Ubisoft Believes Next Gen Is the Last for Consoles as Microsoft Looks Beyond Platforms

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Nah, mp3/m4A. But it seems like the market wants streaming to completely replace that and thats a no-go for me.
I can understand where you are coming from, but the music industry specifically knows that they can't really fukk with the music listeners anymore. If they increase the price of streaming dramatically or put some sort of ridiculous limitations of what people do they will start downloading again...without paying.

Not really much to worry about IMO.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Music went streaming
TV went streaming
Why can’t games? It seems logical. Why are brehs so anti this? :jbhmm:
To outright replace it? Nah, not yet because outside of maybe YOUR good internet speeds, there's huge markets in other parts of the world that doesn't have great internet access. Why sabotage that? Streaming games will inevitably be antiquated at some point down the line but right now? nah. If streaming got so good the quality can be practically imperceptible to the same thing running natively then that'd be nice but I'd bet a big portion of people won't have the luxury to even use it.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think the focus on streaming is the wrong way to go. There will always likely be a slight delay which kills it for guys like me who enjoy playing games like fight night, street fighter or forza.

It should be like gamepass, just download the files whenever wanted and be good to go.
yep, streaming shouldn't be necessary if everyone has the hardware to run it locally

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Music went streaming
TV went streaming
I don’t think many people will have the WiFi required to stream some intensive 4K shyt, even in the next 10 years. I’m talking globally

They’d cut up their market.

The “always online” console idea got bodied and its 2018. Forced connectivity just shouldn’t be a thing yet.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Streaming music, movies and games... not owning anything. this is the future? :mjlol:

I guess we can't fight it but it kills the retail game and a lot of other side business. can't say i'm a fan. I often resell my games i'm not into leasing as opposed to owning things I buy. the convenience is cool but ultimately it will be costly.

no internet might mean no play and you can't really collect or catalogue anything effectively. meh

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Music went streaming
TV went streaming
have fun handing down digital collections to next gens. everything being all digital effectively mean we don't own anything. As soon as you stop being your subs you cut off.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Music went streaming
TV went streaming
Not anti streaming, but shyt like input lag is quite a bit more important in games than movies and music.

Internet speeds is not there yet in terms of streaming huge game files in 4k.

And even when we do reach that point, I dont see internet providers not cashing out on those higher speeds with data caps.

With net neutrality being basically dead, I picture a different future as far as streaming.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Hey, fellas, all of you. You guys are like really smart and stuff.
And its cool that you don't want the world to evolve but the truth is you have no say in this. For starters, this whole "we moving to multiple devices" is not real because where can you do this today? Xbox live is trying to merge and allow multiple ways to play but that's not enough and its too new of an option for a topic like this to have an legs. I heard of steams upcoming moves as well. What YOU don't understand is when they release this new shyt, just like how you idiots complain about bezels while not caring that they monitor everything you do. Brehs, when your kids want to play the newest brainwashing videogame, they will say "dad, can we get X-flix its only $10 a month" you'll go sure kiddo. Cuz that's how easy it'll be to game.

I hear this one nikka named Courtdogstradamus said it would go down like SegaChannel...

The technology is not even new :snoop:

this video is so dope...phil Moore cameo, 90's colors and clothing

Sega channel was so dope, it was amazing at like 9 or 10 years old looking at being able to pick from so many games