Tyrant (FX Series/Official Thread)

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
Good episode. :smugdraper:

Barry's whole family needs to go. Wife hurts my eyeballs, :huhldup: Wild mango son. :aidisgust:

All need to get on that plane back to the states. :camby:

That cac that plays Barry sounds exactly and I mean exactly like Jack from Lost. Any Lost watchers agree?:lupe:

Jamal my nikka though.

He's like a combination of Jack and Gary Dell'Abate

266x400xgary_reeses.jpg.pagespeed.ic.o8amvBfVaC.jpg
402jack.jpg

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
is this even worth watching besides the thots

I'm sticking around hoping it gets better, but that main actor playing Barry fukking sucks...dude has ZERO screen presence and is too stiff...the other actors on the show are acting circles around him and he's supposed to be the main character:beli:

Also, the story is somewhat racist/capitalist driven...all the writing does is make America/western values (Barry) look like a good-hearted, conscientious nice guy while the Arab people (Jamal and others) are barbaric, evil, nasty rulers...the stereotypes are plentiful on this show and actually studying history and knowing people from the Middle East, life on this show is far from the truth and feels like Western white propaganda...

That being said, I'll give this show a few more chances before I toss it for good...maybe its just stumbling out the gate, but they need to fix the stereotypical writing and the main character...they will kill the show

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Good God that episode was terrible. Unless that main character takes a slug to the dome, I'm done with this show...good job mods for unsticking this garbage :camby:

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
This shyt got me like :beli:

Why they let Barry be a bytch boy to his wife tho? Needs to slap her the fukk up.

Done with this shyt. :camby:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ain't watched this show, but I will say this.

Gideon Raff was originally the main writer, he did the Israeli series that "Homeland" is based on. "Hatufim" is a great dramatic series.

At some point they brought in Howard Gordon (who worked on "Homeland") and a lot of shyt changed, and Raff bounced.

So this show had a lot of potential.

Fred.