U.S. general predicts war with China in 2025, tells officers to get ready

Traveler

All Star
Daps
Just look how much money the US is pumping into Guam. There is a huge restructure of forces in the pacific. Check out the pacific deterrence initiative by DOD. Look at AUKUS and the Quad. It's not a joke at all. There is a defense contractor that asked DOD how they were going to get there people out of Taiwan if things go south. The response was a NEO. They said that's not good enough. They said pull them out now then.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Lmaooooooooooo @ Africa not being involved in a WW3 scenario.

Lol not only would every petty anti us dictator take the moment to clamp down on dissent and kill off opposition, the US and allied nations would literally have to conduct all types of operations to dislodge groups like Wagner PMC, PRC special forces and the IRGC, all of which are heavily involved in Africa RIGHT NOW. WW3 would probably be the hottest WW for Africa out of the 3

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Nobody tell the idiots here that Africa was involved in both previous world wars :mjlol:
That’s lowkey where the main proxy wars will be

It’s either the both of you lack basic understanding of the English language or geography.

Both world wars weren’t proxy wars - they were conventional wars. And African involvement didn’t go past willing Africans who were recruited from the colonies as cannon fodders to fight in North Africa, Europe & Asia and the battles fought in North Africa. And yes, there were no battlegrounds in sub Saharan Africa. The next one is also going to be the same.

If you’re alluding to the Cold War in terms of proxy wars - then you’d have a point.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It’s either the both of you lack basic understanding of the English language or geography.

Both world wars weren’t proxy wars - they were conventional wars. And African involvement didn’t go past willing Africans who were recruited from the colonies as cannon fodders to fight in North Africa, Europe & Asia and the battles fought in North Africa. And yes, there were no battlegrounds in sub Saharan Africa. The next one is also going to be the same.

If you’re alluding to the Cold War in terms of proxy wars - then you’d have a point.
I didn’t call the world wars proxy wars, and I don’t know why you questioning my understanding of geography or language

It’s most definitely will be big african battles in the next world war, east Africa might be the main battle field and west central and South African countries will be players in this war
Ain’t no neutral in the next war, you going to have to pick a side

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Lol not only would every petty anti us dictator take the moment to clamp down on dissent and kill off opposition, the US and allied nations would literally have to conduct all types of operations to dislodge groups like Wagner PMC, PRC special forces and the IRGC, all of which are heavily involved in Africa RIGHT NOW. WW3 would probably be the hottest WW for Africa out of the 3

This is wishful thinking borne out of lack of understanding of military warfare.

Highly doubt that. Russia and China are building interests all over Africa. No way in hell they aren't going to be involved in an "east/west" conflict. I'd think South America would be a better bet for avoiding conflict.

Most of you read too much propaganda. And perhaps you need to study more geography & military doctrine for context. Where are they even going to get the troops from while trying to hold more strategic axis in Europe, MENA & the Pacific? I don’t think a lot of you know the population of Africa & you must think it’s the medieval times when 1000 cacs can just pull up with cannon & guns & conquer large swathes of land.

And China has only one military base in Africa in Djibouti (US & a host of other European countries also have military bases there). Ditto Russia in Sudan.

Stop dreaming - it’s not plausible due to logistics & manpower. They will only try to recruit Africans to fight for them in other theatres like the two previous wars.

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
It wasn’t involved in the 1st 2 & apart from the coastal countries & hot spots in the Mediterranean & East Africa

That really isn't true. There were campaigns in North, West and East Africa. And Boeurs :scust: signed up to fight too

What history books have you been reading to think otherwise?

Last edited:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
I didn’t call the world wars proxy wars, and I don’t know why you questioning my understanding of geography or language

It’s most definitely will be big african battles in the next world war, east Africa might be the main battle field and west central and South African countries will be players in this war
Ain’t no neutral in the next war, you going to have to pick a side

I thought you said proxy wars (my bad, I read it wrong).

I already alluded to East Africa & Mediterranean (North Africa) in my post. And perhaps the coastal African countries for ship passage to other theatres.

No, there will be neutrals & African countries would stay neutral just like they’re doing now with Ukraine. It’s not their war.

None of these countries have the logistics & manpower to fight on different fronts & then fight all over Africa with how densely populated it’s unless African countries decide to involve themselves directly (which is wishful thinking).

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
That really isn't true. There were campaigns in in North, West and East Africa. And Boeurs :scust: signed up to fight too

What history books have you been reading to think otherwise?

I alluded to North Africa & that’s mostly cos of the Mediterranean.

People in colonies signing up to fight in other places & Africa as battleground are two completely different things. The Africans recruited fought in North Africa, Europe & Asia.

Is that too complex to grasp? I should be asking you about the history books you read.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I thought you said proxy wars (my bad, I read it wrong).

I already alluded to East Africa & Mediterranean (North Africa) in my post. And perhaps the coastal African countries for ship passage to other theatres.

No, there will be neutrals & African countries would stay neutral just like they’re doing now with Ukraine. It’s not their war.

None of these countries have the logistics & manpower to fight on different fronts & then fight all over Africa with how densely populated it’s unless African countries decide to involve themselves directly (which is wishful thinking).
They will be neutral until both sides start to supports insurgents and rebels, especially for countries that have strategic resources, foreign bases, and ports

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
They will be neutral until both sides start to supports insurgents and rebels, especially for countries that have strategic resources, foreign bases, and ports

War isn’t a video game. All those things were possible during the Cold War cos there was peace.

Let me tell you a little secret: 9 European countries were neutral from the beginning of WW2 till the end despite the fact that the rest of Europe was being destroyed.

Yes, there will be people from neutral countries going to fight for either side.

Just imagine any of the axis involved in the war trying to invade a country like, say, Nigeria which has over 200million people. How are they going to pull that off when you would need about 5-10million troops? How are they going to pull it off? Nigeria doesn’t even need too many sophisticated weapons - it just needs to give everyone there AK47 & it will be a slaughterhouse.

Logistics & manpower - always think about both.

TheMailMan

All Star
Daps
Just look how much money the US is pumping into Guam. There is a huge restructure of forces in the pacific. Check out the pacific deterrence initiative by DOD. Look at AUKUS and the Quad. It's not a joke at all. There is a defense contractor that asked DOD how they were going to get there people out of Taiwan if things go south. The response was a NEO. They said that's not good enough. They said pull them out now then.
Guam's always had a big us presence similar to the Philippines untill they got too greedy. That's why u see a lot of of people from guam in the military

Vandelay

Life is absurd. Lean into it.
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I don't buy it. If you're China you just witnessed Russia's global status and army get decimated by the US State Department and military weaponry. In a war that is essentially a home game against Ukraine. The US has been on the ground in Taiwan training their military for quite some time, they're heavily armed, and while the logistics of re-supplying Taiwan will be harder than re-supplying Ukraine it's not a herculean task.

China is significantly more rational and intelligent than Russia's government. I can't imagine them risking military conflict anymore in the near term. Economic and covid concerns are too dangerous right now. And frankly even if they didn't have those issues I don't think military conflict would be their ideal approach here. They could take Taiwan without firing a shot, over time.

Only accurate post in here.

If China tries to do anything militarily to Taiwan, off rip is going to attempt a blockade. That's one of the primary reasons why they want the island, they can control shipping traffic in the South China Sea.

The moment they do that, the US and west aren't to fire a single shell. They're just going to transfer funds from bank accounts.

Yeah...it will painful for the West, because yes China "assembles" materials for the West. Anyone who know anything about "manufacturing" knows that it's a global system. One country doesn't do everything, and China is no different. We're all in bed together. The difference and the reason why this would be incredibly dumb for China to do in the near term is China is in a much more vulnerable spot than the US and most NATO islands is because
  1. China doesn't grow most of their food or produce their own oil, a blockade on Taiwan creates a blockade on them. The oil stops, the food stops, the import of raw materials and complex materials stops going into China.
  2. China's economy is on shakier ground than the US. They are in more debt than the US.
  3. Their military isn't battle tested. Their last conflict was with Vietnam and they got their ass handed to them in the late 70s.
  4. Taiwan will burn the island down before China gets any boots on the ground.
  5. If China wanted to do anything militarily, it would be painfully obvious what they were doing months before and Taiwan would just fortify. It wouldn't be an easy time, but if Taiwan even knows what's going down 3 months before it occurs, Taiwan can fight back a lot of their forces. Invasions are incredibly tough to do, even more so when you see it happening months before it happens.
  6. Taiwan doesn't have nukes, but they've got plenty of missiles and air force too. People seem to forget yeah...Taiwan is 100 miles off the cost of China...but umm...China is 100 miles from Taiwan. If you don't think Taiwan wouldn't light up Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Fousho, Quangzhao AND A GANG of other 10 million plus cities you ain't never heard of then you really ain't looking at this objectively.
Not saying China won't inevitably try anything, but they need stronger regional partners before they can...their only guaranteed partnership is from North Korea. They need to lock up Pakistan, Iran, Russia and Saudi Arabia before they can even think about doing this forcefully.