Tyla pleads the 5th about coloured Vs Black on the breakfast club. Her PR person jumps in.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Breh, these definitions been in place for a century now. Latin countries have multiple definitions of groups as well such as moreno, mestizo, pardo etc. You sound entitled AF to be telling them they’re doing something wrong or denying heritage because they don’t subscribe to the US’s racist definitions.
Just noticed that only people with african ancestry do this.
And saying that i shouldn't have a problem something with just because its always been that way is actually the most entitled thing posted in this thread so far.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have more confidence in your beliefs

Exactly

Tyla can’t win.

Many Americans cannot digest other cultural contexts because of how insular their society is.
If you know anybody from South Africa this is a non issue, ppl just got too much time on they hands
Right.

She is literally from South Africa.

I gotta say, a lot of us expose how ignorant we are when it comes to other cultures when this topic hits. It’s a bad look.

Beyond that I’m like obsessed with this girl. She’s so damn pretty. She’s like a doll. Let her make her music and be cute. She actually has some bops!

Whooooole lotta plea copping going on in here. Where was this understanding for Drake being from a different culture and not understanding American culture and politics:respect:?

The silence speaks volumes.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just noticed that only people with african ancestry do this.
And saying that i shouldn't have a problem something with just because its always been that way is actually the most entitled thing posted in this thread so far.
Uh…I suggest you do more research. There are literally groups for white and native mixes as well. It’s not just people of African descent and it’s actually more representative of the make up of a country vs one dropping people into a monolithic racial group.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't the "colored" category created to give mixed Africans more rights than pure Africans during apartheid?
Hell yeah like alot of the other color caste system that were make in the latin american countrys that were put in place to keep the black slave population divide it.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Trevor Noah didn’t go through this … is this sexism?
Black women and the FBAADOS crowd on TikTok and Twitter started to is because of their hatred of non Americans and mixed women

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Trevor Noah didn’t go through this … is this sexism?
If i recall, Trevor Noah went up there to the Breakfast Club and explained "coloured". I actually think Charlamagne was asking about it in South African terms. People on here think he was being ignorant but i think he was actually trying to have a legit dialogue with her. She made it worse ducking shyt.

edit: 2 timestamps
1st one is at about 19:00:

Last edited:

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so she one of those, i'm not black i'm something else type people?

People try to come up with their own definitions, but always seems to be defined in such a way to distinguish themselves from other black people.
Unnecessary, you can use your nationality to separate yourself from other black people if you feel that way.
As far as americans are concerned you fall into one of these 5 groups.
  • American Indian or Alaska Native.
  • Asian.
  • Black
  • Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander.
  • White.
But the old world has always taken a tribal approach over the racial one we do in the new world. Irish people weren't considered white back in the day.

She is NOT black. Not sure why yall keep trying to force blackness on people. She has 2 Indian parents and sounds like she is from India when she talks. A lot of folks from India have dark skin but they are not black. She has never claimed to be black. She is just making money from doing black music.