Tyler Perry Makes History Again

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
This isn't directing at you ego but do people ask Wes Craven to branch out of horrors? Do people ask Tarantino to branch out of western style action flicks? Do people ask M Night Shyamalan to branch from super natural flicks? Why as black folks do we always put unfair expectations on one another? White people do this enough but do we have to help them out? TP got rich off these type flicks and his fans LOVE him and made him rich. So all you cats in here bytching and asking him to switch his style up, why should he? And be real, nothing he will do will ever be supported by you because some of his movies are different from Diary of a Mad Black Woman which I'm sure is the only movie his haters on here have seen. We kill each other in the streets, don't support black business and don't support our leaders. nikkas on here hate Obama, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Tavis Smiley, Roland Martin, Steve Harvey etc but alot of you nikkas love some Tommy Sotamayor . :snoop:

:salute: this nikka...

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
TP is a high level c00n

disgusting @ people going to see his trash movies. On top of the high level c00nery and stereotypes in the movies, they are just bad bad movies as well

:pacspit: @ that c00n fakkit

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
:what: how can you niccas sit here and put down this brotha for making very successful films with an all black cast? Yeah ok he does perpetuate some stereotypes but I guess you would rather a white do it and get rich? HE OWNS and has full ownership of all of his films as well as owning his own studio that employs alot of people. Why hate this black man? He isn't waiting in some Hew to tell him to go, he is his own boss and Lions Gate only distributed his films, that's boss sh1t. He is eating the loaf and crumbs, it isn't just some accident that his studio caught on fire 2 times in less than 3 months.
Let him live n1ggers.

We b1tch and complain about culture thieving crackkkas being successful and white people supporting any bullsh1t that's white but as soon as a black man has his people fully supporting him we complain... Smh

Because he's making us all look bad. Keep up. :childplease2:

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
:beli: Seriously, breh, you are stereotyping black women as if they don't have any other taste for other genre beside DRAMA. Their are women that are into all kinds of films, fam.

:comeon:

We're talking about black women, ok? Not individuals...the entire group.

Most black women weren't checking for Flight, Argo, or Lincoln.

But this slop?

Steve Piffler

I got them CERTS
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Naw he ain't there yet, he ain't on no Steven Spielberg level of clout. He gotta get them gross numbers up per flick. Also people still really only know and recognize him stricly for the Madea movies but like i said its an evolution. I think at a certain point the smart play for him will be to wean off the Madea movie's while increasing these type of movies...do a few other genres too like comedy and horror, and get more white people as the focus of some of his movies instead of pigeonholing himself to the black demographic.

and he needs to take his name off of every fukking film he makes...:snoop:

"Tyler Perry's Butthole Bandits"

:lolbron:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Women in general aren't checking for those movies either :umad:

White women eat up those girly flicks with Matthew Mcconaughey and Kate Hudson, and black women eat up these Tyler Perry flicks. It is what it is, nikkas need to let them women eat and stop bytching, got damn. Anybody every hear a white person say Sex and The City makes us white women all look like whores?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
White women eat up those girly flicks with Matthew Mcconaughey and Kate Hudson, and black women eat up these Tyler Perry flicks. It is what it is, nikkas need to let them women eat and stop bytching, got damn. Anybody every hear a white person say Sex and The City makes us white women all look like whores?
but sex and the city atleast has good writing (or atleast thats what ive been told) this nikkas movies are trash, and its the same thing everytime. Just cause he is rich and black dont mean I should support him.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps

but sex and the city atleast has good writing (or atleast thats what ive been told) this nikkas movies are trash, and its the same thing everytime. Just cause he is rich and black dont mean I should support him.

That's subjective as far as the writing goes and I don't support TP or Sex in The City because that shyt isn't my speed nor is it targeted for me. But I'm not gonna sit up and cry to the moon about why I hate Sex in the City or TP. A lot of nikkas be on a campaign to make people hate TP as much as they do and that shyt is foul.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
TP is capitalizing off the Cold War between Black men & women, and quiet as kept, has become a driving force behind it.

But y'all sumbytches are too busy arguing over dudes writing quality, shallow characters and box office figures.

Step outside the matrix. Please.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
TP is capitalizing off the Cold War between Black men & women, and quiet as kept, has become a driving force behind it.

But y'all sumbytches are too busy arguing over dudes writing quality, shallow characters and box office figures.

Step outside the matrix. Please.

Were the number of unwed black mothers lower before Tyler Perry started making films? Because I think that may have something to do with this "Cold War" between black men and women.

Binary

Banned
Daps

We're talking about black women, ok? Not individuals...the entire group.

Most black women weren't checking for Flight, Argo, or Lincoln.

But this slop?

Actually I watched Argo and Lincoln :umad:

_DC

D.C.
Daps
Reppin
Lower Delaware
I got a homeboy in ATL who works at lennox mall and he says tyler perry paid him 500 dollars to tongue kiss for 30 mins. Had a limo pick him up and everything.

He got a text that simply read "ki$$es"

Wait!...... "Had the limo pick him up and everything"!?!?!?
He went? :childplease:

:pachaha:.......
TP was in the jawn with homie like :myman: