UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End [The Await Is Over: King Drake sliding into our hearts]

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
outside the graphics which are great i was gonna say what these previous posts said...if i feel like all i been doin is climbin shyt for 16 chapters watchin a movie and gettin my ass beat by this fake brolic black chick...there's hardly any action....glad i wasnt trippin yall def hyped this game up
It's typical Unchartered for me (i.e style over substance) but for once I'm not mad at it cos it's peaking on style points, GOAT tier even. Gameplay is and always has been mediocre to good imo. Overall a good package and I can't wait to finish it (Chapter 18) to try the cell shade mode.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
It's typical Unchartered for me (i.e style over substance) but for once I'm not mad at it cos it's peaking on style points, GOAT tier even. Gameplay is and always has been mediocre to good imo. Overall a good package and I can't wait to finish it (Chapter 18) to try the cell shade mode.
nah bro if i can remember U2 had more action than this even 3...man fukk all this graphics shyt even tho they are great...doom and Gears 4 Campaign probably gonna smoke this shyt when it comes to action...shyt even the last tomb raider game had more action...

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
nah bro if i can remember U2 had more action than this even 3...man fukk all this graphics shyt even tho they are great...doom and Gears 4 Campaign probably gonna smoke this shyt when it comes to action...shyt even the last tomb raider game had more action...
I've only played UC3 and found it a total snoozefest. The last Tomb Raider was fire, damn near perfect. That timed exclusive can't end soon enough. I'm on Chapter 18 and overall would give this shyt a 8. Graphics 10, Story/Setting 10, when it gets going (the E3 car chase, the Liberteria escape) the gameplay is phenomenal but for the most part climbing walls and solving puzzles aren't my thing. I tried to play UC2 recently but the controls felt so clunky being so old, might give it another chance.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Up to chapter 10 and I think they OD'd on the platforming...there has been a significant lack of set plays. The puzzles been piffery and the areas/aesthetics/environments have been goat tier. The scottish mountains were just :wow:

Actually i'm changing my stance mid post, i think they got the right balance so far except there being a drought of enemies at some point cos i just remembered the boat intro, the prison fight and both prison escapes and the escape from the scottish cathedral....

Nah nah this game has been worth it so far

chemicalsword

winter is coming
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Starkset...
I swear people literally want nothing but 20 hours of action and set pieces.

I'm on chapter 14 and they've got the mix between action, platforming and puzzles perfect.

this
but whats funny to me dudes on here doing more posting than playing. Giving play by play accounts of what they don't like after ever encounter. This nikka revy been on single digit chapters for 3 days and got like 40% of the posts in this thread :mindblown:

go play and soak this joint in...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
this
but whats funny to me dudes on here doing more posting than playing. Giving play by play accounts of what they don't like after ever encounter. This nikka revy been on single digit chapters for 3 days and got like 40% of the posts in this thread :mindblown:

go play and soak this joint in...
:russ: that's cause I was trolling @Fatboi1 though. But I feel you. Its best to let it all soak in before running back to the board to give a play by play. I didn't even pick up the game until Friday either and I didn't play yesterday for real and likely won't have time to play today.
I like the game. Wish there was more gunplay, and the platforming was more fun but I like it a lot so far. Personally I like the story a lot too, even though it feels cliche for the most part.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Up to chapter 10 and I think they OD'd on the platforming...there has been a significant lack of set plays. The puzzles been piffery and the areas/aesthetics/environments have been goat tier. The scottish mountains were just :wow:

Actually i'm changing my stance mid post, i think they got the right balance so far except there being a drought of enemies at some point cos i just remembered the boat intro, the prison fight and both prison escapes and the escape from the scottish cathedral....

Nah nah this game has been worth it so far
:skip:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Just finished the game. I thought it was pretty good, but UC2 is still the best in the series to me.

My thoughts on the franchise going forward (if there even is a future):

Are they going to continue the franchise with Sam & Sully? Seems like this was Nate's swan song game :manny:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Some more thoughts (non-spoiler)

-I'mma have to replay this game because at first look Chapter 1 didn't look anything like the rest of the game to me in terms of graphics quality. I was dead ass tired though so maybe that has something to do with it.

- NaughtyDog proved once again that they are in a league of their own in terms of storytelling in videogames. While I don't think it overtook TLOU, it was up there. The Avery story was good. I know I didn't find all the collectible notes so I missed some stuff.

- While I didn't mind less combat, I wasn't too much a fan of the combat that we did get. The setpieces were dope, but I'm not sure I cared for the encounters. It may be because I played on hard though. I'm not sure if you get more bullets on easier difficulties, or easier access to guns, but that was my main gripe. I felt like I was scavenging too much.

-ND and these car chases always have me :dead: with these seemingly drunk ass drivers coming after you

- If you're reading this and still playing, no matter the chapter you're in. Just stop and observe the amount of detail put into this game. It's striking. Not even talking graphics here. Just the little things that make everything in the setting feel like an actual place. Very few devs put this much time and effort into creating something like this. I don't want to see an open world game from ND if they're gonna continue developing closed settings with this amount of detail. I almost want to explore more than anything else in this game

- The Epilogue is :mjcry:

Rating: 9/10. That may change to a 10/10 on a second playthrough.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the game. I thought it was pretty good, but UC2 is still the best in the series to me.

My thoughts on the franchise going forward (if there even is a future):

Are they going to continue the franchise with Sam & Sully? Seems like this was Nate's swan song game :manny:
I'd rather see their daughter be the main protagonist in a future game than Sam. fukk that lying ass nikka. Wish he had died :pacspit:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
outside the graphics which are great i was gonna say what these previous posts said...if i feel like all i been doin is climbin shyt for 16 chapters watchin a movie and gettin my ass beat by this fake brolic black chick...there's hardly any action....glad i wasnt trippin yall def hyped this game up
I swear that shyt was pissing me off.

I'm like aint no fukking way i'm gonna let this bytch beat my ass TWICE. And with my brother, two against one, this bytch on some Black Widow shyt, but they don't even let you dodge her attacks, it's just a fixed ass fight bullshyt. I wanted to run the fade on that bytch...

after I smash

luvaznpoon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The MP is actually pretty fun, but I fukkin HATE how these games are steering you towards microtransactions. Either pay, or waste time grinding until random unlocks finally give you the character/skin/taunt you want :scust:

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
The MP is actually pretty fun, but I fukkin HATE how these games are steering you towards microtransactions. Either pay, or waste time grinding until random unlocks finally give you the character/skin/taunt you want :scust:
It's gonna be like that form here on out unfortunately :mjcry: