Udonis Haslem says Chris Bosh was more important than LeBron James during the Big 3 era

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
replace lebron with who? carlos boozer? lol. trash hypothetical, but we can look at it...

...like cleveland wasn't going to level up? bosh probably wouldn't even have gone to miami without lebron, he may have ended up in cleveland. at that point the only thing cleve was missing was a big man who could ball out and shoot.

all respect to flash, but the heat didn't do shyt in the playoffs after 2006.
Nobody was going to Cleveland.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Where did this idea of Bosh pioneering the stretch 4 come from?
Sam Perkins was camped out launching 3s and outside shots for Reggie Miller's Pacers and Cliff Robinson was doing it earlier for Blazers,

areohbee824

Superstar
Daps
Bosh did so many of the little things thats not gonna show up on the stat sheet, a dude playing that position able to draw other players that position out of the paint but LeBeyhive always undermine him and all of the teammates he's had

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nobody was going to Cleveland.
innacurate. bosh was considered a sign and trade to play with lebron in cleveland before they pulled together the miami idea.

to be fair, bron also wanted out of cleveland. the point stands though, several players were going to follow lebron. bosh, wade, cp3, melo, all were checking for what lebron was going to do. the only team contending against cleveland at the time was the magic when dwight was on his superman shyt.

but to act like miami would be contenders if they didn't get lebron is fake news.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
innacurate. bosh was considered a sign and trade to play with lebron in cleveland before they pulled together the miami idea.

to be fair, bron also wanted out of cleveland. the point stands though, several players were going to follow lebron. bosh, wade, cp3, melo, all were checking for what lebron was going to do. the only team contending against cleveland at the time was the magic when dwight was on his superman shyt.

but to act like miami would be contenders if they didn't get lebron is fake news.
To add, Bosh was moreso Wade’s guy. Lebron wanted Amare instead of Bosh. Even during their tenure together, Bosh was the only one to publicly address or critique Lebron.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
He could have said Bosh was an important piece without putting him above Lebron :mjlol:.

He allowed Bron and Wade drive because he could streatch the court. Our fours and five were meant to space out the court because Wade and Bron were drivers.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Defensively, even tho Wade and Lebron covered a lot of ground….which made defending the paint, switching, and transitioning a lot better, I would say when CB stepped up on that end of the court he was the most important. Either him or Lebron.

Offensively, idk. The argument can be made (and is pretty clear to me) is that the Heat’s offense finally made great strides when CB got injured vs Boston I believe and Spo was forced to play D’Antoni ball with Shane Battier. CB was literally replaced.

Edit: actually, imma walk back the defensive part. :mjlol: At the time I don’t think there was anyone with the defensive smarts and instincts combined with athleticism to make the Heat small ball defense work outside of Lebron, other than Wade. And the Heat needed both.
Eh, I feel that they played their best offensive and defensive ball with bosh on the court, and he got better with time in the role he was in, not worse, whereas Wade slowly declined. In year 4 you'd look up and Bosh had 25, 28, 30, 34 with 10+ board every now and again and a block while playing A1 defense.

Battier did take them to another level with his minutes by stretching the floor and being an absolute pest on defense, I think he led the league in charges taken successfully that year.

They were an all around team effort.

This haslem statement is still blasphemous though.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I mean, I kinda get what he's saying... Bosh took a big step back in his personal stats to be what the Heat needed, a stretch big that could guard the opposing big man down low and anchor the defense.

Both Wade and Bron have said they don't win if Bosh wasn't around during the Heatle days. Saying he was more important than Bron though... might be taking it a little too far.
Moving Bosh to center didn’t mean he was anchoring the defense though. It was about finally maximizing the offense after being so rigid about it the first two years with all the stiffs they had playing center. The defense was clearly a step below championship caliber for first couple months of 2012-13 until they signed the birdman to reinforce the second unit. They became a much better team once Bosh moved to center, but the defense was clearly better in 2010-11 and 2011-12 compared to 2012-13 and 2013-14.

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Absolute nonsense but notice if the same thread was made about kobe or MJ how quickly it will be bushed or ones character will be attacked, this forum has a consistent bias against lebron and anyone neutral can see it, the notion that bron wasnt the most important player on the team is just flat out ridiculous its borderline absurd, but on here they will jump at any thing to slander the man. I urge anyone to debate on stats, merits of the issue and impact, make your case that bosh was more important. just watch how they respond to this post with adhominems and attack peoples character, for their chuckers like kobe and MJ who they herald you dare not say anything that isnt all praise
Relax breh we just talking basketball it’s not that deep :huhldup:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
replace lebron with who? carlos boozer? lol. trash hypothetical, but we can look at it...

...like cleveland wasn't going to level up? bosh probably wouldn't even have gone to miami without lebron, he may have ended up in cleveland. at that point the only thing cleve was missing was a big man who could ball out and shoot.

all respect to flash, but the heat didn't do shyt in the playoffs after 2006.
Wade would have been willing to change his number if Bosh didn't come to miami.

:troll: Chris Paul and Wade said in the interview as much,.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps

WHAT?

BOSH GOT HURT VS INDY
AND THEY WENT DOWN 3-2 TO BOSTON
BEFORE BOSH CAME BACK.

:devil:
:evil:

:heh:

Bosh started in 10 of 23 games in the 2012 playoffs and they still won the chip dummy. Of course they struggled a bit with Ronny Turiaf and Dexter Pittman starting in his place but they are not winning a chip with Bron only starting 10 playoff games :dead:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
He completely left himself outta the conversation as he was CBs backup :mjlol:

But yeah, it’s a dumb way to phrase stuff it’s like saying that Draymond was more important than Curry cause they’re light on Drays position. I also think Lebron could win with just Dwade as the he dude went to the finals with people worse than Haslem himself