UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Let's be real here, for starters, the only series that could even hope to compete is Tomb Raider and that Star Wars game Visceral Games is making. Whatever other games you're talking about probably aren't worth mentioning.

But if we pit Rise of the Tomb Raider against Uncharted 4, Uncharted 4 completely wrecks it. Tomb Raider 2013 stands a slightly better chance because it's a more focused game than Rise, but again, it ain't seeing Uncharted 4. Literally the only things in TR2013 I prefer are

- the feel of Lara's movement and jumping. (Uncharted's climbing and rope swing are much better now)
- the feel of pistol/shotgun/shotgun and of landing headshots.
- environmental puzzles (not really UC4's focus though)

If we're talking big picture, UC4 is so far ahead in terms of
- level design
- action sequences
- storytelling
- dialogue
- graphics
- character performances

And I say this as a huge Crystal Dynamics fan. :yeshrug:
So the presentation is so far and away better than other games that the shortcomings in gameplay don't matter?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So the presentation is so far and away better than other games that the shortcomings in gameplay don't matter?
This gameplay argument you keep propping up is dumb because for starters, you haven't even played it. What someone else may be annoyed at(doing a lot of puzzles, climbing, traversal etc.) someone else may love. A lot of people complained about waves of enemies in UC2-3, as a matter of fact YOU did too. :stopitslime:

Now even then, comparing the gameplay of these games against UC4, UC4 is still stronger in that department. Going from combat to stealth, to quickly dropping on top of an enemy, grabbing a shooty, swining on a rope, blasting someone, shooting a barrel etc in fluid back to back moments isn't something those other games excel at.

You can't flow like that in QB or TR. UC has the action gameplay sequences locked down. People wanted more of these moments in UC4. They're there, but there's lots of "slow' moments too which some people love and some don't.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
What shortcomings in gameplay? What games are you putting up against UC4? I see Witcher 3 get brought up constantly as the best game of the gen and Uncharted 4 MURDERS that game in terms of game mechanics, level design, animation and character performances. I wouldn't play UC4 if it played like the Witcher 3 lmao.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This gameplay argument you keep propping up is dumb because for starters, you haven't even played it. What someone else may be annoyed at(doing a lot of puzzles, climbing, traversal etc.) someone else may love. A lot of people complained about waves of enemies in UC2-3, as a matter of fact YOU did too. :stopitslime:

Now even then, comparing the gameplay of these games against UC4, UC4 is still stronger in that department. Going from combat to stealth, to quickly dropping on top of an enemy, grabbing a shooty, swining on a rope, blasting someone, shooting a barrel etc in fluid back to back moments isn't something those other games excel at.

You can't flow like that in QB or TR. UC has the action gameplay sequences locked down. People wanted more of these moments in UC4. They're there, but there's lots of "slow' moments too which some people love and some don't.

You too emotional breh.:smh:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
From your own list it was gameplay stuff you preferred with tomb raider and presentation stuff you preferred with uncharted.
It was a few specific things about TR that I prefer

Uncharted 4 beats TR at

- Level design
- action sequences
- combat encounters
- climbing/rope mechanics
- melee combat

Also not to mention UC4 isnt bogged down with weapon upgrade bullshyt and character leveling like TR is.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Seems like the same old stuff. Great graphics/presentation.

Meh, gameplay.

Why does uncharted get so much love, where other games that follow this formula fail? Serious question.
You are a Xbot so I predict you will start praising Tomb Raider if you havent already.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It was a few specific things about TR that I prefer

Uncharted 4 beats TR at

- Level design
- action sequences
- combat encounters
- climbing/rope mechanics
- melee combat
Seems you just came up with this stuff after the fact.

Your og list was what first came to your mind.

You already said the movement was better in tomb raider, now you are saying the climbing/rope is better in uncharted.:stopitslime:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Seems you just came up with this stuff after the fact.

Your og list was what first came to your mind.

You already said the movement was better in tomb raider, now you are saying the climbing/rope is better in uncharted.:stopitslime:
bruh come on, my post covered that shyt too :francis:

- the feel of Lara's movement and jumping. (Uncharted's climbing and rope swing are much better now)
- the feel of pistol/shotgun/shotgun and of landing headshots.
- environmental puzzles (not really UC4's focus though)

If we're talking big picture, UC4 is so far ahead in terms of
- level design
- action sequences

- storytelling
- dialogue
- graphics
- character performances

I'm not even hating on TR either. Ask @Fatboi1 , I would be in the TR vs UC threads saying TR2013 >>>>> UC1/2/3 overall, and I still believe that to be true. UC4 just took it to another level though and Rise was a step back. :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
uncharted4_athiefsend5xj7h.png

T3Ver7.png

26373476074_2e82a3222d_o.png

26978922605_d7f72ea85b_o.png

Some of these look like paintings :wow:

bendools9.gif

Look at him straining
ANE260k.gif

u4animvsuy0.gif

It's these little details that make people go "wow these graphics are crazy!"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
bruh come on, my post covered that shyt too :francis:

I'm not even hating on TR either. Ask @Fatboi1 , I would be in the TR vs UC threads saying TR2013 >>>>> UC1/2/3 overall, and I still believe that to be true. UC4 just took it to another level though and Rise was a step back. :yeshrug:
Nah I don't think you are hating on tomb raider.

It's clear that gameplay isn't the strength of the series, you pretty much admitted that in your first post. But you didn't like it when I repeated it back to you.