Tyler Perry Makes History Again

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
this is bs...he been making movies for about 10 yrs now...where are the copy cats?

now if you were talking about his plays...then i would agree...but his movies? youre wrong

I already gave you an example.

And movies are EXPENSIVE to make. A play not quite so much.

There are other black directors out their but they just don't hire an all black cast like TP does nor make as much money. As someone else noted to earlier Fuqua has a movie coming out that looks really good. TP is the go to in Hollywood for his demographic. Maybe we should be asking wy more black directors don't make movies with all black cast instead of being upset at TP for not liking what he does with an all black cast.

They used to in the 90's. Lots of movies had black casts.

And they weren't movies with predictable plots and endings.

But they don't necessarily fit TP's demo.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already gave you an example.

And movies are EXPENSIVE to make. A play not quite so much.

They used to in the 90's. Lots of movies had black casts.

And they weren't movies with predictable plots and endings.

But they don't necessarily fit TP's demo.

breh just leave it alone, no one is the question or critique what a brother does especially if he makes money its c00ning and hating

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
:upsetfavre:come on you know what i'm talking about, tyler perry wouldn't see 1% of what he's making now off black women if he made a scifi

:beli: Seriously, breh, you are stereotyping black women as if they don't have any other taste for other genre beside DRAMA. Their are women that are into all kinds of films, fam.

King Poetic

Yeah I’m Washed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Lakes
No surprise.. I haven't seen the movie just the trailer and u already know.

1. Black woman with a good man who sometimes forget shyt like we all do... nikka forgot to bring home a bottle of heinz ketchup and she's mad or he brings her a 14k gold bracelet for her birthday and it's not the 20k and she's mad

2. some player nikka at her job or church, etc, etc, throws some b.s. line like " why your man didn't come to the concert, play or church with u.. if u was my woman i'll never leave your side until we die and even then i'll tell them to bury me on top of you." Or some other bullshyt these broads fall for

3. they start to hang out more and more and she catch feelings because her man didn't touch her in the last 3 days, so she fuk and suk this nikka off and when they done she start having bad feelings and this other nikka catching feelings and think he got guaranteed puzzy on lock.

4. she try to break it off and the nikka go crazy and start stalking and her man finds out and now these nikka fighting over a smut who mind doesn't know her azz from a hole in a wall

then it probably ends with her husband killing the nikka and they live happy ever after and her husband become more of a simp licking his wife panties and doing everything the other dude did and even more..

SPIKE-LEE-MAD.gif

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
He is a black man making his money legally, he gets my respect. Wasn't he homeless at one point in his life? As for his shows and movies, not a fan, way too predictable, not my cup of tea.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:beli: Seriously, breh, you are stereotyping black women as if they don't have any other taste for other genre beside DRAMA. Their are women that are into all kinds of films, fam.

There's been some black movies that were praised by crtics, but did poor box office numbers b/c black ppl didn't go see/support them. And at the end of the day, we all know black women go to the movies more than black men.

No surprise.. I haven't seen the movie just the trailer and u already know.

1. Black woman with a good man who sometimes forget shyt like we all do... nikka forgot to bring home a bottle of heinz ketchup and she's mad or he brings her a 14k gold bracelet for her birthday and it's not the 20k and she's mad

2. some player nikka at her job or church, etc, etc, throws some b.s. line like " why your man didn't come to the concert, play or church with u.. if u was my woman i'll never leave your side until we die and even then i'll tell them to bury me on top of you." Or some other bullshyt these broads fall for

3. they start to hang out more and more and she catch feelings because her man didn't touch her in the last 3 days, so she fuk and suk this nikka off and when they done she start having bad feelings and this other nikka catching feelings and think he got guaranteed puzzy on lock.

4. she try to break it off and the nikka go crazy and start stalking and her man finds out and now these nikka fighting over a smut who mind doesn't know her azz from a hole in a wall

then it probably ends with her husband killing the nikka and they live happy ever after and her husband become more of a simp licking his wife panties and doing everything the other dude did and even more..

httmg][/quote]

:wow:

If this isn't what happened in this movie....it'll happen in the next one.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
i gave up trying to reason with some of these cats...

its a lost cause...

im just here to troll now :blessed:

My posting style.
Sorry bruh, not tryna hate, or sound conceited....but to me much of TP's audience is a low-brow audience who has no appreciation or recognization of & for great acting performances. There's a time and place for low-brow, overly predictable, mindless movies(shoot em up action films, slapstick comedies etc)......but it seems like most of his are to me

I remember when my mom wanted to go some one of those MAdea movies, so I went with her. And I went into it with an open mind, but midway thru I was :snoop: at some of the acting. Keisha Knight Pulliam pllaying a struggling addict was :facepalm: The crying came off campy, cheesy. Just made me roll my eyes. And I wanted to it to be good...but it just wasn't. Now the Madea scenes were funny. I'll admit that, no hate.

But what's sad is, I'm sure she could pull it off with better direction and a better script.

Black people who like great performances from Sidney Potier, Morgan Freeman, Denzel, Forest Whitaker, etc are NOT Tyler Perry's audience. Not saying they can't enjoy both, but there's not much crossover there

Come on now, you're better then this

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
My posting style.

Come on now, you're better then this

it's true.

And I didnt say all, I said much. And much is true. Much of Tyler Perry's audience is not an audience that appreciates great cinematic performances....if they did then other black movies(better than TP movies) would do better than they do.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
nikkas kill me with the "hating" word..We can't criticize Obama when he does some fukk nikka shyt,we can't say shyt about horrible music and now we can't criticize Tyler Perry because his movies are making money...fukk that,his movies are horrible and I don't care if goofy ass ho's are making him rich,imma call a spade a spade...

Don't compare Tarantino and Scoresese to Perry,nobody asks those two to branch out and do anything different because they are good at what they do.What is Perrys Pulp Fiction or Goodfellas?Please kill those comparisons,shyt makes 0 sense.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Look I ain't gonna front, I've talked with movie distributors who said they are looking for more black filmmakers because of TP's success. His success has opened the doors for more black filmmakers to get a chance. I'm not mad at that, but that doesn't mean we've got to pretend that his movies are good. It kind of irks me that people pretend that his movies are great just cuz they are successful. Vanilla Ice sold 8 million records in the 90's does that mean he was a great rapper? He did sell more records than Rakim and Big Daddy Kane. I can acknowledge his success as long as we don't lie to ourselves and act like he is great filmmaker.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
nikkas kill me with the "hating" word..We can't criticize Obama when he does some fukk nikka shyt,we can't say shyt about horrible music and now we can't criticize Tyler Perry because his movies are making money...fukk that,his movies are horrible and I don't care if goofy ass ho's are making him rich,imma call a spade a spade...

Don't compare Tarantino and Scoresese to Perry,nobody asks those two to branch out and do anything different because they are good at what they do.What is Perrys Pulp Fiction or Goodfellas?Please kill those comparisons,shyt makes 0 sense.

nikka hating and not liking something is two different things. Hence, I hate Lil Wayne fukk that nikka compared to I don't like Lil Wayne's music. nikkaz come in a thread that was made to give a nikka props just to tell people they don't like dude? That's hating nikka.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

again:these are solely your opinions....the fact that people continue to pay to see his movies...says to me that there are people that enjoy them...

nikkas like you kill me...becuz you think your opinion is the only one that counts