UMG executives and Drake partners asked PG Lang to end the beef

Jards

All Star
Daps
I woulda been the only one at OVO like:

:francis: Drake, this dude is not Meek Mill. Remember Pusha T made you fall back….now imagine what Kendrick will do…I think you should ignore him and make a summer anthem…..you got 400Ms already, you winning at life, leave this nikka from Compton alone”
In hindsight you can say that but in real time it was a battle he had to take. Like That was the #1 record for three weeks straight - if the track made no noise he could’ve brushed it off but as the supposed top rapper in the game you can’t ignore that.

This was a battle he couldn’t win in the public eye though - the track being #1 should’ve let him know the general public wasn’t riding with him so really the cards were always stacked against him either way.

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me

D-xlGjGXYAAnPQs.jpg

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
In hindsight you can say that but in real time it was a battle he had to take. Like That was the #1 record for three weeks straight - if the track made no noise he could’ve brushed it off but as the supposed top rapper in the game you can’t ignore that.

This was a battle he couldn’t win in the public eye though - the track being #1 should’ve let him know the general public wasn’t riding with him so really the cards were always stacked against him either way.
Life is bigger than rap
Now he in PR mode

He was this close to getting exposed by videos or pics

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You know this whole beef ive wondered that NOBODY on the internet or apart of Drakes team has gone to check with the Compton police dept or w/e departmet where this alleged DV happened surely there would be a report this should be the easiest thing to expose in like less than 24hrs.

My theory is that he just intentionally misappropriated Kendrick's lyrics from His Pain III like he did with Mother I Sober.

[Verse 2: Kendrick Lamar]
Yesterday, I invaded privacy of a home
The day before that, my partner had fronted me a zone
A week before, I had loaded bullets inside that chrome
Two weeks before that, I shot them bullets and he was gone
A month before that, I cursed my mother then slammed the door
Six months before that, I hit my woman, she hit the floor
I stormed out, then seen a black Honda Accord
Them hollow tips missed me then hit that little boy

Same thing with 'leaking the information' lmao, Kendrick probably just used those old rumors to ruin Family Matters' momentum. Who cares if any of it is true? What matters is how you felt when you heard it.

Jards

All Star
Daps
Life is bigger than rap
Now he in PR mode

He was this close to getting exposed by videos or pics
Shut the fukk up - you’re talking like you’re nikkadamus and seen the direction of travel. :camby:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I feel like the machine are probably going to start to phase Drake out after this.

He's too much of a liability with the child skeletons in his closet.

Too much money in the Drake act. Lucian basically said its an open checkbook for additional spending on top of the lifetime contract. Its something neither side can abandon.

They're gonna pave this over and continue to milk. There's way more money in pushing out a PR damaged Drake for the next ten years than cutting the cord now.