UK says Africans need to pay the diaspora reparations

Mega

Superstar
Daps
Sephardic Jews who had recently conquered the Moors in Portugal and Spain, established chattel slavery amongst the natives on their sugarcane plantations in the Carribean and South America.

The British government was the first modern government to outlaw slavery in all of its territories.
Do you mean the first modern European government?

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
While Western countries benefitted greatly from slavery, Africa became poorer. That's what happens when you sell your people, for worthless trinkets no less. A huge, self-inflicted L that we might not ever live down. They don't have anything to give. To this day, African leaders are making horrible trade deals. Africa has a long history of not knowing its worth.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
I saw someone defending Africans selling slaves by saying "they didn't know what they were going to be used for."

LOL.

But slavery on the east side of the Atlantic was different than the west side. They were demonic on the west side. That is what the Africans didn't know.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I saw someone defending Africans selling slaves by saying "they didn't know what they were going to be used for."

Or they will say they were from" rival tribes".

If that's the case they were opps then and we are still opps now :jbhmm:

Why should we want to come together with our ancestors opps that sold them out into slavery :why:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I wish a lot of you so called Africans on this forum would just speak how yall really feel

Just say yall think the diaspora deserves what happened to them and people shouldn’t do anything about it cause clearly yall don’t give a fukk

Way too many people on hear deflecting, “Africans didn’t benefit”, “there wasn’t no countries”, and this bullshyt ass answer right hear that bugs the fukk out of me, “black Americans descended from slavers”

Yo hoe ass nikkas just use deflection after deflection, yall can’t even prove who in the diaspora comes from slavers, you know why, cause the people who was sold across the Atlantic was raped and tortured and forced to have babies with each other even they own families at times, and y’all really got the nerve to say that bullshyt about where a mf comes from, we can’t even trace are shyt down to are great grandparents and y’all up here with this bullshyt because y’all can’t accept what happened, yall acting like people personally said y’all’s family members benefited from slavery

So stop it with the gaslighting and just say fukk the salves cause that’s how y’all really feel

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
This topic is just another example of how worthless the idea of Pan Africanism is in the U.S. You can't even get these clowns to agree to pay restitution for their hand in slavery but you really about to get shyt shaking with them :mjlol:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
This topic is just another example of how worthless the idea of Pan Africanism is in the U.S. You can't even get these clowns to agree to pay restitution for their hand in slavery but you really about to get shyt shaking with them :mjlol:
I just wish people be upfront about it stop being so phony

We can work together but we have to lea e the emotions out cause these people don’t fukk with us like that and we be trying to love hard with other cultures