Tyler Perry Makes History Again

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look I ain't gonna front, I've talked with movie distributors who said they are looking for more black filmmakers because of TP's success. His success has opened the doors for more black filmmakers to get a chance. I'm not mad at that, but that doesn't mean we've got to pretend that his movies are good. It kind of irks me that people pretend that his movies are great just cuz they are successful. Vanilla Ice sold 8 million records in the 90's does that mean he was a great rapper? He did sell more records than Rakim and Big Daddy Kane. I can acknowledge his success as long as we don't lie to ourselves and act like he is great filmmaker.

:snoop:

who is better than who is purely subjective...

the point...and the only point i and other people have been making is that somebody out there enjoys tyler perry movies....eventhough you nikkas dont

no matter what you say or critics have to say...somebody out there is paying to go see them...the nikka hasnt made one flop....in 7 yrs...13 movies in a row...that have made money...what other film maker can say that? his movies cost less than 10 milli to make and his avg gross is about 50 milli....:mindblown:

Tyler Perry Movie Box Office Results

nobody said you have to like him or his movies...but just because you or some critic doesnt...doesnt invalidate the millions who pay to see his movies...it doesnt make them wrong

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
nikka hating and not liking something is two different things. Hence, I hate Lil Wayne fukk that nikka compared to I don't like Lil Wayne's music. nikkaz come in a thread that was made to give a nikka props just to tell people they don't like dude? That's hating nikka.

:what:

Dude posted a Ebert article stating that the movie was shytty,that's not hating.Every time somebody states a criticism of TP's directing style TP apologists start talking about the nikkas pockets like that changes the fact his movies are for the most part ass.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dude posted a Ebert article stating that the movie was shytty,that's not hating.Every time somebody states a criticism of TP's directing style TP apologists start talking about the nikkas pockets like that changes the fact his movies are for the most part ass.

again: your opinion or eberts opinion...is just that an opinion...:yeshrug:

everybody has one...everybody is entitled to one...

the movie made 22 milli this weekend :yeshrug:....obviously there are people who disagree with you and ebert :yeshrug: :krs:

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
again:these are solely your opinions....the fact that people continue to pay to see his movies...says to me that there are people that enjoy them...

nikkas like you kill me...becuz you think your opinion is the only one that counts
It's a fact that Scorsese and Tarantino are on a totally different level,nobody asks them to step out their lane because they're great at it.I'm sorry that the fact that the biggest black director in hollywood constantly puts out C level movies revolving around the same basic ass themes bothers me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a fact that Scorsese and Tarantino are on a totally different level,nobody asks them to step out their lane because they're great at it.I'm sorry that the biggest black director in hollywood constantly puts out C level movies revolving around the same basic ass themes.

post a source for this 'fact'...

im at work...i have all night....i'll wait...:ufdup:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM

the point...and the only point i and other people have been making is that somebody out there enjoys tyler perry movies....eventhough you nikkas dont

no matter what you say or critics have to say...somebody out there is paying to go see them...the nikka hasnt made one flop....in 7 yrs...13 movies in a row...that have made money...what other film maker can say that? his movies cost less than 10 milli to make and his avg gross is about 50 milli....:mindblown:

nobody said you have to like him or his movies...but just because you or some critic doesnt...doesnt invalidate the millions who pay to see his movies...it doesnt make them wrong

Because someone wants something doesnt mean that product isnt TERRIBLE. Adam Sandler movies continue to make money and he hasnt put out a decent one in a long time. More people watched shytty reality shows than The Wire, does that mean those reality shows were better than The Wire?

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
post a source for this 'fact'...

im at work...i have all night....i'll wait...:ufdup:

Quentin-Tarrantino-poses-with-his-award-for-best-original-screenplay-at-the-Governors-Ball-following-the-Oscars-at-the-Dolby-Theatre-.jpg

Martin-Scorsese-at-the-Oscars.jpg

Don't be a troll.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because someone wants something doesnt mean that product isnt TERRIBLE. Adam Sandler movies continue to make money and he hasnt put out a decent one in a long time. More people watched shytty reality shows than The Wire, does that mean those reality shows were better than The Wire?

not at all...but it doesnt invalidate the fact that somebody somewhere enjoys shytty reality shows, as you call them...

what you and people like you in this thread want to do is invalidate the fact that there are actually people who enjoy his movies...simply becuz you dont like them...

which i think is BS :birdman:

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
thats not a fact of anything...

you sir dont know the difference between an opinion and a fact...

monique, eminem, and three-six have won oscars....whats your point? :ld:

If you truly believe TP is on the level of Scorsese and Tarantino I'm wasting my time arguing with a stan...However,I know this isn't the case and you're just :troll:'n right now.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you truly believe TP is on the level of Scorsese and Tarantino I'm wasting my time arguing with a stan...However,I know this isn't the case and you're just :troll:'n right now.

why does he have to be as good as scosese or tarantino?

mario chalmers isnt as good as chris paul or rondo....does that mean he shouldnt play?

your logic is flawed...severely...

he should disregard the people who like and pay to see his movies...because critics and nikkas like you dont think theyre good enough? :skip:

you cant be serious....

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC

It is a matter of opinion

It is a matter of opinion I do agree. But again critical success and financial success when it comes to movies are two different things. They are plenty of great movies that didn't make money at the box office and vice versa there are plenty of shyt movies (Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill) that made money at the box office despite it being utter shyt. Based on finances alone TP is the most successful film maker of the past few years. I'm not in any way shape or form arguing that fact from a financial standpoint. But anybody who know films know that from a critical standpoint his movies are trash. Saying he is a great filmmaker cuz his films make money is like saying Robert Horry is a better player than Magic, Jordan, Kobe cuz he has more rings. And I don't care how much one knows about basketball there is no argument on this planet that can justify Horry being better than any of the guys I named.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is a matter of opinion

It is a matter of opinion I do agree. But again critical success and financial success when it comes to movies are two different things. They are plenty of great movies that didn't make money at the box office and vice versa there are plenty of shyt movies (Adam Sandler's Jack and Jill) that made money at the box office despite it being utter shyt. Based on finances alone TP is the most successful film maker of the past few years. I'm not in any way shape or form arguing that fact from a financial standpoint. But anybody who know films know that from a critical standpoint his movies are trash. Saying he is a great filmmaker cuz his films make money is like saying Robert Horry is a better player than Magic, Jordan, Kobe cuz he has more rings.

i agree...

and i dont think i ever said he was the greatest filmmaker doing it...

i think he has an audience and he gives them what they want...

unless the over black female over 30 church crowd dries up...tyler perry will be around for a very long time...

FukkaPaidEmail

Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
why does he have to be as good as scosese or tarantino?

mario chalmers isnt as good as chris paul or rondo....does that mean he shouldnt play?

your logic is flawed...severely...

he should disregard the people who like and pay to see his movies...because critics and nikkas like you dont think theyre good enough? :skip:

you cant be serious....

Mario Chalmers has physical limitations that doesn't allow him to be as good as CP3 and Rondo.Ain't shyt physically or monetarily holding Perry back from making better movies.He chooses to continue pumping out C level movies because he knows his fan base will eat it up.He doesn't want to take an artistic risk.That's what I have a problem with.