U Remind Me of a Game That I Once Knew - Glock Purdy v Taylor Gang - Super Bowl LVIII game thread

Who will win Super Bowl LVIII?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I'm not sure if I've ever seen anyone to fully cover this play from the CFL to college to the pros lol

:whoo:

It’s honestly such a good little route, surprised not more coaches don’t go to it

i had to do it breh
u know who else scored on a variation of that play

That’s another wrinkle, fake the end around motion, get the eyes and feet moving one way

Trent Williams and CMC cost them this game at the beginning.They had to get that early cushion.That was the whole plan.I think they get 14 points on those opening drives without the penalties and the fumble.Turnovers in the Superbowl knocks down half ya health immediately.

The defense giving up two long drives to end the 4th quarter and ot is right there

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Kyle needs to stop being stubborn go out and get an elite QB. Purdy’s journey to the NFL is a good story n all but he’s not a guy that’s gonna carry your team over the hump. Same shyt 4 years ago when Kyle had Jimmy G.

Until Kyle finds his Mahomes…he’s gonna continue to keep falling short. :yeshrug:

I can definitely see him winning a Super Bowl later in his coaching career. Andy Reid might be a coaching genius but having a QB like Mahomes makes shyt so much easier for him.

Never in my life I thought the Chiefs would go on to have a dynasty like run but here we are :francis:

Brock may some really good throws, keep in mind the back to back sb champ was in a blender for most of this game, I’m not saying Brock is pat, but he was doing just as good, given both teams had outstanding defenses, and at one point Debo and kittle went down, also his best wrs had 2 and 3 receptions respectively, and cmc had more touches than they did

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Yea this feels like a perfect example of media people not being able to talk football so they reach for low hanging fruit criticism instead. Why wouldn't you take the ball first against Mahomes regardless of the rules? Not just because he's Mahomes, but because your defense just got off the field in regulation and needed some rest. That's a pretty basic coaching decision to me. And people can't even bring up analytics because this was literally the first OT under the new rules.

There were plenty of questionable Shanahan decisions in that game, including the very first play of OT. Taking the ball first wasn't one of them.

Taking the ball first in OT is a massive mistake if your guaranteed a possession. Full stop.

- You can't win the game even if you get a TD.
- You can lose the game on that first possession though if the opposing defense scores.
- If you get a FG, the opposing team knows exactly what they have to accomplish. The Chiefs knew they were in 4 down territory on that entire drive. That allowed them to call plays differently.

Dumb, dumb dumb.

DropTopDoc

Daps
Reppin
Taking the ball first in OT is a massive mistake if your guaranteed a possession. Full stop.

- You can't win the game even if you get a TD.
- You can lose the game on that first possession though if the opposing defense scores.
- If you get a FG, the opposing team knows exactly what they have to accomplish. The Chiefs knew they were in 4 down territory on that entire drive. That allowed them to call plays differently.

Dumb, dumb dumb.

I mean his defense just got gashed, and needed a breather

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They were literally winning most of the game, again i say the defense gave up two late drives
Nah they had to get the knockout early.Those first few drives they had KC on their heels but shot them selves in the foot.They weren’t up enough by the time Kansas City settled down they had no chance.That’s my feeling on it.