UK says Africans need to pay the diaspora reparations

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
The way Africans try to gaslight and dodge responsibility for slavery is disgusting :therethere:
The way FBAs try to gaslight and dodge responsibility for Chicago, violence in American cities and Hip Hop is disgusting. You see how we all can c00n babble. Chill with that dumb shyt. I got smoke with nikkas who sold other nikkas into slavery for whatever reason but I know who the true problem is and it's the cacs who setup the system and punished anyone who didn't follow their orders. It's the same system they been using on Black folks for centuries

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I guess Unilever.. they were formally the Royal Niger Company :yeshrug:or maybe trace the actual ethnic group in said country and go after them.

Again, y’all tryna juelz and shift the narrative when it seems like FBAs just want the harsh truth that it’s not going to happen and they should stop fukking with the continent
not juelzing. I'm challenging you to think it out practically. generalizing and vague allusions are for beefing when you asked people doing that to specify who they gonna charge they left the discussion. that's literally what happened in here... you wanna have a grounded discussion then keep it practical. i don't need to shift the negative that's what the British did not me. the discussion is showing it is impractical to do as they suggest. now if THIS is a thing to make FBA "not fukk with the continent it's an excuse" because "the continent" is not collectively responsible for Atlantic slavery and this is the actual point. you'd have a hard time sourcing the culprits so the easy and lazy thing to do is BLAME AFRICANS.

For example you say "charge an ethnicity" let's explore how practical that is... how are you going to identify these tribes by name or dna? in theory Africans themselve get tested nobody is going to be purely just one ethnicity. they will have dominant genetics from one tribe maybe but not all. So what do you do then? say if you are more than 70% _____ ethnicity you are responsible for reparations? Or if you are from this part of the country or speak this language or have this lineage. like how they gonna identify these people who will pay. who do you chare is a valid question not a juelz.

Brits want brehs chasing their tail as a distraction from bringing valid cases to them. and it works because there is already bad blood easy shyt.

manipulated divided and mentally conquered. that's some of us today. it's only gonna get worse. you don't need cointelpro today just the internet a few c00n agents and a lot of misdirection and we end up where we are now.

:ufdup:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
The way FBAs try to gaslight and dodge responsibility for Chicago, violence in American cities and Hip Hop is disgusting. You see how we all can c00n babble. Chill with that dumb shyt. I got smoke with nikkas who sold other nikkas into slavery for whatever reason but I know who the true problem is and it's the cacs who setup the system and punished anyone who didn't follow their orders. It's the same system they been using on Black folks for centuries

Already lil breh I feel you

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Every West African has relatives who were sold into slavery. Even aristocrats. For example, many of the Haitian revolutionaries were descendants of African generals and rulers sold into slavery. So, these aristocrats should be paying themselves for their losses?

Also, a lot of present day aristocracy are not the same pre-colonial aristocrats who participated in the slave trade. European colonizers put in place new sets of African aristocracy ie the majority of Igbo rulers today.

You can’t really demonstrate that African aristocrats are liable for damages to you. However, the European/American insurance companies, universities, and countries etc. that sold your ancestors into slavery are around today.
It seems to me that's pretty much the play.

The best argued case for reparations for descendants of slavery is that institutions that regulated, participated in and profited from the practice back then still stand today, and thus remain guilty.

But more often than not, people against reparations will strawman this previous claim into some of the weaker following:
- Any descendant of an enslaver is responsible for slavery (guilt through blood)
- Any person of the same ethnicity as an enslaver is responsible for slavery (through kin)
- Any person of the same race as an enslaver is responsible for slavery (through race)

Sometimes they don't even have to make that strawman because a janky reparation activist will make those weaker claims themselves.

I think the reason why an anti-reparation person would like these arguments instead of the solid institutional one is that those can easily be swatted away in numerous ways.

It's easy for a religious text to say that the son inherits the sins of the father but I don't know any other legal context where that works (debt inheritance is similar but supposes the continued existence of the creditor I think). How do you argue that someone must pay for the sins of an ancestor? Of somebody that's not even an ancestor but of the same ethnicity? The same race?

That's why you hear the comebacks "my ancestors are Irish! :damn: ", "my ancestors African but not that kind! :francis:", or "why do I gotta pay for something I didn't do? I'm broke anyway:mjpls:"

And how do argue against those rebuttals? At this point the water is muddied.

Considering the reparations from Africans in particular, I disagree with a lot of Africans in this thread that the question can't even be asked. I think that it's legitimate, even out of ignorance or bad faith. I also think that there are some half-truths or maybe good faith misinformation coming from the African side that muddy the conversation even further (it's not really a convo, it's moreso invoice-like accusations, but still).

Africans did participate in slavery. Not all, of course, far from the majority if you go by head count, but it's an indisputable historical fact that slavery (and to an extent the slave trade) were endemic in most West African societies. I don't know any legitimate evidence that shows that kidnapping by white traders was the main supply source for slaves getting put in boats.

And does it really matter how much the perpetrators gained from it? So what if their fortunes vanished? Or if they found misfortune afterwards and got colonized? Should that erase shyt?

Those are poor arguments imo. Issue is, I think, a lot of rando black people (wherever they're from) can't wrap their head around slavery in Africa yet. So they have all these simplistic narratives that don't quite reflect history.

One of the bottomline (that you brought up I believe) is that arguments based on race, ethnicity or blood hardly stick because through these lenses, in the diaspora and in Africa, the perpetrators are the victims, and the victims are the perpetrators.

For example, the Dahomey Kingdom is a perpetrator of the slave trade (raided enemies and sold them). But it's also a victim of the slave trade (was raided first and families deported). The ironic result is that descendants of Dahomey, both in the diaspora and in Africa, share the blood, the ethnicity and the race of both the perpetrator and the victim. Thus rendering the argument for reparations ineffective.

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Yeah, that is very smart. I am an African and descendant of enslaved Africans as well. So I'm supposed to pay for my great ancestor getting captured and shipped off to the new world?:camby:

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
We ain't getting a dime from none of these nations or tribes. They all got blood on their hands, and he that lead into captivity shall go into captivity. So yall just kick back and let them have their time. Because in a few we gonna be running shyt everywhere FOREVER!!! So let them keep their depreciating dollar. We will have their sons, daughters, riches, and inheritance.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
We ain't getting a dime from none of these nations or tribes. They all got blood on their hands, and he that lead into captivity shall go into captivity. So yall just kick back and let them have their time. Because in a few we gonna be running shyt everywhere FOREVER!!! So let them keep their depreciating dollar. We will have their sons, daughters, riches, and inheritance.
Again you yourself might be descended from the very same slave raiders you're talking about, this isn't a one size fits all shoot. you have to actually be versed in african history in its antiquity to have this conversation