Tyler Perry Makes History Again

Digga38

The seperation between what's fake and what's real
Daps
Reppin
Dub-C
The fukk :what:? He also said he is the driving force behind it bytch nikka. And fukk you and ya raggely ass mama nikka.

driving force as in keeping it going 'adding fuel to the fire' if you cant fukkin read stay off a message board

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Were the number of unwed black mothers lower before Tyler Perry started making films? Because I think that may have something to do with this "Cold War" between black men and women.

Probably not...but his foolishness damn sure ain't helping.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Tyler Perry is the Lil Wayne of film making. :scusthov: Straight overproducing trash, one right after the other. shyt is a conspiracy by the CIA to make people tolerant of ratchet behavior and destabilizing families. Tyler Perry is one of the main agents of doing that. Shame on him for making black folk look one-dimensional.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Tyler Perry is the Lil Wayne of film making. :scusthov: Straight overproducing trash, one right after the other. shyt is a conspiracy by the CIA to make people tolerant of ratchet behavior and destabilizing families. Tyler Perry is one of the main agents of doing that. Shame on him for making black folk look one-dimensional.

:usure:

Does any one black person define all of us? It's not his fault that another black director isn't showing other views of black folks. Y'all placing too much on this mans shoulders. Even if his movies were masterpieces he'd still only be showing his vision and ALL black people wouldn't agree.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Tyler Perry is the Lil Wayne of film making. :scusthov: Straight overproducing trash, one right after the other. shyt is a conspiracy by Tyler Perry to keep people tolerant of ratchet behavior so he can keep making this cheap garbage for a big profit. Tyler Perry is one of the main agents of doing that. Shame on him for making black folk look one-dimensional.

Fixed.

jfkennedy

Best After Bobby
Daps
Naw that's wrong. His movies appeal to older religious black women. Younger or non-religious black women think his shyt is trash like the rest of us.

Young like ...? 79% of the women being 25 or older isn't really that old to me, well, old to me is like 35 - 40.

At any rate, I know plenty of black women my age who enjoy TP movies (I'm 24). I wouldn't expect a woman on a male dominated hip-hop forum to think like they so, so once again, placing her in the minority.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
:what: how can you niccas sit here and put down this brotha for making very successful films with an all black cast? Yeah ok he does perpetuate some stereotypes but I guess you would rather a white do it and get rich? HE OWNS and has full ownership of all of his films as well as owning his own studio that employs alot of people. Why hate this black man? He isn't waiting in some Hew to tell him to go, he is his own boss and Lions Gate only distributed his films, that's boss sh1t. He is eating the loaf and crumbs, it isn't just some accident that his studio caught on fire 2 times in less than 3 months.
Let him live n1ggers.

We b1tch and complain about culture thieving crackkkas being successful and white people supporting any bullsh1t that's white but as soon as a black man has his people fully supporting him we complain... Smh

Nah, we hate him cause me makes profit off of trash and making the same movie, over and over again. He profits off of the misery of black people. You think that he has a "Malcolm X" or "School Daze" in him to produce? :bryan: You think that he would make a good Sci-Fi film as good as any Star Warss? Nah, he will make trash off of some Lil Wayne shyt that makes black men look like punks and bums. Can't defend that.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
His movies are trash for all except his target audience. This holds true for 99% of the movies in theaters today. Every once in a while you"ll get a universally appealing movie, but other than that, directors target a specific audience.

Don't hate, let this man :cook: even if his movies never evolve, they are a starting place for plenty of black actors, and his entertainment empire can lead to more talented black directors making movies.

That's what I think too. It is fairly easy to go to the movies and not have to see anything you don't want to. I went to see GI Joe Friday. I didn't give a damn about what was playing on the next screen. I really don't understand why it is so hard to let him do him and just not watch.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....

but sex and the city atleast has good writing (or atleast thats what ive been told) this nikkas movies are trash, and its the same thing everytime. Just cause he is rich and black dont mean I should support him.

:what: :wtf:

7DTly.gif

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Young like ...? 79% of the women being 25 or older isn't really that old to me, well, old to me is like 35 - 40.

At any rate, I know plenty of black women my age who enjoy TP movies (I'm 24). I wouldn't expect a woman on a male dominated hip-hop forum to think like they so, so once again, placing her in the minority.

The younger women I know(under 35) will watch his movies for a couple laughs. But it's all a joke, hell I enjoy some of the "madeas gonna shoot you" jokes. But they aren't his main supporters. They aren't the ones going to all his movies and buying all his dvd's and going to his plays.

My wife is 28 and she'll sit up and watch his stuff on Netflix, but she's almost always laughing at how horrible the stuff is

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I don't like everything Tyler Perry makes but I don't hate him either :manny: he makes movies for Black Women and Church Folk, and he's able to employ alot of talented brothers and sisters :clap: and gives back to the community, so it is what it is?

:lawd:

That's what I'm saying breh. For all the hate he gets who else is out here employing his people, making the movies he wants without any interference from outsiders? The answer is no one. Can't hate on that at all. It may not be Scorcese but I enjoy his films. Sometimes I want a simple feel good story. :manny: