Tyler Perry Makes History Again

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I hate his movies but props to the brother. Only reason I cheer for him is because everytime he is successful at something the Spike Lee stans find every way to hate on him. :russ:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
seriously....why do you care?

i said this in the other 5 tyler perry threads that have been made....

his audience is black women...do you think he gives a shyt that black men dont support his movies? or white men for that matter? men dont buy shyt anyway...they pirate everything. nikkas dont even support their favorite rapper...so please explain why he should cater to us? just off principle?

:usure:

let that man live.

Cosign
He made movies for us (Mr. Deeds and Daddy's Little Girls), yet we didn't support it. If ya really wanna get on that "Tyler Perry ain't shyt, there's no legit black movies", then start supporting films like "Great Debaters" or "Akeelah and the Bee". The Jackie Robinson movie is coming out next week, and an Angela Davis movie(Black Panther) is coming out this Friday. If you want change than start supporting the few legit films that come out.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrE6yJyMK_c[/ame]
In theaters this Friday.

iamstr8fire

Apex Predator
Daps
Reppin
In The Thunder and Rain
I watched it Friday with my wife and it was along the lines of what I expected. My standards are set so low for the dude that I'm genuinely surprised when he puts something together that approaches a decent film. It's clear who the movies are targeted at so its no big deal to me.

I do find it funny though that most of his movies are about religion and marriage but he isn't married. :dead:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good for him. Now, if only he can switch it up and make a horror or noir flick. :yeshrug:

Man On Fire

All Star
Daps
Reppin
nyc
:eat:

Tyler Perry's Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor exceeded expectations with $22.3 million from 2,047 locations (its per-theater average was nearly in line with G.I. Joe). While this is an overly specific statistic, it is still worth noting that this is the best start ever for a non-Madea, non-sequel Tyler Perry movie. It's also Perry's ninth movie ever to open over $20 million; the only two other directors who have that many $20 million debuts are Steven Spielberg and Robert Zemeckis.

Temptation is the 13th Tyler Perry movie released by Lionsgate in the last seven years, and they now have it down to a science. Still, Perry's more dramatic material has struggled a bit lately, so Temptation's success was a bit of a surprise. It's likely that the Easter release date had something to do with this: this is the fourth Perry movie to open on this weekend, and all four have opened over $20 million.

As usual for a Perry outing, the audience was overwhelmingly female (70 percent) and older (79 percent were 25 years of age or older), and they gave the movie a good "A-" CinemaScore.

:lift:

I don't like everything Tyler Perry makes but I don't hate him either :manny: he makes movies for Black Women and Church Folk, and he's able to employ alot of talented brothers and sisters :clap: and gives back to the community, so it is what it is?

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
Were the number of unwed black mothers lower before Tyler Perry started making films? Because I think that may have something to do with this "Cold War" between black men and women.

he clearly stated "capitalizing" off it you fukkin idiot

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
Actually I watched Argo and Lincoln :umad:

:beli: Ma, lets keep it one hunned. I love black women to death but the majority of y'all ain't trying to see no shyt like 'Lincoln' or 'Argo'. And as for the Tyler Perry thing, yes the n*gga's movies are trash but who gives a f*ck? I'm just proud to see a fellow black brother doing his thing :obama:

:mjpls: I ain't trying to pay to see any of his bullshyt though

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
I respect his hustle 100%, but u couldn't pay me to go see his movies

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
His movies are trash for all except his target audience. This holds true for 99% of the movies in theaters today. Every once in a while you"ll get a universally appealing movie, but other than that, directors target a specific audience.

Don't hate, let this man :cook: even if his movies never evolve, they are a starting place for plenty of black actors, and his entertainment empire can lead to more talented black directors making movies.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
It's crazy how they pin us all to liking one thing. I like action movies, historical based ones. I hate chick flicks and TP movies, just not my thing. Then again, I don't watch movies but TP makes these movies for a small percentage of black females out there.

:ld: You don't really believe that.

If you're a black female who hates TP movies, you're likely in the minority, keep it real.