U Remind Me of a Game That I Once Knew - Glock Purdy v Taylor Gang - Super Bowl LVIII game thread

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah they had to get the knockout early.Those first few drives they had KC on their heels but shot them selves in the foot.They weren’t up enough by the time Kansas City settled down they had no chance.That’s my feeling on it.
This I agree with, the Niners defense came out playing super fast and you can't play that way all 4 quarters. Second half, they looked spent. The failure to extend that 10-0 lead came back to bite them in the ass

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Kyle needs to stop being stubborn go out and get an elite QB. Purdy’s journey to the NFL is a good story n all but he’s not a guy that’s gonna carry your team over the hump. Same shyt 4 years ago when Kyle had Jimmy G.

Until Kyle finds his Mahomes…he’s gonna continue to keep falling short. :yeshrug:
:mjlol: trash takes

What you mean go out and get an elite QB, you want him to trade for Lamar or Josh Allen? Two guys who haven't been able to carry their team over the hump as well? Name the elite QBs currently playing that have rings. Burrow wasn't able to carry his team over the hump, Hurts wasn't, Allen and Lamar haven't even made a SB. Saying Kyle just needs to "find his Mahomes" as if Mahomes isn't the greatest QB of all time :heh:

Past 10 SBs have been won by 5 QBs. Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford and Nick Foles. You don't just "find" the first 3 guys, and Purdy has played at the level of the other 2.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:mjlol: trash takes

What you mean go out and get an elite QB, you want him to trade for Lamar or Josh Allen? Two guys who haven't been able to carry their team over the hump as well? Name the elite QBs currently playing that have rings. Burrow wasn't able to carry his team over the hump, Hurts wasn't, Allen and Lamar haven't even made a SB. Saying Kyle just needs to "find his Mahomes" as if Mahomes isn't the greatest QB of all time :heh:

Past 10 SBs have been won by 5 QBs. Peyton Manning, Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, Matthew Stafford and Nick Foles. You don't just "find" the first 3 guys, and Purdy has played at the level of the other 2.
Totally agree with this. Purdy didn't play poorly IMO. It did feel like Shanahan tried to put the game on his back and forgot that CMC is his best offensive weapon. Very odd gameplan.

premier58

All Star
Daps
They played the Patriots. They were underdogs bc of Foles
My bad, I misread.it. I didnt realize that it said underdog.in division round, conference championship round and the SB. I am still shocked that the Falcons were.favored in Philly for that div round game in the 2017 playoffs.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kyle needs to stop being stubborn go out and get an elite QB. Purdy’s journey to the NFL is a good story n all but he’s not a guy that’s gonna carry your team over the hump. Same shyt 4 years ago when Kyle had Jimmy G.

Until Kyle finds his Mahomes…he’s gonna continue to keep falling short. :yeshrug:

I can definitely see him winning a Super Bowl later in his coaching career. Andy Reid might be a coaching genius but having a QB like Mahomes makes shyt so much easier for him.

Never in my life I thought the Chiefs would go on to have a dynasty like run but here we are :francis:
It's not like they just lying around. That's literally the most coveted thing in the league. You will almost never get one in free agency. You don't get lotto picks going to NFC chip games every year. They have traded for what they thought was their elite QB twice now. Purdy has done about as much as you can ask of any QB in their first 2 years. Also we can't act like Nick Foles, Eli Manning, Peyton's corpse, Matt Stafford (yeah I said it) haven't won SBs.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
The best
:francis: They ask kyle why would u take the OT kick first,,, he said analytics

These coaches and this analytics shyt

Stop looking at numbers and pay attention to common sense and who u playing
just like these nerd ass nikkas that was in the Mahomes GOAT thread…”well if you look at the Kenpom and NextGen stats, there a multitude of QBs are leaps and bounds better than Mahomes.”

:camby:
FOH dweeb. My eyes tell me he better than all these dudes past and present. imo, if you don’t know the formula to determine these metrics, fukk out my face talkin bout ‘em

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The whole league was washed. Not 1 team looked dominant this season including KC.

Yet KC did it again. :francis:

Teams have had KC on the ropes but can't put them away. What does need to stop is people thinking seeding, O&D stats, home field etc is some guarantee of playoff victory because it's really not.

premier58

All Star
Daps
The best

just like these nerd ass nikkas that was in the Mahomes GOAT thread…”well if you look at the Kenpom and NextGen stats, there a multitude of QBs are leaps and bounds better than Mahomes.”

:camby:
FOH dweeb. My eyes tell me he better than all these dudes past and present. imo, if you don’t know the formula to determine these metrics, fukk out my face talkin bout ‘em
Aint nothing dweebish or dorkish about me, dawg at all. Truth is the truth. Brady and Manning are the two best by the perfomance metrics. Also Mahomes came through like a champion in the end, but before that muffed punt, he had almost went 5 quarters without a touchdown!! Bu bu bu, but eye test....

Georgiamuscle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Rise up!
Breh, he said underdogs in the divisional round..Eagles played the Falcons in the divisional round after ATL beat the LAR in the Wild Card.

My bad, I misread.it. I didnt realize that it said underdog.in division round, conference championship round and the SB. I am still shocked that the Falcons were.favored in Philly for that div round game in the 2017 playoffs.
You good breh. I think they had Philly as the underdogs bc of our (Falcons) success in 2016 and they figured we would build upon it the next year. That Philly team was still unproven and had Foles leading the way

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Lot of missed holding calls on both sides
I thought so too but didn't mind it. As long as they're letting both sides get away with it then fukk it let em play. While I screamed at the TV a couple of times mad at some no calls also had a few times of thinking they could've called some shyt on the Chiefs that they lead slide. Wish more games were called like last night's where it really felt like the players decided it.

49ers got to feel sick. Even today I'm just thinking about how there were so many individual plays that if it went the other way would've resulted in a Chiefs loss. Got lucky as hell to escape with a win. Great game overall. Insane to win back to back championships in what were supposed to be the rebuilding years.