UFC 304 On ESPN+ PPV [7/27 at 10pm ET] “Manchester Is Red…With Blood” (Aspinall/Blaydes II, Edwards/Muhammad II)

Who Wins Saturday Night?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
What was he doing?

I only watch fights. I never watch promos, and weigh ins.
2 or 3 different times before the fight this guy and Kape were moving like they were going to fight. It was so stupid. Even in the octagon before the fight they had to be separated and had all types of security in there. Only to barely engage when everyone cleared out.

I feel like because he got the "boring" wrap he tried selling the fight like that but shyt backfired.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Didn't watch, but surprised by the main event result. Salute to Belal making the most of his opportunity, as I know the UFC didn't want to give him a title shot. Even if it sounds like he took a boring decision.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I def still think Belal is on Peds. He looks entirely different from a few years ago and is rag dolling a dude no one can keep down other than Usman.

I had the same thought but not from the rag dolling. More from the power of his punches for someone who has 5 KO/TKO and was rocking Leon everytime he caught him.

Daps
Despite Mokaev being boring, it still hurts the UFC's credibility dropping him as an undefeated fighter. At the very least, offer him a weak 2-fight deal based on his performances and if he decides to leave so be it.

Even Jon Fitch had the opportunity to fight until he lost, and went on to be successful in WSOF.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bts4.gif

blu1.gif
Who is this?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I knew something was off with Leon when he couldn't even properly finish Colby. And Colby was WASHED in that fight. Looked horrible.

That KO against Usman was definitely luck.
Let's not fall into recency bias y'all. Nikkas in here calling Leon a fluke?

Yall dead wrong for calling that kick luck when some of y'all was probably talking about how beautifully set up it was when it happened. Nikka earned that kick don't be like this

The irony of last night is Leon is also "boring" and always has been. Very skilled, but not very assertive. He happened to lose to a nikka that out boring'd him.

And come on y'all by this point we KNOW how effective wrestling is in MMA. We've seen this story time and time again, so why now are we acting surprised? Wrestling is king in MMA no two ways about it

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
Let's not fall into recency bias y'all. Nikkas in here calling Leon a fluke?

Yall dead wrong for calling that kick luck when some of y'all was probably talking about how beautifully set up it was when it happened. Nikka earned that kick don't be like this

The irony of last night is Leon is also "boring" and always has been. Very skilled, but not very assertive. He happened to lose to a nikka that out boring'd him.

And come on y'all by this point we KNOW how effective wrestling is in MMA. We've seen this story time and time again, so why now are we acting surprised? Wrestling is king in MMA no two ways about it
I said it was luck back then, and ill say it now. He was getting dog walked the whole fight. Kamaru lost focus for a second and zigged when he should have zagged and got caught. That was a classic example of the better fighter getting caught.

When you are dominanting a fight for 5 rounds you get comfortable and its easy to lose focus. Happened to Leon in the diaz fight, hell it almost happened to Belal in the 5th round against leon.

It is what it is