UFC fighter gets into brawl and gets knocked out by a 2x4

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Wrestling based with bjj purple/black belts. Your argument has no legs.

Its a huge factor because the art has to be learned to be defended. They dont teach you how to work off your back in wrestling, they teach that in Brazillian jiujitsu. The cross training is Mandatory because in MMA you end up on your back. There are no wrestlers who do not spend an incredible amount of time learning Brazillian jiujitsu if they have any aspirations of being a champion. How its used, is up to the artist. A wrestler is not going to use jiujitsu the way a jiujtisu guy will. A wrestler will use it to obtain a position he can pound on you and maybe get a head and arm triangle if its available. A bjj guy wants to end the fight and uses it for the sub. The bjj guys who use their BJJ for dominant position and striking ala Jacare, do well. When ive grappled with state wrestling champs they definately need to learn BJJ....

Also, there is a lot to be said for the genetic level of the said fighters. Roger Gracie is not an athletic specimen compared to someone like Jacare. Typically most wrestlers in mma have freakish talent as an athlete combined with their technique whereas a lot of bjj guys are built like Damien Maia and rely on technique.

There are no wrestling strikers who do not spend a ton of time learning brazillian jiujitsu. By learning it they are able to use it to their advantage/defend it but to say that by learning it, its not longer a factor or a requirment for mma makes no sense when most of the top guys have respetable belts from respectable bjj teachers.

The day of pure anyone is over but the day where wrestlers do not have to learn jiujitsu to succeed is not here. You say *o learn some takedown defense* like these training camps are just glossing over this knowledge. You're being disengenuous and showing ignorance and i believe its because of your own training regiment which doesnt include much grappling. Thats ok for joe blow and entry level fighters but if you want to train to take on dark hearted trained demonic killers, you have to expand. Take your training more serious and learn that bjj, friend.

So all of this translates to "BJJ is needed to be a well rounded fighter". Well no shyt...I addressed this, and you still have yet to address your original stance as to how BJJ is so much more important than wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, etc. For example....say if...a prime Mike Tyson entered the early UFCs....u think Royce would've closed the distance with those half assed pitter patter strikes, take him down and get the sub with ease? :pachaha: Doubt it. Now as far as streer fights....everyone knows that BJJ is one of the WORST arts to use in a brawl because youre vulnerable on the ground for any extended amount of time.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I knew it..I knew UFC mma fighters were trash..if that was a kung fu master a 2x4 wouldn't do shyt because they train thier head and the rest of their body to be hard as iron..a kung fu master would of took out that whole fiasco with a lethal blow each to each one of them..

i agree. people don't understand y they don't see kung fu masters in the UFC.. it's because damn near killing someone is illegal in sport fighting.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So all of this translates to "BJJ is needed to be a well rounded fighter". Well no shyt...I addressed this, and you still have yet to address your original stance as to how BJJ is so much more important than wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, etc. For example....say if...a prime Mike Tyson entered the early UFCs....u think Royce would've closed the distance with those half assed pitter patter strikes, take him down and get the sub with ease? :pachaha: Doubt it. Now as far as streer fights....everyone knows that BJJ is one of the WORST arts to use in a brawl because youre vulnerable on the ground for any extended amount of time.

You're putting words in my mouth. Perhaps if you could quote me i could address thoughts that send your mind in the wrong direction.

Royce Gracie would have destroyed Mike Tyson and he was one of the lowest gracie fighters at that time. The scene was so weak it was easy for him to clean house.

Obviously the best thing to do in a brawl is pick up a weapon as shown by these amateurs taking out a pro fighter with a piece of wood. The only thing saving you in a brawl is luck. An elite bjj grappler will have no issues in a brawl because chances are, hes in peak shape and that means a lot in a fight.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
i agree. people don't understand y they don't see kung fu masters in the UFC.. it's because damn near killing someone is illegal in sport fighting.

If eye pokes and groin strikes are your only way to win a fight, you arent a master. Anyone can do that.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Yet here we are today in MMA there are ZERO pure strikers in the ring. People with no ground game cannot exist among mixed martial artists. Lets update our skillsets and become good at grappling so we dont get crushed and tarnished out of stubborness.
You already know how I feel about this.. but.....

yo. Did you watch ufc 162... or do you watch real life? In real life.. bjj wont get you far if you don't know any stand up. And the BEST fighters in the mma world are good strikers. If Anderson Silva gets into a fight at Mcdonalds... it will punch or kick a face to the floor. If Jon Jones gets into a fight on the street - even while being BJJ and world class wrestler.. he will hit someone w the 100% takedown defense.. then a quick elbow.

Grappling is for friends, whose standup needs additional work. If you're not fighting a wingchun master or professional Muy thai guy, wtf do you need to be on the ground for?? You should learn how to get out of locks n shyt only if you want to play sports and competitions... or if you plan on rolling around w some drunk guy at the bar. Other than that, you need min. ground game.
fixed:

Lets update our skillsets and become good at striking and developing speed/ accuracy so we dont get crushed and tarnished out of stubborness

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If eye pokes and groin strikes are your only way to win a fight, you arent a master. Anyone can do that.
not everyone can do that... and not everyone is accurate.

I'm not even close to a master at anything but more than likely I can knock anyone completely out with 1 punch maybe 2.

If someone comes in close to me- then it gets really ugly and something will get broken, ijs.

this guy was a bjj master ( i think). If he was another master the situation would have ended up differently

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You already know how I feel about this.. but.....

yo. Did you watch ufc 162... or do you watch real life? In real life.. bjj wont get you far if you don't know any stand up. And the BEST fighters in the mma world are good strikers. If Anderson Silva gets into a fight at Mcdonalds... it will punch or kick a face to the floor. If Jon Jones gets into a fight on the street - even while being BJJ and world class wrestler.. he will hit someone w the 100% takedown defense.. then a quick elbow.

Grappling is for friends, whose standup needs additional work. If you're not fighting a wingchun master or professional Muy thai guy, wtf do you need to be on the ground for?? You should learn how to get out of locks n shyt only if you want to play sports and competitions... or if you plan on rolling around w some drunk guy at the bar. Other than that, you need min. ground game.
fixed:

Lets update our skillsets and become good at striking and developing speed/ accuracy so we dont get crushed and tarnished out of stubborness
Grappling is a great way to fight for people who dont like getting hit. It provides a skill set that translates to fights out the box alot better then striking arts. The principles in Brazillian jiujitsu give a protocol in the mind very early on how to dictate and end a fight. It takes a lot of punches to the face and years of training before a striker can translate his gifts to dismantling larger opponents, typically. Especially if hes not gentically gifted. Brazillian jiujitsu allows average citizens the ability to take the fight to an arena most people are unprepared to handle. Us jiujitsu fighters dont like to get punched so this is what we do. You trade strikes, we grapple.

You can say *well what about multiple opponents* but im sorry, few arts can really protect you from that and lets say it does happen you know what id do if my hands werent as nice as they are, run. :manny:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
not everyone can do that... and not everyone is accurate.

I'm not even close to a master at anything but more than likely I can knock anyone completely out with 1 punch maybe 2.

If someone comes in close to me- then it gets really ugly and something will get broken, ijs.

this guy was a bjj master ( i think). If he was another master the situation would have ended up differently

Everyone can imagine what happens before they get hit with a 2x4 or blind sided. Man to man those men stood no chance. They fought intelligently.

The bjj black belt came out with cuts and bruises that did not require an overnight at the hosptial.

His friend a 145 lb featherweight striker, got clobbered.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Grappling is a great way to fight for people who dont like getting hit. It provides a skill set that translates to fights out the box alot better then striking arts. The principles in Brazillian jiujitsu give a protocol in the mind very early on how to dictate and end a fight. It takes a lot of punches to the face and years of training before a striker can translate his gifts to dismantling larger opponents, typically. Especially if hes not gentically gifted. Brazillian jiujitsu allows average citizens the ability to take the fight to an arena most people are unprepared to handle. Us jiujitsu fighters dont like to get punched so this is what we do. You trade strikes, we grapple.

You can say *well what about multiple opponents* but im sorry, few arts can really protect you from that and lets say it does happen you know what id do if my hands werent as nice as they are, run. :manny:
There are MA that train specifically so that you don't get hit in the face...

Multiple fights are a problem for a master. For a average MA person... you should at least not get fukked up. I do wanna learn more bjj, but I don't have time right now w the other stuff I practice.. I'm turned up training in the last year.

And I don't trade strikes.... BJJ guys who are only lightly trained in stand up trade strikes - to close the distance.

And I stay strapped.. and have extensive weapons training and experience using weapons in other places. .. so

Fixed:
"For multiple people who were seriously trying to harm me what I would "do if my hands werent as nice as they are, pop off." :manny:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
There are MA that train specifically so that you don't get hit in the face...

Multiple fights are a problem for a master. For a average MA person... you should at least not get fukked up. I do wanna learn more bjj, but I don't have time right now w the other stuff I practice.. I'm turned up training in the last year.

And I don't trade strikes.... BJJ guys who are only lightly trained in stand up trade strikes - to close the distance.

And I stay strapped.. and have extensive weapons training and experience using weapons in other places. .. so

Fixed:
"For multiple people who were seriously trying to harm me what I would "do if my hands werent as nice as they are, pop off." :manny:

Id rather have BJJ and not need it, then need it and not have it. Theres more to this then simply putting people in guard and looking for submissions. There is control, sweeps and an ability to get to the feet/take less damage from a position that typically spells doom for people.

Look at how many fight videos between street brawlers end up with someone being mounted and having the daylights punched out of them. Again, i rather have bjj and not need it. Ultimately, in the street, im more concerned about living than i am standing over someone saying what what what what what what :steviej: , friend.

Run to your car and call the cops friend. Thats what you're paying taxes for.

Im not fighting a murder case because i got jumped. Guns are for home defense and being cornered by people that want to kill you not because you just feel like blasting when the best option is to run, friend.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Id rather have BJJ and not need it, then need it and not have it. Theres more to this then simply putting people in guard and looking for submissions. There is control, sweeps and an ability to get to the feet/take less damage from a position that typically spells doom for people.

Look at how many fight videos between street brawlers end up with someone being mounted and having the daylights punched out of them. Again, i rather have bjj and not need it. Ultimately, in the street, im more concerned about living than i am standing over someone saying what what what what what what :steviej: , friend.

Im not fighting a murder case because i got jumped. Guns are for home defense and being cornered by people that want to kill you not because you just feel like blasting when the best option is to run, friend.
Well, most people at the white bars I go to aren't a threat. Most people around where I live are nice and friendly... but if I'm around, sad to say.... black people at black events.. I keep the burner just because people aren't really slow to pop off around my city.. and self defense cases here are winners in court because lets be real... u need to be that way in certain areas.

:lupe: to what you said about bjj. And fyi, most street nikkas can't really fight, so I don't even count those bjj videos in the hood. Of course a guy who knows how to take you down w a sweep n shyt before you even knew the fight started is gonna have you in a position to get pounded.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

We pay taxes because we are slaves to corporations... and to feed into the institutionalized enslavement of black people via private prisons. We pay taxes to receive substandard education and to support the bombing of brown people every where. and other random shyt that isn't good for us.

And the police aren't my friend, friend. And running from a person isn't my first instinct. Genetics didn't equip me with the sufficient amount of flight, I wont feel threatened.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
You're putting words in my mouth. Perhaps if you could quote me i could address thoughts that send your mind in the wrong direction.

Royce Gracie would have destroyed Mike Tyson and he was one of the lowest gracie fighters at that time. The scene was so weak it was easy for him to clean house.

Obviously the best thing to do in a brawl is pick up a weapon as shown by these amateurs taking out a pro fighter with a piece of wood. The only thing saving you in a brawl is luck. An elite bjj grappler will have no issues in a brawl because chances are, hes in peak shape and that means a lot in a fight.
Nah, the scene wasn't weak, the fighters chosen to compete were weak. They had all sorts of boxers, kick boxers, kyokushin practitioners, etc who you know gladly would've entered and given Royce that work :whew:. Wonder why there were mostly other grapplers and mcdojo karate instructors? :mjpls: Hell, I bet Tank Abbott would've given Royce Gracie that work for sure. Dude was actually wrestling based, stronger than shyt, and had sledgehammer fists. He would've fukking crushed Royce...not as bad as Hulk Hogan would have in his prime, but still. :whew:

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
We pay taxes because we are slaves to corporations... and to feed into the institutionalized enslavement of black people via private prisons. We pay taxes to receive substandard education and to support the bombing of brown people every where. and other random shyt that isn't good for us.

And the police aren't my friend, friend. And running from a person isn't my first instinct. Genetics didn't equip me with the sufficient amount of flight, I wont feel threatened.

Oh my :lupe: Good luck.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn

That my, my friend, is ground-and-pound, a style fathered by none other than Mark Coleman.....A WRESTLER. Try again. :ld: