UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Game still clunky as shyt. :mjlol: fighting the controls it the hardest part about this game, when seconds matter.

This chaper 18 encounter on Crushing, is hilarious. The ai. must have fukkin bird vision.

Seem to be able to track you around the entire stage.....

Unless you go underwater. :troll:

I think we lost them. :mjlol:
if u need help holla at me through share play :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Seems like the same old stuff. Great graphics/presentation.

Meh, gameplay.

Why does uncharted get so much love, where other games that follow this formula fail? Serious question.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Seems like the same old stuff. Great graphics/presentation.

Meh, gameplay.

Why does uncharted get so much love, where other games that follow this formula fail? Serious question.
I don't know what UC4 you've been playing but "meh" gameplay is not a proper description at all. If anything, some people wanted even more combat as that's the most improved thing in this one. The main critiques some people have are long bouts where you're not actually fighting. Reading the critiques only in this thread will have you thinking this some crappy game with good graphics.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never played it. Just going by impressions.

I know I won't get a straight answer out of you though:comeon:
What can I tell you, the gunplay is straight. :yeshrug: If this game was just graphics and presentation, The Order 1886 would also have a 93 on Metacritic. Chapter 4 in UC4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> most other games and yet you technically didn't do much but browse around. If You wanted to rate a game based strictly off of combat mechanics and moment to moment action UC4 is not the best game out right now.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
What can I tell you, the gunplay is straight. :yeshrug: If this game was just graphics and presentation, The Order 1886 would also have a 93 on Metacritic.
Well that's what I'm asking. Gunplay was straigh in the order too.

So what makes uncharted games so much better than those who try to follow the formula?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

So what makes uncharted games so much better than those who try to follow the formula?
Idk nikka. Play the game. Nothing I'd say would suddenly convince you of Uncharted if you wasn't a fan in the first place. Other games just don't do it like UC does.

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps

Let's be real here, for starters, the only series that could even hope to compete is Tomb Raider and that Star Wars game Visceral Games is making. Whatever other games you're talking about probably aren't worth mentioning.

But if we pit Rise of the Tomb Raider against Uncharted 4, Uncharted 4 completely wrecks it. Tomb Raider 2013 stands a slightly better chance because it's a more focused game than Rise, but again, it ain't seeing Uncharted 4. Literally the only things in TR2013 I prefer are

- the feel of Lara's movement and jumping. (Uncharted's climbing and rope swing are much better now)
- the feel of pistol/shotgun/shotgun and of landing headshots.
- environmental puzzles (not really UC4's focus though)

If we're talking big picture, UC4 is so far ahead in terms of
- level design
- action sequences
- storytelling
- dialogue
- graphics
- character performances

And I say this as a huge Crystal Dynamics fan. :yeshrug: