazing. I wish there were more of those sequences. The AI in UC4 was pretty good. They get more aggressive on higher difficulties and the way they react to gunshots was great.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 How you think Crystal Dynamics feeling right now. Probably playing with their notepads out like "Man, I wish we had 3-4 years to make our games and didn't have to put all this XP/open world bullshyt into them :wow: "

I wish UC4 came out sooner so they could see just how much better the linear approach is vs what they did for Rise. Probably too late now. Oh well, there's always Tomb Raider 4 (if we make it to that). :to:
They keep trying to 1up Uncharted but forget that it's not just about making bigger explosions or turning up the violence. UC4 seriously felt like a movie at times. The gameplay moments when they came were FUN. The polish to combat is just in another league compared to ROTR which imo was braindead and piss poor easy. Just aim an arrow and shoot at a brute. It looked janky and the set pieces felt like a caricature. Just shyt exploding while you hold up and then jump on zipline meanwhile UC4 had shyt happening which flowed perfectly. The set piece in UC4 where you in the jeep in Chapter 10 was :wow: I didn't even expect something like that. Even the lil shootout inside that building when they ambushed ya'll from the roofs was :wow:

Then chapter 11 was just crazy until the leadup to what I felt was the best set piece in gaming. The way the camera worked, the sound, the intensity, the detail. The sound when the truck hits the jeep and the camera just follows drake right up to the crash showing him laying there with the fire starting. That's quality shyt right there. Some people just don't get it. It's why they keep asking "what's so good about it?".

Not saying the game is perfect and has absolutely zero flaws but even the lil flaws I could think of for UC4 didn't mean much compared to the overall package.

Last edited:

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
I'm talking past Uncharteds. UC4's gameplay is where it's at imo. I was always ready to get into a shootout because of how fun it was to move around and fight. No other action game really does it like UC4 while making it look good and cinematic. That jungle area in UC4 was amazing. I wish there were more of those sequences. The AI in UC4 was pretty good. They get more aggressive on higher difficulties and the way they react to gunshots was great.

larry-david-staredown-o.gif

afWCtT5.jpg

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm on chapter I think 9 and man this is slow .. I'm getting bored as hell. I'm totally not engaged with the story right now. If I was to rate it right now 2-3 are much much better. But I'm sure it gets better

3 better ? :mjlol:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
That chapter 17 elevator gunfight, was a bit rough on Crushing.

But you know, Elite Gaming and all. :manny:

I've been waiting on you to get to chapter 17 and beyond on Crushing. It's some really difficult areas in the later chapters of the game. Them enemies aren't playing around