Uber and Lyft got these Taxi Drivers Bodying themselves

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
This is nonsense. Cap the number allowed to operate in Manhattan but leave the outer boroughs alone wtf

They think the green taxis will recoup the lost revenue that Uber/Lyft have taken in the other boroughs. I still think Uber is much cheaper no matter what. :mjlol:

Many people here far from the train lines and selfish yellow cab drivers regarded Uber as a godsend.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Before uber I had problems getting cabs man. I remebere one night ten years ago I got off the train after a party, needed a cab to get home. I was drink as fukk and needed to piss, couldn't get a cab ended up pissing in an alley. Some lady saw me and called the cops. I ran away and they never got me, but that whole situation came about because a cab didn't want to pick me up.

So fukk them all.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Maybe we should talk about why there are so many uber drivers in the first place. I imagine if Uber came out in the 80s or 90s, there wouldn't be a lot of uber drivers. Take a guess why? Because there were jobs. JOBs existed. And they paid. There's a reason that mostly foreigners drove cabs. Americans had it made in other industries. There just aren't enough good jobs anymore. I mean yeah, there's a lot of warehouse work that pays pennies. That just doesn't cut it.

Also, no one cared when they shut down factories that employed a lot of black men.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
This is nonsense. Cap the number allowed to operate in Manhattan but leave the outer boroughs alone wtf

They're just holding off on hiring new drivers and tlc licenses which in my opinion is a great thing. The streets are already crowded enough with Uber/Lyft/via/easytaxi/yellow cabs/green cabs/black cabs.... Every month over a thousand something people get their tlc license to start driving for Uber. That's thousands of more cars in streets, thousands more cars in traffic and taking up parking spaces, etc etc. The city already has at least 100k ride share drivers on the streets already. This cap was needed.

Daps
They already bought into the Medallion. Uber and other rideshare apps fell off in terms of payout after roping folks in with attractive payrates.
If you already went balls-deep to get into the cab game, switching to Uber would be financial suicide worse than switching industries altogether.

Its all fun and games till folks realize ride-share is killing another "career" in exchange for gig-level wages.

Great points. Wages have stagnated despite American workers being far more productive than they were in the past.

People have less disposable income for a variety of reasons so there's a push to make goods and services "cheaper." Keep people consuming but the cost is that jobs are lost and workers make less money to meet the demands for low priced goods. Amazon is another example... the Uber of shopping. Killing brick and mortars.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this is bullshyt, they bribed the politicians to make this happen!!! :why: So what happens to uber and lyft now make it illegal???

They put a cap on new drivers for a year to do a "study" on the impact of ride hailing services.

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Why can't cab drivers hop on the uber or lyft wave?? Unless they don't own a car, I can see why..
They do but the money isn’t the same. Ride share has fukked the game up for taxis and increased congestion. No one excerpt riders and the companies are winning. Ride share drivers aren’t making bank like that and they have to drive long ass hours for it to be worth it.