UK: Noel Clarke getting the Bill Cosby treatment

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Damn I watched all his Hood movies a few years ago

Well on the bright side hopefully him getting out of the industry would open up lanes to diversify UK film away from the whole road man, crime, grime shyt

I really haven’t seen any real life movies out of the Uk that don’t involve drugs, gangs, and killing. And I know life out there is way different than the US so there’s a lot of non-street stories to tell for black people.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Sam Peel going back to prison :lolbron:

BHFwtilCMAIEmj1.jpg

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Damn I watched all his Hood movies a few years ago

Well on the bright side hopefully him getting out of the industry would open up lanes to diversify UK film away from the whole road man, crime, grime shyt

I really haven’t seen any real life movies out of the Uk that don’t involve drugs, gangs, and killing. And I know life out there is way different than the US so there’s a lot of non-street stories to tell for black people.

When I worked for a production company about a decade ago. The majority of funding available for independent films especially black stories was those types of films. They love a crime film (both black and white) over here :snoop: and then wonder why youths are stabbing one another and doing other acts of criminality.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
When I worked for a production company about a decade ago. The majority of funding available for independent films especially black stories was those types of films. They love a crime film (both black and white) over here :snoop: and then wonder why youths are stabbing one another and doing other acts of criminality.
Heard about that, most of the funding still go to crime shows. I follow this UK podcast called Express Truth they did an episode about this also about what stories aren’t getting told

Around the 30 min mark is when they start talking about film

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Before Top Boy this guy wrote Kidulthood and Adulthood. Hope this isn't true

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
I can't take British people seriously. Just hearing their accent makes me laugh. I'd fukk UP any p*ssy tea-sipping UK breh. I swear on my momma.

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
I just went through his IMDB page, and the only thing I've seen is Star Trek Into Darkness, and I don't remember him in it. And I watch quite a bit of UK stuff like Luther/Sherlock/Broadchurch/Bodyguard/etc.

In star trek, he was the dad in the opening scene who had a sick daughter and then made a deal with cumberbatch to blow a building up in exchange for his daughters health.