UK: Noel Clarke getting the Bill Cosby treatment

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not british nor do I watch british tv like that but I'm pretty sure breh is huge there. I've seen too many shows with him starring.
He's just the mainstream token black guy. His portrayals were always some hypo stereotypical shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: Jax

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Only know him from trash ass kidulthood and another horror movie he did... but they constantly show this on Showtime when I get home from work it seems..

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Sadly it was an open secret what a scumbag Noel Clarke was. He was powerful and protected and he knew it. When the first me too allegations came out I was surprised his name wasn’t out there. He must have thought he skated through it.

My ex used to work in film production and Noel Clarke would make very crude comments to her and other women who worked there so much so that had to always have 2 people in the suite if he was there.

Only one other person they had to do that for Brett Ratner another scumbag man had very underage looking euro chicks come through for his Arab investors to the damn production suites

:francis:

So he was pretty much playing himself in Kidulthood.

Any black man especially in the UK who seriously thinks they're "protected" so they can commit that type of fukkery is deluded at best.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Sadly it was an open secret what a scumbag Noel Clarke was. He was powerful and protected and he knew it. When the first me too allegations came out I was surprised his name wasn’t out there. He must have thought he skated through it.

My ex used to work in film production and Noel Clarke would make very crude comments to her and other women who worked there so much so that had to always have 2 people in the suite if he was there.

Only one other person they had to do that for Brett Ratner another scumbag man had very underage looking euro chicks come through for his Arab investors to the damn production suites

:francis:

:damn:
And Brett has been cancelled

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I hate when stuff like this just proves how some men just don't know how to deal with their insecurities which leads to this type of demonic behaviour. As soon as they get a bit of power they slide into the worst parts of themselves. My daughter has been modelling since she was 17 yrs old and i've been to so much castings and reading for roles i have a keen sense for the fukk shyt and i would not be lying if i said that a good 60% of men in that field are scumbags,gay and straight. The women aren't exused from doing some really hurtful,evil shyt but at least they dont try to fukk everything that moves on a set.

But the problem is men been tryna fukk everything that moved since the beginning of time. And the only difference between flirting, making a move and harassment is how she's feeling at that time. But hopefully the youth of this era are more respectable in their pursuits.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
He may have beaten the charge but I do not see how he can come back from this.
He’s now a liability and people aren’t going to fukk with him, especially given his treatment towards Adam Deacon who is well liked.

Noel had a legacy and threw it all away. As a Black man, you don’t get that many opportunities here and he definitely must have been in deep denial to think he was Teflon out here. He’s not a cac.

Kidulthood and Adulthood will always be British coming-of-age classics tho :yeshrug:
I think if dude gets the right crisis management team together and does the accepted levels of contrite mea culpas that he could recover from this.
He's just going to have to publicly perform a period of self-flagellation and be very open about entering into some type of intense therapy to fix his own "toxic masculinity".

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
He’s now a liability and people aren’t going to fukk with him, especially given his treatment towards Adam Deacon who is well liked.

Noel had a legacy and threw it all away. As a Black man, you don’t get that many opportunities here and he definitely must have been in deep denial to think he was Teflon out here. He’s not a cac.

Kidulthood and Adulthood will always be British coming-of-age classics tho :yeshrug:
Adam Deacon is an idiot. he been doing all types of fukkery, what happened now?

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
I think if dude gets the right crisis management team together and does the accepted levels of contrite mea culpas that he could recover from this.
He's just going to have to publicly perform a period of self-flagellation and be very open about entering into some type of intense therapy to fix his own "toxic masculinity".

Naw his cooked in terms of front of camera stuff. His best best is production company stuff and guiding and finding new talent. For all his fukkery he was good at scripting and producing.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN

You can't be a black man and move like cacs, especially in a country like this.

We need more black directors and writers and more diverse stories about the Black British experience other than Top Boy (which I still like obviously) otherwise our talent will keep going to the states for work. Aml Ameen wrote and directed a movie here late last year, but he hasn't lived in the UK for like 10 years.

I'm surprised he actually beat the charges, but the stigma will always be there and people won't let him forget it.