Ubisoft Believes Next Gen Is the Last for Consoles as Microsoft Looks Beyond Platforms

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
I don’t think you understand how ps now works.

PS now is straight up streaming. No downloads. They had it on smart TVs. I bought a year of ps now when it was on sale. It’s straight up Netflix for games. But you need to be hardwired and have great internet speed.
I'm aware of what PS now is, but I grouped it with the others because none of them are complete services on their own. But your point stillstands they offer a streaming service, but it isn't suitable nor convenient hence the gripes.

Similarly, that's why the other services I grouped it with don't offer streaming at the moment. It's not a great experience right now.

:mjlol: this isn't happening and to the person that compared audio and video to 20+ gb video games :mjlol:
You do know how big 4k movies are don't you? :mjlol:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'm aware of what PS now is, but I grouped it with the others because none of them are complete services on their own. But your point stillstands they offer a streaming service, but it isn't suitable nor convenient hence the gripes.

Similarly, that's why the other services I grouped it with don't offer streaming at the moment. It's not a great experience right now.

You do know how big 4k movies are don't you? :mjlol:
its compressed plus it doesnr have render like an video game does in real time.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
its compressed plus it doesnr have render like an video game does in real time.
This is exactly what they're trying to achieve with video games. Where the heavy lifting is done in the cloud and audio and video are streamed back.

The majority of gamers would not be opposed to this.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
:mjlol: this isn't happening and to the person that compared audio and video to 20+ gb video games :mjlol:
the size of the game is irrelevant. the inputs stream from the client to the host, the host renders and compresses the video (and audio), and streams it to the client. the bandwidth used would be pretty much the same for any game

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You fukking moron, people are not demanding it right now, which is why no one has stepped up yet and attempted it. The demand is not there yet

1.) so Psnow isn't a video game streaming service?

2.)EA access and Game Pass aren't on demand gaming services

3.)GeForce now
4.)gamefly streaming

Xbox already has stream from console. :dahell:

But as everyone has said current technology doesn't provide a great experience so people stay away for that reason.

This article admits that and says that companies want to build the infrastructure to provide a quality experience for end users... TEN YEARS FROM NOW.

I just need to accept you don't read and just talk.

What are you even mad about? :dahell:

Arrogance.

King Novak of Melbourne, the First of His Name
Daps
Reppin
TSC/LToMD
Ehhh you said it’s not coming out until 2023. That’s 3 years longer than any other gen. That’s not happening.

And that’s a bad example because ps3 sales absolutely cratered the minute ps4 was released.

I said they're going to start working on next gen in 2020 and the systems will be out by 2023. Conservative estimate. It doesn't look like we're getting next gen consoles in 2020 currently, which would fit more with the cycle you posted. More than likely next gen will fall somewhere between 2020 and 2023.

Console sales may have cratered, but software sales continued. GTA V did 21 million on the PS3 and that dropped in late 2013. Sony didn't sell 21 million PS4s until after March of 2015. And it wasn't like people bought the game for the PS3 and played it on their PS4s either, PS Now wasn't available until March 2015.

I agree that for consumers, console generations are shorter. I'm sure Sony considers a generation to be from conception until they stop supporting it, same for Microsoft and Nintendo.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Playstation Now and Geforce Now don't exist?

1.) so Psnow isn't a video game streaming service?

2.)EA access and Game Pass aren't on demand gaming services

3.)GeForce now
4.)gamefly streaming

Xbox already has stream from console. :dahell:

But as everyone has said current technology doesn't provide a great experience so people stay away for that reason.

This article admits that and says that companies want to build the infrastructure to provide a quality experience for end users... TEN YEARS FROM NOW.

I just need to accept you don't read and just talk.

What are you even mad about? :dahell:
I meant a dedicated stream service as the sole option for gaming, a netix for games, something that by passes consoles

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
the switch is steaming games ba
dly right now its some time before we get to that point but its coming

I want to see someone other than Capcom do this before I take it seriously. seeing as capcom just love to finesse.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the switch is steaming games ba
dly right now its some time before we get to that point but its coming

This isn't accurate. The servers are in Japan that is meant for Japanese people in Japan. Of course it'll be horrible in the US.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
For once MS, in gaming terms, is right. Fortnite's mobile success proves their point.

Internet service providers collectively don't have a motivating factor to spend the billions it would require to completely retrofit the US internet infrastructure with fiber. Because they can still get away with charging you $100+ for sub par internet and you don't have a choice but accept it. It's only going to take one service provider to get courted into a relationship with a development studio and hardware manufacturer to change the tide.

Streaming games like music, TV and movies can operate off of Content Distribution Networks (CDN). Netflix has already revolutionized the CDN space, they developed their own hardware, open source OS and have their appliances in pretty much every ISPs central station/data centers.

generic-username

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Nothing
The videogame industry will be better off if MS dropped out. Hopefully the Xbox One X will be their last console. They are trying to fundamentally change the industry for the worse.