Tyler Perry Makes History Again

Binary

Banned
Daps
:ld: You don't really believe that.

If you're a black female who hates TP movies, you're likely in the minority, keep it real.

It's not that I hate them, I've never seen one. Maybe like 5 mins of Diary of A Mad Black Woman or whatever.

I didn't know they were such a hit, I don't stay in the loop with these things.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't really like his movies, but I can't knock his hustle.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
That's what I think too. It is fairly easy to go to the movies and not have to see anything you don't want to. I went to see GI Joe Friday. I didn't give a damn about what was playing on the next screen. I really don't understand why it is so hard to let him do him and just not watch.

I see what your saying but at the same time, I dont think the other movies in the theaters are garbage, I just want to see one more than the other.

:what: :wtf:

7DTly.gif

this dude is not even trying to be a great director or producer,he is :deadhorse: with his overly religious black romantic comedies.He is so blatantly one dimensional its rediculous
The problem is the TP fans make it seem like if you arent supporting him, you are not doing your job as a black person by supporting one of the only few black filmakers. I dont care what color he is he only caters to one demographic because thats all he can do, I'm just saying until his movies get better... :pacspit: that goes for any of these wack as directors out here.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I see what your saying but at the same time, I dont think the other movies in the theaters are garbage, I just want to see one more than the other.

this dude is not even trying to be a great director or producer,he is :deadhorse: with his overly religious black romantic comedies.He is so blatantly one dimensional its rediculous
The problem is the TP fans make it seem like if you arent supporting him, you are not doing your job as a black person by supporting one of the only few black filmakers. I dont care what color he is he only caters to one demographic because thats all he can do, I'm just saying until his movies get better... :pacspit: that goes for any of these wack as directors out here.

alex-cross-poster03.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL

:usure::aicmon: thats the same movie where all his normal fans looked at that shyt like :aicmon: nikka put that dress back on.

What exactly are you complaining about? The guy tries something new and people complain. The guy stays in his lane and makes something that works, you complain and say he's 1-dimensional.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
What exactly are you complaining about? The guy tries something new and people complain. The guy stays in his lane and makes something that works, you complain and say he's 1-dimensional.
He is one dimensional becasue he SUCKS at making anything else. He is being hated on the most for retelling the same story and when he finally decides to switch it he is even worse. That is the definition of one dimensional

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
:beli:

:beli: most women are not into sci-fi much less black women. this is not another bash black women post so let's be real here.

The poster said NO black women are into is/would go see one. That is simply inaccurate. A man on message board cannot speak for ALL black women.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I will always give Tyler Perry kudos......Dude has access to his own studio which means that the possibilties of what kind of Black movies can be mad in the future are endless..

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Its ironic to call someone that is rich off black stereotyping "black excellence"

Every hustle is not a good one, just because he is successful doesn't call for celebration. One black man is rich but his legacy is c00ning not excellence.

Someone gets it. :salute:

c00nery of TP's level is sickening. People who think that he is close to Spike Lee or John Singleton are out of their minds. Like I said, he the Lil Wayne of film making that releases huge quantities of trash.

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I ain't mad at him, but it does annoy the shyt out of me in pop culture that the actual good acts can't get more popular and the so-so ones can stay popular as hell
but that is life

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its ironic to call someone that is rich off black stereotyping "black excellence"

Every hustle is not a good one, just because he is successful doesn't call for celebration. One black man is rich but his legacy is c00ning not excellence.

breh he's making money that's all we should care about. whether it's selling crack, perpetrating the worst stereotypes, pimping women, or pimping religion as long as a black man is making money doing it then it's all good.