Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
For some reason it irks me that the main character talks without an accent. He's not convincing as an Arab without an accent.

Jamal for his fukkery and his wife for her :noah: is the only reason I'm sticking around.

Jamal son might be on the fukkery come up too tho

jdubnyce

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
t-dot till they bury me
For some reason it irks me that the main character talks without an accent. He's not convincing as an Arab without an accent.

Jamal for his fukkery and his wife for her :noah: is the only reason I'm sticking around.

Jamal son might be on the fukkery come up too tho

his wife is :noah: status too, but his mom :whew::whoo::damn:
4827193+_06d5b65cf3f41a5b4a3df18f56196fdb.gif

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Saw the latest episode, first impressions, damn they really are making Muslims look like a$$holes.:wtf:

The son :aidisgust: Do gay nikkas act like bytches though?:lupe:

Talking about called you 12 times. :aidisgust: His whole story line needs to be thrown in the bushes.

The wife :camby:Her fukken face annoys me. This is her expression :dwillhuh:through the whole show.

The daughter :aicmon::camby:

For real though, they really were like how many Muslim stereotypes can we fit into this show.
I didn't know the creator was Jewish. #thatagenda brehs

Ok I am going to predict what is going to happen in the next episode or coming episodes , the son is going to rape his wife and she will kill herself or some shyt.
The reporter's daughter is going to die at the rally and she will be world wide news like that one chick a couple of years ago.

That reporter nikka is going to be all like "fukk you Fayyids" and join that opposition.

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Last esp was wack as fukk. And there spending too much time with that gay stoty line.

Jamal wife is superbad though

Khadafhi

50 States
Daps
Reppin
Omaha's Flyest
I'm sticking around hoping it gets better, but that main actor playing Barry fukking sucks...dude has ZERO screen presence and is too stiff...the other actors on the show are acting circles around him and he's supposed to be the main character:beli:

Also, the story is somewhat racist/capitalist driven...all the writing does is make America/western values (Barry) look like a good-hearted, conscientious nice guy while the Arab people (Jamal and others) are barbaric, evil, nasty rulers...the stereotypes are plentiful on this show and actually studying history and knowing people from the Middle East, life on this show is far from the truth and feels like Western white propaganda...

That being said, I'll give this show a few more chances before I toss it for good...maybe its just stumbling out the gate, but they need to fix the stereotypical writing and the main character...they will kill the show

Its written by the same person who made Homeland. He's also a fakkit ass jew from Israel:manny:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:upsetfavre:I thought the show was gonna lead to the main character being a more vicious ruler than his pops and brother but its looking like the adopted american son saving his family from their stereotypical barbaric muslim roots

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they could just focus on Super Based Goon Jamal and his badass wife:whew: But, I don't like the Bassam/Barry actor:ehh:, and, I absolutely despise his cac entitled family:pacspit: And, why is everybody speaking perfect English:patrice:, if the show's set in a "fictional" Arab country:lupe:

Last edited:

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
These one dimensional characters man :upsetfavre:

The bratty entitled gay kid :comeon:

The wise-ass daughter :usure:

The dumb wife :beli:

The generic and stereotypical dialogue :why:

The scared arab pesants :mjpls:

The American savior :cape:

I think I'm done with this:trash:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched the most recent episode and I'm out. Nothing in the show grabs me and even if it gets better I'm not that interested in seeing where it goes. Plus I have too many other shows I am watching right now.