UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bullet time :wow:

GIF43e90f.gif

asdasd57e83.gif

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'd rather see their daughter be the main protagonist in a future game than Sam. fukk that lying ass nikka. Wish he had died :pacspit:

I have the complete opposite thoughts about Sam. I liked his character, and I thought the lie was necessary so he can finish what him & Nate started together :manny:

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I aint even mad about that sista kicking my ass.

She came in and did her thing and escaped which way better than how white media usually treats its black characters.

They even made sure the Moor they showed in the Puzzle had dark skin. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
first three chapters have been :scusthov:

very slow paced, lots of punching and running, and not fun AT ALL.

i know they have to build the story, but uncharted 2 started off with a bang. this game looks to be on par with uncharted 3.

or maybe better games have come out since then and making this game so far complete crap.

also, not that much impressed by the graphics either. way too colorful IMO

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You guys want no puzzle, 100% percent action all the time and the graphics are way too colorful :mjlol:
these dudes will love ROTR. Lots of shooting and action with piss poor gunplay, non existent story teling, crappy writing and "You've unlocked scope for your AK!" messages popping up all the time. Dudebro ass Gamers:scust:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
first three chapters have been :scusthov:

very slow paced, lots of punching and running, and not fun AT ALL.

i know they have to build the story, but uncharted 2 started off with a bang. this game looks to be on par with uncharted 3.

or maybe better games have come out since then and making this game so far complete crap.

also, not that much impressed by the graphics either. way too colorful IMO

full

Last edited:

BooksnCookies

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MaizenBlue
I just finished Uncharted 4 and tbh, the game was great. I haven't played 1-3 as I've been out of gaming for a min....but I had fun. Graphics were really great and I enjoyed the storytelling aspect. Kinda reminds of me Metroid or LOZ in that, you can kinda explore the world and everything isn't so regulated. I think I'm going to pick up the other games just to compare but I really enjoyed this one.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm on Chapter 12 right now, and the pacing has been up and down. I think that's where the complaints are coming from.

I feel like I'm taking my time and still missing stuff. I do not like how the exploration works in this game. There are multiple paths at times, some leading to treasures/journals/hidden conversations etc and others that are the "right" way the game needs you to go in order to start the next checkpoint. Once you pass that, there's no going back to check out that path you stumbled on. So you can take your time, and say, I'm going to really look for stuff, and still miss shyt. On top of that, there is really nothing outside of a shining light that indicates where treasures are. It's always been like this in Uncharted, but if they wanted to take it there with this game (which feels like more emphasis on exploring and puzzles than any of the previous games) then bring some innovation to the table.

I'm all for the platforming and exploring stuff, but what advances to the gameplay are we seeing here? You essentially just doing the same stuff you've always done in this series. Look for an obvious ledge/rock to cling to, rinse and repeat. There is no real tension when platforming in this game... no mechanic that challenges you not to miss a jump, so it can became repetitive and boring... and it doesn't help that you can find some shyt to climb to or go to, and then there's nothing even there to discover. For Naughty Dog to put much more of an emphasis on this type of gameplay, it would have been cool to see them add some new elements that we haven't seen in here before. Maybe a map with clues for the treasures, not saying they have to give up locations to a T, but something creative that exploring players can leverage outside of scathing through maps on their own.

The gunplay is much improved however. And the combat engagements are nice... forcing you to move instead of just hug cover and take everybody out. You really have to be active in this. It's just that right when things pick up, they slow back down. Just probably spent an hour on Chapter 11 moving around, looking for stuff, didn't shoot one person... but only found 4 out of 13 treasures. The "climax" of the chapter was solving a puzzle at the end of it. When the map loaded up I said to myself, "I'm sure there's a lot of shyt to find here", but after looking around and trying, only to find a few things you get tired of it and just want to progress to the next checkpoint. And this Chapter comes after an intense high speed chase scene. :smh:

It's a really polished game and it's the gameplay we've come to expect. But I see where the pacing complaints are coming from. Especially when 1 aspect of the game (combat/shooting) is far more fun than the others (platforming/exploring). If platforming was more dynamic an just as thrilling as the combat scenarios you encounter then nobody would have a problem with doing it so much.

Just my take for now... as I said I'm only on Chapter 12.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm about to start UC2 over to see if my opinion of it still stands.

Edit:
Nope. Reached chapter 2, the museum heist and turned it off. I've had enough of UC2.

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
People complaining about there not being enough gunplay should just play on crushing. I played only on hard but after I finally finished a shootout/battle I'd actually need a break from it and would look forward to puzzles.

Playing on scrub difficulties and finishing the shootouts in like 5 mins without having to strategize and plan your moves will obviously make you feel there isn't enough of them.

I felt like it was the perfect balance once I hit chapter 8. And the last few battles of the game were oh so frustrating.

Story was amazing, graphics were amazing, the atmosphere was amazing, but the gameplay was just good. Many times Nate wouldn't respond how I wanted him to respond and it would get slightly frustrating. Definitely a step below TLOU and I'd say two steps below MGSV for best of the gen.

One of the big takeaways is that this game is TLOU's mechanics with an uncharted skin on top of it. I'm not mad at that, because I loved TLOU, but it should've been a little more different. Yeah it had the puzzles and the platforming, but that was to be expected.

A step below TLOU, but overall another amazing game by ND and they really are the kings of this shyt ATM :manny:

9.5/10