Udonis Haslem says Chris Bosh was more important than LeBron James during the Big 3 era

Sean7

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some of us been knew this. Yall some damn haters. I heard the whole podcast he explained himself well. He said if dwade or lebron went down the other could carry the load. If Bosh went down no one could replicate him. Also said spo spread the floor with Bosh by having him shoot 3s which was new shyt at the time.

It’s about time yall put respect on the boshosauris name. Wouldn’t have even beat the spurs if he didn’t fight with his life for they rebound and passed it to ray Allen.
Pop with the assist as well, took Duncan out of the game when all they needed was one rebound to win the title and Bosh got that rebound.... Outcoached himself on that play taking out a guy who had 19 rebounds. Either or Bosh was key to that game and series, true.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I think Wade and STAT woulda beat Bron and Bosh if Bron never went to Miami, cause STAT was gonna go play with Wade, meaning Bosh woulda went with Bron (maybe at CLE). Miami woulda won 2010 with Wade, STAT and all that cap room. They woulda only had a 2 year window though, I think MIA and CLE both win 2 if things played out this way.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Where did this idea of Bosh pioneering the stretch 4 come from?
Sam Perkins was camped out launching 3s and outside shots for Reggie Miller's Pacers and Cliff Robinson was doing it earlier for Blazers,
He pioneered the stretch 4/5 that provided P&R killing defense and length and legit #2/3 option offense.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Defensively, even tho Wade and Lebron covered a lot of ground….which made defending the paint, switching, and transitioning a lot better, I would say when CB stepped up on that end of the court he was the most important. Either him or Lebron.

Offensively, idk. The argument can be made (and is pretty clear to me) is that the Heat’s offense finally made great strides when CB got injured vs Boston I believe and Spo was forced to play D’Antoni ball with Shane Battier. CB was literally replaced.

Edit: actually, imma walk back the defensive part. :mjlol: At the time I don’t think there was anyone with the defensive smarts and instincts combined with athleticism to make the Heat small ball defense work outside of Lebron, other than Wade. And the Heat needed both.
Didn’t they have to bring in Battier to shore up some stuff?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
You’re right. I wasn’t totally sure, but yeah Bosh went down against Indy. Spo (thankfully) finally went small ball.

And to be real, I believe that was Riley’s vision for the Heat when he brought in Mike Miller during the off-season. But Spo was stuck on keeping a ‘real’ point guard (Rio, Arroyos, etc) out there, along with traditional bigs (big Z, Turiaf, The Warden, Pittman, etc)….Miami fans were frustrated with Spo’s stubbornness at the time. Bosh getting hurt vs Indy forced to go small and play UD at Bosh’s future role.
Moving

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He didn't say best player, he said most important player. What made Miami so overpowered was you had a bunch of guys who should've been #1 or #2 on other teams crammed on one roster. Like compare the Nuggets to them. Denver's third best player is either Michael Porter Jr. or Aaron Gordon depending on the day but versus Miami those guys would have to dramatically up their play to guard one of Miami's big three. KCP would be somewhere trying (struggling) to not let Ray Allen score. Bosh was important because he was the third man and vs. 99% of the league he's killing whoever their third option is. He's way better than a Porter/Gordon or a Tobias Harris or a Jrue Holiday.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Once again pro wrestling giving legit sports and entertainment the blueprint

The "shoot interview" became the go-to move for released/:flabbynsick: wrestlers like 15 years ago, now retired NBA players all jumping into the hot takes circuit :wow:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Almost all of the replies in here championing this dumb shyt seem to be looking through it through the lens of the first half of their tenure rather than the latter two

You are not approximating half the value Bron gave as an offensive player in 2013 with Wade :dead: I get the point that they theoretically can fill the same hole, but theoretically, Sengun can do everything Jokic can do, and has done it in bits and pieces. It's about consistency.

Haslem probably didn't mean for it to be an OD piece, so I won't really say anything about his logic there.