UMG executives and Drake partners asked PG Lang to end the beef

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can Drake ever go at any other artist ever again? Cause all of them will use the same shyt against him. That man better stick to singing melodies for rest of his life
Can he even roll out an album like that anymore? He already had to milk 21 and Yachty for his last albums. He could slip away from Pusha, because Pusha didn't have the time to pick him apart like Kendrick did. Drake has been working methodically for his credibility and Kendrick took a shyt on all of it in the last verse of Not Like Us. What is a Drake single in 2024 going to sound like? For sure he won't be able to do the minstrel show he did with For All The Dogs.

seraphx

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can he even roll out an album like that anymore? He already had to milk 21 and Yachty for his last albums. He could slip away from Pusha, because Pusha didn't have the time to pick him apart like Kendrick did. Drake has been working methodically for his credibility and Kendrick took a shyt on all of it in the last verse of Not Like Us. What is a Drake single in 2024 going to sound like? For sure he won't be able to do the minstrel show he did with For All The Dogs.
Meh I think Drake the machine is too big to fail at this point. yes a certain part of the internet will look at him sideways but, I don't think he REALLY gonna be done. Too much money to still be made. The machine is gonna keep moving.

Ellen Degeneres

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meh I think Drake the machine is too big to fail at this point. yes a certain part of the internet will look at him sideways but, I don't think he REALLY gonna be done. Too much money to still be made. The machine is gonna keep moving.
The machine is also careful about target audiences. After Chris Breezy did Rihanna he was forced to go from a slick R&B singer to a thug. After MGK got done by Eminem he had to abandon hip hop. I wonder if they're gonna make Drake jump into a more Nickelodeon/white friendly lanes from the urban thug shyt. Kendrick is clearly damaging his black audiences, just look at the reactions. He ethered himself with the slave lines.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
What are you arguing? I'm not saying Kendrick is right about the kid existing and I'm not saying he didn't get bad intel. That's possible. But the whole "we fed you the bad intel to diss me with" is one of the dumbest things I ever heard. Literally no body would have responded to the Meet the Grahams like he did on his IG if that was real. Nor would he not have had a response record cued up immediately after to expose Kendrick for falling for a fake angle they fed him.

Besides the holes in it logically, let's say he really did do that, it was a stupid ass strategy. Because now you let him stomp your big record immediately with no response for days and then in your response record you're wasting time defending and explaining yourself for half the song instead of going on offense. It's a dumbass chess move, even if it's real (which it's not).
lmao

Drake’s last song was an attempt to gaslight the fans into giving him a W in a battle he knows he lost.

#MasterManipulator

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
At the end of the day, it's the people with bigger pockets or the boys in blue that will put a stop to this beef.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We gon see. But I bet you're wrong. Breh gon release a record that the ladies start dancing to and then that will be that.

R Kelly had a literal tape in the streets that showed him peeing on a child and that nxgga dropped Chocolate Factory and all was forgiven :pachaha:

I remember, I was there. Folks was stepping to the name of love like they didn't see with their own two eyes this nxgga smashing a teenager the year before :deadrose:

If the metoo movement hadn't happened, he would be free right now!

The alleged evidence yall claim to have on Drake ain't nowhere close to the actual sex video of R Kelly with a minooooor. But oh wait I forgot Kenny didn't say nothing about that, except put his music back on streaming :manny:

I doubt Drake's career is over but the internet was not really the internet yet in 2003. If the R. Kelly shyt happened in 2024 he would've been outta here.

IDK, why didn't Kendrick prove he has an 11 year old daughter? To me, there was a cold war and posturing going on behind the scenes. Kendrick was smart never going on defense with the shyt Drake was saying about him... Doesn't mean that there wasn't ANYTHING there.

There are both cash cows for Universal at the end of the day. There's mutual interest for both sides not to completely crash out from this.

I'm not arguing he has a daughter either way, but a pgLang associate said they had proof of the daughter then this shyt was apparently "over" later the same night.

Make of that what you will.

Fred.

Fani Willis fan

Man What
Daps
Drake gon come back from this bigger and stronger. It's the same thing he did with Push. Watch. He is not Ja Rule. Drake has obviously politicked behind the scenes enough to still be good. Dude might be about to become a mogul at this point. :manny:
Drake gets bigger after every beef, the coli should know this by now. Thats his super power.

However, this time Kendrick is also getting the same number boosts that Drake usually gets in a battle. So I can't call this one..

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
What I don't get is..why they let him.release.those first 2 diss tracks knowing he was gonna get murdered?

Because they thought the golden small hat couldn't be touched.

They were happy with him destroying other black mens livelihood as long as it didnt impact their money