Ubisoft Believes Next Gen Is the Last for Consoles as Microsoft Looks Beyond Platforms

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I'm assuming game streaming = my inputs uploaded to the host server that relays the resulting action as an image to my screen/device?

Latency issues shyt all over that concept.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Besides other factors that have already been mentioned like infrastructure and latency, he's talking like net neutrality didn't just get killed in the US.

Battlefield 1 is 100 gigs on my PS4 right now and games will only continue to get bigger. Laughable to think this will happen anytime in the near future.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Besides other factors that have already been mentioned like infrastructure and latency, he's talking like net neutrality didn't just get killed in the US.

Battlefield 1 is 100 gigs on my PS4 right now and games will only continue to get bigger. Laughable to think this will happen anytime in the near future.
Streaming a 10gb game in 4K is the same as streaming a 100gb game in 4K. The size of the game doesn’t matter, just the resolution.

I have shytty ass Comcast (and believe me, they are horrible), and I can stream 4K videos just fine. If I can do that, I’ll certainly be able to stream a 4K game.

Plus, everybody plays multiplayer games online, and it’s fine. I just don’t see what the problem is :yeshrug:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If gaming goes all digital, that $60 price point needs to go.

And spare me the "b-b-but games are so expensive to make now! :sadcam:"

I'm a consumer, I don't give a fukk about a pub/dev's budget :camby:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Consumers drive the market. Always remember that. What consumers demand, businesses supply. The demand is not out there for streaming the way it is for consoles. I'm ready to see.microsoft step up and try this so they can be buried once and for all.
Gamers don't understand this and its rather sad.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
The Netflix-esque GaaS model will gain more and more traction.
I think gamers would be more inclined to pay a subscription to have access to a whole library of games. It won't be streaming.

The only problem is whether or not each publisher will offer their own exclusive service and how much will each of them charge per month.

Last edited:

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:manny:It's getting to the point where you don't own shyt nowadays, even games. I'm prepared for such affairs by just going back to MMOs since I get my dollars worth, while focusing on the game that I truly enjoy.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Lol fukkers are stupid as hell. Microsoft will fall further behind. There's no need to assimilate the markets this way. People have options and still choose to be console gamers. Anyways, I don't see this happening.
it's a billion dollar industry -- that is literally the definition of a cash cow.

So these stupid journalists making up stories because that's what it is are trying to tell me all of the leading console manufacturers like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are suddenly going to stop selling something that makes them money in their sleep.

Xbox makes more money for Microsoft than the sales of Windows.

The article makes no sense.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
it's a billion dollar industry -- that is literally the definition of a cash cow.

So these stupid journalists making up stories because that's what it is are trying to tell me all of the leading console manufacturers like Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are suddenly going to stop selling something that makes them money in their sleep.

Xbox makes more money for Microsoft than the sales of Windows.

The article makes no sense.

Now I do believe that's what Microsoft is trying to do. I predicted it last year and posted about it. That's why I say let Microsoft find out the hard way. Phil Spencer is a fukking hack man...they need to get rid of him before it's too late.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Now I do believe that's what Microsoft is trying to do. I predicted it last year and posted about it. That's why I say let Microsoft find out the hard way. Phil Spencer is a fukking hack man...they need to get rid of him before it's too late.
microsoft are just embarrassing at times lol:snoop:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Streaming a 10gb game in 4K is the same as streaming a 100gb game in 4K. The size of the game doesn’t matter, just the resolution.

I have shytty ass Comcast (and believe me, they are horrible), and I can stream 4K videos just fine. If I can do that, I’ll certainly be able to stream a 4K game.

Plus, everybody plays multiplayer games online, and it’s fine. I just don’t see what the problem is :yeshrug:

Xfinity going to feast when everyone goes over their limit.